Found Deceased IA - Jake Wilson, 16, La Porte City, 07 Apr 2018 *autistic*

Any news?
Search continues for Jake Wilson of La Porte City

Authorities are planning another big water search this weekend in an effort to bring Jake Wilson home.

[...]

This past weekend, crews expanded their search with sonar technology from Wolf Creek to the Cedar River. On Monday, boats started in Vinton and worked their way north to La Porte City.

This upcoming weekend, crews are going back to the water. They will be using heavy equipment to break-up larger log jams in the Cedar River. Black Hawk County Sheriff Tony Thompson says the investigation keeps taking them back to the water.

"We've got to continue to help support the operations side," said Sheriff Thompson. "If that is the one true lead, the one realistic, most plausible explanation, then we have to continue to support what La Porte City Police Chief Chris Brecher's operation is doing."

The creek and the river have a lot of debris, being swept by the current, which is why crews are going back in to make sure they have covered every area they need to.

In the meantime, Sheriff Thompson wanted to thank all the agencies and the hundreds of volunteers who showed up each and every day to search for Jake. They were out in the rain, snow, hail, and sleet during the first few days.

He says in part, "While I hold my head high for having been blessed to work with all these folks in very rough conditions, we have not yet done the one thing we promised to do----to bring Jake home. The work continues until that time."

Anyone with information is asked to call Black Hawk County Dispatch at (319) 291-2515.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/38043056/2018/04/25/search-continues-for-jake-wilson-of-la-porte-city

Jake Wilson search: Authorities to resume looking for autistic teen

LA PORT CITY, Ia. — Authorities intend to renew their water search for an eastern Iowa teenager who's been missing for nearly three weeks.

[...]

La Porte City Police Chief Chris Brecher says trained crews from law enforcement and fire departments will be involved Saturday and Sunday, as well as heavy equipment to pull apart log jams in Wolf Creek.

He says the creek and other water bodies need to be rechecked as water levels rise and fall, changing conditions.

(Video at link)
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...-resume-looking-autistic-iowa-teen/558862002/

They sure are focusing on water ( strongly).
I wish we knew if there were other areas of intense focus as well and if they have eliminated the need for photos from others they requested from that weekend.

They sure are focusing on water ( strongly).
I wish we knew if there were other areas of intense focus as well and if they have eliminated the need for photos from others they requested from that weekend.

Another creepy reminder of Lyric and Lizzie: for the longest time they thought they must be in the lake. I'm not saying there's necessarily a connection but the similarities keep giving me the creeps in the worst way.

Another creepy reminder of Lyric and Lizzie: for the longest time they thought they must be in the lake. I'm not saying there's necessarily a connection but the similarities keep giving me the creeps in the worst way.
Couldn’t agree more, right down to the same investigators, FBI personnel, and Drew helping with the searches.

I just can't shake the feeling he isn't in the water. Wouldn't they have found him by now? If he is/was in the water he would have (pardon the harshness) surfaced during decomp wouldn't he? I get that same eerie feeling I did when they searched the lake for Lyric and Lizzy...that it's not the main focus of their investigation...that there is other avenues being investigated that are not being so publicly advertised. ��

Something has my hinky meter pinging here. Dunno what it is right now, but something isn't sitting quite right with me, I just can't put my finger on what it is that isn't feeling right.....

It took searchers a while to find Kathlynn Shepard's body after Klunder dumped her in the Des Moines River. But I'm in agreement that if he isn't found soon, I don't think he is in the creek. There is something else that happened. So sad!

It took searchers a while to find Kathlynn Shepard's body after Klunder dumped her in the Des Moines River. But I'm in agreement that if he isn't found soon, I don't think he is in the creek. There is something else that happened. So sad!
There was a boy who drowned on July 4, after the parents being reminded to watch him. He wasn't found for a while. I think about soap in a bathtub. You feel around that sucker and knowing there, but somehow, it moves and escapes capture. If he's there and not stuck in brush, he will come up. Or a piece of clothing or something!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Something has my hinky meter pinging here. Dunno what it is right now, but something isn't sitting quite right with me, I just can't put my finger on what it is that isn't feeling right.....

Probably a 16 year old who isn’t mentally 16 being “allowed” to go walk next to a body of water in the cold and dark of the night?

That’s what pings me pretty good anyway.

UPDATE: Candlelight vigil to be held Monday as crews continue search for Jake Wilson

LA PORTE CITY -- A public candlelight vigil for missing La Porte City teen Jake Wilson will take place amid a continued search for the young man.

The vigil will be held at 8 p.m. Monday at Wolf Creek Landing on the corner of Main and Tama streets.

[...]

La Porte City Police Chief Chris Brecher said Monday evening crew had "cleared a large area" of Wolf Creek, the place where Jake had told family he was headed the night of his disappearance.
9a7fa5d8cb98970dcb63f7abd7b57cb4.jpg

Large machinery was brought in to remove creek blockages but no discoveries were found, Brecher said. More log jams will be cleared by crews this week, and kayakers will continue to patrol Wolf Creek.

This week, the Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office will patrol the Cedar River by boat from Vinton to La Porte City, using sonar, Brecher said.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ca...cle_4437b453-db75-5f8b-a0de-e76766221fee.html

I can’t believe it has been nearly a month and he’s still missing :(

Bumping for Jake. I can't believe he still hasn't been found.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back