IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by nikkiw319, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darcyline

Darcyline New Member

I have definitely seen cases where cops have said that the victims are still alive and then the victims turned out to be dead. In at least one of them cops were saying that while already knowing the victim was dead.
    It does seem more hopeful in this case and I am praying that is because it is true.

2. Tucarra

Tucarra Member

"Prolly" quite common in chats....fairly sure I pronounce it that way with friends....hard for me to type it that way....I've tried :)

3. SilkySifaka

SilkySifaka Active Member

After this I sure hope they do. It would be terrible for them to tell the family they think they are alive and then find their bodiesl

I just don't see a reason to keep them alive at all. The most likely reason for abduction is a predator. Ok so he wants to use them as long as possible but now the FBI says they have suspects ...if i was the predator that would seal their death warrant.

imo

4. GrainneDhu

GrainneDhu Verified Expert

I've seen the string of cars waiting for children back in Iowa City. And you're right, I didn't see any sign of staff checking IDs against a list or even really looking at the drivers. They just shovel those kids into cars as fast as they can.

Not that I'm blaming them! They have to get a couple hundred kids into a couple hundred cars and everyone involved just wants to get out of there.

5. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

First-degree kidnapping, which includes for the purpose of sexual abuse, is life in prison, same as for murder.

6. SailorMoon

SailorMoon Let's go Patriots!!! Rock it Brady!

This may just be me, but I really think those drinks should be tested for dna and ran through a crime data base. I'd call LE over and have and suggest so. You just never know.....

7. roseofsharon

roseofsharon Active Member

Does anyone else find it strange that LE would announce having suspect/suspects, if they don't have someone in for questioning.

Do they mean they have someone at the station being questioned?

To make this announcement if someone isn't at the police station just isn't right.

I would think if LE had someone in for questioning, they would have said that.

:twocents::twocents::twocents: and IMO

8. GrainneDhu

I don't think the girls could have done it in 5 minutes, either.

However, the estimate of 12:20 pm seems a bit long to a local poster, who said that an adult on a bicycle could make it to the convenience store where he placed a call on his cell phone in less than 2 minutes.

If you go with assuming he over-estimated the time, then there could be up to 10 minutes in the window.

And that is plenty of time to disappear the girls.

9. ShyViolet

ShyViolet New Member

Whatever happened to the 2:30 sighting of the girls on their bikes --the one that brought the focus to the lake in the first place? Was that discounted somehow, and how?

ETA--thank you in advance!

10. tk71texas

tk71texas wth is wrong with people today

ha ha....i write prolly all the time

11. Strawberry Fields

Strawberry Fields New Member

I am starting to get a feeling that LE may have been contacted by someone who knows the girls are safe somewhere and some of the recent remarks like the interview with Elizabeth's parents and that VM, and the interview on FOX with Misty, Tammy and grandma were some sort of signal/communication to the perps. Just a thought or hope.

12. shefner

shefner Member Since 2008

Did I see that the press conference today is at 3pm?

13. GrainneDhu

He saw two bikes. We don't know for sure they were bikes belonging to Lyric and Elizabeth.

Could have been two other kids who coincidentally stopped there.

14. Sunlight

Sunlight New Member

This reminds me of hostage negotiation.

15. epiphany

epiphany Well-Known Member

Adding to your post on what the FBI spokesperson said yesterday:

Breault says investigators are interviewing "persons of interest" in the case, whom she declined to identify.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...eve-missing-iowa-girls-are-alive-report-says/

16. Strawberry Fields

Not trying to start a rumor, but I really thought the police have the bikes??

17. hollyblue

hollyblue It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen t

Question...Why would an area southeast of Evansdale have an address of Waterloo? ???? Help.. TIA

18. Strawberry Fields

Oh I see what you meant now, maybe two other bicycles were seen. Sorry.

19. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

Yes as far as I know they said there would be at the press conference yesterday.

If there is any news from the press conference please post it here.

20. GrainneDhu

So far, I haven't seen anything that looks too weird for an Iowan.

Iowans (and midwesterners) tend to be stoic and to avoid large emotional displays, particularly in public.

There's a lot of social pressure on everyone to put other people at ease. The Iowa way to do this is to smile and assure everyone else that while a given event is trying, that person is bearing up (often with the assistance of prayer--Iowa is very Christian).

I've seen other devout Christian families who were also very stoic and I think it's a manifestation of their faith that the Christian god will assist them or has a plan for them.

Put that together with Iowa stoicism and it means that many Iowans seem unnaturally calm.

Think Lake Wobegon and that's a fairly accurate portrait of Iowa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.