Found Deceased IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #37

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by bessie, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. watcher9

watcher9 Well-Known Member

There is a question of where the bikes were first seen and/or if they had been moved. The area was on the sidewalk side of the fence near or in front of the double gates which leads to the overflow/intake pipe which extends out into the lake. Since the girls' disappearance though, the vegetation has been cleared and the area and the island look different.

Most of the pictures have been saved in amandareckonwith's case archive. A link to this archive as well as other important links in this case can be found on the first post of each thread.

2. giagreen

giagreen Well-Known Member

Thank you.
    Evansdale is much bigger then I had realized.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

3. MzOpinion8d

MzOpinion8d On Time Out

I think your theory about the perp is solid. I have always thought he kept them alive for several days and then had to dispose of them. If he lives at home with mom and dad, he may have taken them while his parents were out of town, kept them captive and then only killed them when his parents were coming back.

I may be wrong but I have always felt that LE referring to Lyric & Elizabeth's "bodies" being found rather than "remains" being found meant they had not severely decomposed. If they'd been in the woods since the middle of July, they'd have been nothing but bones, which I consider "remains", but an intact corpse is still a "body". It may be a stretch but that's just my opinion on it.

One thing is for certain - that town is full of some very strange people, it's almost like a collection of Stephen King characters in a little Iowa town.

4. Asphikenna

Asphikenna New Member

I completely agree. I honestly don't think he killed them immediately. I think he took them out of town to a place he knows about. Parents home, abandoned farmstead...etc (I strongly believe he lives in Evansdale). I too picked apart the verbiage that LE used to describe what was found at Seven Bridges. Perhaps it meant something...Perhaps it didn't. I could easily be reading too much into their use of words.

Yes, Evansdale/Waterloo is full of interesting and shuddering characters. Having lived here 10 years (lived close by prior to that) and working with the general public on a daily basis, there are a lot of very strange people in these parts. Working where I do I constantly wonder if the person in front of me knows what happened, but because this area tends to hold to the phrase "Snitches get stitches and end up in ditches", I'm afraid that even if someone does know, they won't speak up.

5. Fukiyama

Fukiyama Well-Known Member

Just don't confuse Evansdale with Waterloo.

6. giagreen

giagreen Well-Known Member

That'd be pretty hard to do. Lol I actually thought it was further from Waterloo then it was also.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

7. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Earlier in theses threads, there was much discussion about search dogs, here is a new, lengthy article about cadaver dogs, fwiw.

grief-and-breeze.JPG
    Grief (L) and Breeze (R) in the back of Kim Cooper's pickup truck.​ (David Ridgen/CBC)
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/cadaver-dogs-science-training-1.3654993

https://www.facebook.com/radiocbc/videos/vb.48363581912/10154080597536913/?type=2&theater

What the dog smelled: The science and mystery of cadaver dogs
    Scientists still can't fully explain why some dogs are so effective at finding human remains

By Chris Oke, CBC News Posted: Jul 23, 2016

8. Figbarinc

Figbarinc Member

Have the FBI generated a profile of a potential POI yet. It probably has been generated and I just lost perspective in this case and many others that are sleuthed here.. Most of the cases I follow I do not necessarily check every day for NEW info but I will check every so often to see If anything is happening with the case. Not that this has anything to do with this case but I was so glad that a POI and then a final arrest of Wendell Noyes for the murder of celina cass. But nothing really shook out about this case until that profile was given and subsequent arrest. Though I think the Le community in west stewarton always had Noyes on the back burner. With Elizabeth and Lyric's death at least what has been shared so far is that their killer was not a family member but a stranger to them.

9. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

http://whotv.com/2014/08/22/investigators-release-suspect-profile-in-murder-of-evansdale-cousins/

10. MzOpinion8d

MzOpinion8d On Time Out

I think there's a possibility that James Worten killed Elizabeth and Lyric. He's the guy who's been arrested for the murder of Sierah Joughin in Fulton County, OH. It's about an 8 hour drive. I know the suspect profile says they don't think it was a person just passing through, but I still think he should be looked at carefully as a suspect.

He fits MY profile pretty well, shouldn't that count?! Lol.

11. KayElJay

KayElJay Moderator Staff Member Moderator

31 July 2016

Elizabeth Collins would have celebrated her 13th birthday today

12. threecrazykids

threecrazykids Well-Known Member

This just came across the news...

http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Po...mpted-abduction-in-Cedar-Falls-389081311.html

SBM

Police said three children were playing at the park about 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday when a man in a silver four door vehicle pulled up to the park. The driver offered the children money to get into his vehicle. The children refused and he drove away.

The driver was described as being in his mid-30's with short dark hair.

FYI...20 minute drive from Clay Street Park in CF to Meyers Lake in Evansdale. If you take Highway 218 it would also take you right past George Wyth where Lyric was known to frequent with her mom. Not to mention this guy tried to get 3 kids into the car at once.

13. watcher9

watcher9 Well-Known Member

Finally, an update of sorts!
    Don't know if there is a connection but Evansdale is like a hub with Dike to the west, Waterloo and Cedar Falls to the north, and Seven Bridges to the northeast.

Cedar Falls and Grundy County authorities are investigating a possible connection between a series of reported child abduction attempts in Cedar Falls and the Dike area.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/cr...cle_aebabca6-c66d-54cb-84a4-be9647d4d250.html

14. threecrazykids

threecrazykids Well-Known Member

15. Akweks

Akweks Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh, how terrifying. Breaks my heart that we live in such a crazy world.

16. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Summer is for kids, not for selfish perverts who ruin it for them.
    Hope they catch the person who is trying to entice/ grab these children, and i hope they resist arrest...
    imo.

17. armcha1r_detect1ve

armcha1r_detect1ve Member

I just watched the documentary called "Who Took Johnny" on Netflix about the disappearance of Johnny Gosch. Within the first 5 minutes Heather and Drew Collins are in it, speaking with Gosch's mother. As soon as I saw their faces I recognized them. They are also in the documentary a few other times. Their appearances in the film were recorded after the girls' disappearance and before they were found. It was stated during the film that the girls were ultimately found. A simple bump for these girls! I really hope this case gets solved.

18. Wondergirl

Wondergirl Well-Known Member

19. Schipperke

Schipperke New Member

Very recent! Not good! Hope parents are taking this seriously.

20. Marilynilpa

Marilynilpa Well-Known Member

I have just read that the remains of little Jacob Wetterling have been found after 27 years. My heart aches for his mom Patty, who never gave up hope that he was alive somewhere. It made me think about Elizabeth and Lyric. I am grateful that at least their families know where their girls are. Now if we could only learn what happened to them and who did it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.