Found Deceased IA - Jake Wilson, 16, La Porte City, 07 Apr 2018 *autistic*

Looks like there‘s quite a bit of snow there now:
http://globegazette.com/news/local/...cle_19c44406-f9e6-56d2-96f5-d26f652acda4.html
e4d37007e81803e9c38c0ef55ff8a178.jpg

[...]

Sheriff Tony Thompson said that in addition to the volunteers, trained teams are carrying out specialized searches, like the group from Task Force 1 that will be checking confined spaces like storm sewer drains and culverts.

Sonar is also being used to scope out Wolf Creek and adjacent waterways. Officials said the sonar is useful because the streams feature a number of tangles of fallen branches, and the water is too dark to see through.

Authorities are also asking farmers and landowners within a 5-mile radius of La Porte City to check their outbuildings and vehicles.

Thompson said police haven’t ruled out any possibilities in the investigation into Jake’s disappearance.

"While it’s not criminal in nature, we are still going to process everything as though it’s a crime scene," Thompson said. "We are going to process every piece of information, we are going to process every found glove or boot or whatever, simply because it allows for a very regimented way of documenting everything that we come across."

[...]

Imagine wandering around down there in the dark by yourself...without your glasses...thinking like a 9 year old...in a hoodie...when it is 30 degrees...with permission.

Imagine wandering around down there in the dark by yourself...without your glasses...thinking like a 9 year old...in a hoodie...when it is 30 degrees...with permission.

Totally not liking this one iota. Hope it doesn't have a similar outcome to another case going on this very minute..

If Jake went to the creek at 9pm how could he see where he was going without his glasses and I guess no flashlight. Is the street and trail leading to the creek well lighted. This doesn't make sense to me.

If Jake went to the creek at 9pm how could he see where he was going without his glasses and I guess no flashlight. Is the street and trail leading to the creek well lighted. This doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe he is far sighted? In which case he might not need the glasses, when he is outside. Personally I'm near sighted. I'm typing this right now without my glasses on and can see perfectly well. But if I want to see what is across the room, I need to put my glasses on, and if I go outside I certainly need them on. I think many people don't wear their glasses all the time.

Reactions: dms
Oh no....he could be hidden under snow now. :(

Thankfully the majority of snow has melted now. And temps will be in the 60’s to low 70’s the next couple of days, though it’s 20-30 degrees at night/morning. Then snow again Friday. Iowa is incredibly bipolar! :-/ Regardless, I agree...this doesn’t look good. So sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So hard to give folks the benefit of the doubt when you're a WSer. So many red flags here. So many posts typed and deleted. Jake, I do hope you are okay somewhere.

yeah, that's all I've got.

I think it is especially hard after seeing where the Joe Daniels case is at. I will just say that I hope LE is doing their job and that the community is looking out for Jake to bring him home.

I cant believe he hasn't been found yet. I wonder who Jake went to the ice cream shop with and if he was actually seen there? I wonder when the last time someone outside the home saw him? This is such a strange case. Thankfully the weather is looking better today and for the next few days.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

UPDATE: STILL NO SIGN OF MISSING BOY WITH AUTISM IN NORTHEAST IOWA
http://www.kimt.com/content/news/Se...ortheast-Iowa-enters-third-day-479273003.html
LA PORTE CITY, Iowa - Authorities say the search will continue Wednesday for Jake Wilson.

The 16-year-old with Autism went missing Saturday after going for a walk. The La Porte City Police Department says the search will resume Wednesday at 8 am. Volunteers are asked to meet at the fire station and people are being asked to contribute ATs and UTVs to allow searchers to cover a bigger area.

Anyone bringing ATVs or UTVs should park them in the empty lot next to the car wash on the corner of Main Street and Tama Street.

La Port City police say they appreciate everyone help and their donations of time, money, and food.

[...]

I'm fearful that the stepdad did something to him. The mom was asleep. The kid didn't leave with his glasses on. Something isn't right. I hope I'm wrong.

Search still on for missing La Porte City teen with autism
http://wqad.com/2018/04/11/search-still-on-for-missing-la-porte-city-teen-with-autism/

[...]

Officials say nearly 500 people signed up at the La Porte City fire station for a line search of a neighborhood Tuesday. The Black Hawk County city has about 2,300 residents.

The total search area covers about 255 square miles (660 square kilometers) and is being pored over with dogs, people using horses or all-terrain vehicles and by people wading through a creek.

I hope something is discovered in the big search today and this is not a waste of time and resources because someone dd something nefarious to Jake...

Hearts out to those searchers. It must be mid afternoon in Iowa now...

Let's just say the part about him asking to go to the creek is true. But, maybe he never did go to the creek, he went somewhere else?

However, IDK about the creek story.

I'm fearful that the stepdad did something to him. The mom was asleep. The kid didn't leave with his glasses on. Something isn't right. I hope I'm wrong.

:welcome:

He seems a bit too old to have been the victim of family violence. This isn't someone like Joe Daniels we're talking about. This boy clearly was capable of functioning without his parents to over-see him and they trusted him to go to an ice cream place without them. As for him leaving his glasses, that doesn't necessarily mean anything, he may not have needed them all the time. My nephew is only slightly near sighted and even though he should always keep his glasses on he rarely wears them.

Based on the currently available information, my suspicion is he met someone at the ice cream place, they, he or she invited him out somewhere, probably will ill intentions (figuring since he was "slow" he'd be an easy mark to take advantage of) and something happened to him. Of course he could have also gone out completely alone for whatever reason and this could be another case like the CDC worker who fell in the water, hit his head and drowned.

He seems a bit too old to have been the victim of family violence. This isn't someone like Joe Daniels we're talking about. This boy clearly was capable of functioning without his parents to over-see him and they trusted him to go to an ice cream place without them. As for him leaving his glasses, that doesn't necessarily mean anything, he may not have needed them all the time. My nephew is only slightly near sighted and even though he should always keep his glasses on he rarely wears them.

Based on the currently available information, my suspicion is he met someone at the ice cream place, they, he or she invited him out somewhere, probably will ill intentions (figuring since he was "slow" he'd be an easy mark to take advantage of) and something happened to him. Of course he could have also gone out completely alone for whatever reason and this could be another case like the CDC worker who fell in the water, hit his head and drowned.

Whoa whoa whoa... do you have a link to MSM that says "the CDC worker" fell in the water, hit his head and drowned?

Did Jake go to the ice cream spot unattended, by himself?

have you seen any pictures of Jake without his glasses on?

Are you saying only younger people suffer family violence? Do you have a link to statistics? Because that's not simply not true. I can prove it by pointing to at least 1,000 cases here on WS alone.

ETA: Jake's family reported he functions at a 9-year old level. Is that an age whereby 9-year old children can "function" unattended by parents? At night? outside? in the dark?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back