IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by nikkiw319, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrainneDhu

GrainneDhu Verified Expert

LE has the bikes that belong to Elizabeth and Lyric, definitely.

However, are those the two bikes seen by the 12:27 witness? Could he have seen bikes belonging to Jane and Janet Public, who were doing a little exploring in the woods, came back just after he saw the bikes and rode off.

If so, then Elizabeth and Lyric came along a little later and left their bikes in the same location.

If that were so, I would wonder if a perp was creating some sort of lure or attraction at that point but the first two kids didn't fit the perp's profile.

I bet kids would stop riding to pick up a bunch of quarters sprinkled on the bike trail. Quarters are the largest coin in general usage in the US and if there were 10 or 20 of them on the ground, that would look like a treasure to 8 and 10 year olds.

2. epiphany

epiphany Well-Known Member

3. Patty G

Patty G Retired WS Staff

If a poly is inconclusive, especially if given so shortly after the trauma of a missing loved one, it is a good idea to do another one, as long as the person is willing to do so.

4. liltexans

liltexans Retired WS Staff

I think sometimes additional polys are given if LE comes up with new questions during an investigation, but I'm not LE so I don't know for sure. I remember in baby Joshua Davis' case, the dad said he had been given 3 polys.

5. tiredblondy

tiredblondy Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone who relayed what was being said!

6. Cheewawa007

Cheewawa007 Registered Changiholic

Don't assume we know what you know doesn't sound very encouraging imo - I would have thought they scoured the surrounding area asking everyone if they saw something. Wow - that was a whole lot about nothing if you ask me. Then they lose the feed...

7. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

I don't find it strange that Missy had to take a second poly. I once had to take a poly after a traumatic event, the doctor had me on xanax for anxiety and the test was all over the place (inconclusive). They had to get permission for me to get off the meds and then three days later took it again and was cleared. So she very well could be on something due to the upsetment involved with her daughter being missing. IMHO

8. epiphany

epiphany Well-Known Member

Video of today's interview is now up on Fox:

Their grandmother, Wylma Cook was the last known person to have seen the girls. She said authorities told the family that they feel the girls are live and they have suspects.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/07/2...and-elizabeth-collins-plead-for-their-return/

9. Jules71

Jules71 Well-Known Member

So if there was a possible raid at a house today - wonder who is new in jail? Guess I will go look at that. Didn't someone ask if there have been any arrests in the case so far? What was her answer?

10. roseofsharon

roseofsharon Active Member

\

The noun used here is "suspects" not POI.

11. callyn

callyn Well-Known Member

That was said by the spokeswoman at the presser and they are not telling us what evidence

12. GrainneDhu

GrainneDhu Verified Expert

Not a wasted post, though, since it triggered a possible theory in my mind.

What if a predator invested in a couple rolls of quarters and used them to lay a trail into the woods? Sprinkle a handful on the path and then lay a path of quarters into the woods.

I'm pretty sure most kids and many adults would follow such a trail without thinking twice about it.

For an investment of $20, a perp could re-bait the trap as needed until someone who fit the profile came along.

13. hollyblue

hollyblue It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen t

If anyone finds the link to the presser later, it would be appreciated. TY Ack!!!!

14. KeepThemOnTheRadar

KeepThemOnTheRadar Member

I'm so confused. I keep losing connectivity, then when I am back online it is so lagged it's like I'm using dial up. So that's it? All that build up and no deliver. Still, far better than finding out the girls are deceased.

15. Jules71

Jules71 Well-Known Member

When she mentioned the man who saw the bikes - she said he regularly walks around the lake and didn't think he had any info they would need because he didn't see the girls - but he did see the bikes. Is this the same guy who regularly bikes around the lake? Because he did contact them thinking that info was pertinent.

16. nervous_nellie

nervous_nellie Carpe Noctem

well, if there really was a raid there may be all sorts of folks packed into the pd that they didnt want involved with the presser or even hearing it?? who knows at this point, i dont know what to think about this case...

17. migranny

migranny Member

Sounds to me like they have no clue! IMO begging for public help means they have nothing to go on.

18. CocoChanel

CocoChanel Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

My opinion - for the FBI to TELL US they believe the girls are alive means they absolutely know they are, and that telling us that will not endanger them. That leads me to believe the girls are safe somewhere, perhaps in protective custody, and they are trying to track and nail down the case against all of those who caused this event to occur.

19. Wishbone

Wishbone Well-Known Member

9 days after the abduction they ask for people to come forward if they were at the lake on the 13th. Just sloppy police work going on here.

20. EXIA15145

EXIA15145 Inactive

So, was there a press conference yet or not? This crappy computer belongs in the dumpster and if I could get it to work I wouldn't be asking you what did I miss this time? Could I just from now on say WIMN? as in What'd I miss now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.