IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Mason City, 27 June 1995 - Anchorwoman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another name that has come up in the past but received very little coverage is William "Billy" Pruin. He was found dead from a gunshot wound in his house in the months prior to Jodi's disappearance. Originally ruled a suicide, there may have circumstances that make that ruling suspicious. That is, his front door was not closed or locked and his keys were still in the lock. Some also question the entry wound - i.e., in his back and not the front? Pruin was a friend or acquaintance of Jodi's and she may have been looking into the case.

Billy Pruin
I'm familiar with that angle, but Jodi was merely an anchor, not an investigative reporter.

Have you seen the video in which TDJ's friend mentions that TDJ went to a bar for the specific purpose of making contact with Jodi? Somehow TDJ knew Jodi would be at that particular bar; presumably, he was stalking her to some extent. That was shortly before Jodi was abducted. What are the chances that Jodi would be abducted around the time she was being stalked by someone who would later be sent to prison for rape and that there would not be a connection between the rapist and the abduction?

4 Billboards Seek Answers On Missing TV Anchor From Minnesota
img_2194-1527772522-9953.jpg

2017 Oscar-winning film, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Such a good movie.

Can someone explain what they mean by GPS information on the cars? I don't understand what this means.
Did the police install GPS locators on the cars to see where he was going?
TIA
he must frequent somewhere that the police think is relevant to jodi.
disposal site maybe???
shrine??
interesting!

Can someone explain what they mean by GPS information on the cars? I don't understand what this means.
Did the police install GPS locators on the cars to see where he was going?
TIA

Vehicles have GPS devices already installed in them, like little black boxes on airplanes, that are automatically installed by the manufacturers. They aren't like Garmins, etc, that you buy for your own use when traveling, it monitors the car and its functions. They also track the vehicles location and use. Not sure when it started, I tried looking it up, but with so many ads for buying GPS, it cluttered up the information. If I had to guess, adding GPS to the vehicles began when they started to become computerized. Hopefully someone knows more about it. Google is your friend, but when you're trying to look stuff up and the first six pages are where to buy GPS devices instead of the history, like I requested, it's a PITA. I just know from experience there are tracking devices already on cars now, put there by the manufacturers to monitor car systems, not just track location, and they've been doing it for decades now.

Jodi Huisentruit disappeared 23 years ago today

An anchorwoman for a Mason City TV station disappeared 23 years ago today.

Jodi Huisentruit was abducted from the parking lot of her apartment complex early on the morning of June 27, 1995. Her body has never been found and the case remains unsolved. Organizers of the website FindJodi.com are hoping to change that.

Caroline Lowe, a former investigative reporter at WCCO TV in the Twin Cities, says there are people who likely have important information in the case, but they’re unwilling to talk to police. The FindJodi.com team is encouraging them to do so.

They did get a partial palm print off of Jodi's car.
They checked it against Corscadden (awful sex offender who lived nearby) and it wasn't a match. So they do have a palm print.
I have never come across anything about them checking Vansice's palm print for comparison, although since they were friends it could be normal for his palm print to be found on the car. It wouldn't necessarily be the big hit LE is waiting for.
I will be interested in seeing what the warrant on John Vansice says. I read it will be unsealed sometime in the fall so hopefully we can see what was in it that led to investigating his car/cars.

Jodi Huisentruit, who was reported missing June 26, 1995, has still never has been found.
636633675705041400-Jodi-Billboard.jpg

Mollie Tibbetts gets far more coverage than other missing persons. Is media bias to blame?

I understand the point but you really can't compares these two cases regardless of age, female, white, state, etc. Mollie's case is viral because we rely on technology for everything whereas Jodi went missing (way, way) before any of this. I do agree though, that there are so many missing people of all races, ages, backgrounds, locations, etc. and there are always a few special cases that are strong in the news and that remain in the news. I had not even heard of the autistic boy, Jake Wilson, from Iowa which is sad because I follow these things pretty closely. The only plus side with Mollie's case in particular is that Jake's name and information in now out there. Hoping somehow both are found safe...

Growing up in Iowa, I can't remember when I first heard about Jodi's case. I do remember hearing about her when I was quite young. Now that I'm about Jodi's age, her case definitely piques my interest. Mollie's case brought me back to "true crime" and I stumbled upon the show Disappeared on Hulu (which is apparently expiring in a few days, so it's a good thing I found it when I did). I noticed they did an episode on Jodi, so I was eager to see it, being familiar with the name and vague details but not too familiar with specifics (I knew she was a newscaster in Iowa who went missing in the mid-90s after not showing up to work).

I need to do some more research to build a conclusive theory of what I think happened. My gut is leaning towards John Vansice.

Growing up in Iowa, I can't remember when I first heard about Jodi's case. I do remember hearing about her when I was quite young. Now that I'm about Jodi's age, her case definitely piques my interest. Mollie's case brought me back to "true crime" and I stumbled upon the show Disappeared on Hulu (which is apparently expiring in a few days, so it's a good thing I found it when I did). I noticed they did an episode on Jodi, so I was eager to see it, being familiar with the name and vague details but not too familiar with specifics (I knew she was a newscaster in Iowa who went missing in the mid-90s after not showing up to work).

I need to do some more research to build a conclusive theory of what I think happened. My gut is leaning towards John Vansice.
Have you watched this video?

Tony Jackson sought Jodi out in a bar not long before she disappeared. He seemed to have knowledge of her routine. He he picked up a car the day before Jodi disappeared and returned it two weeks later with 548 miles on it. He wrote rap lyrics suggesting that he had disposed of Jodi in a silo Tiffin, Iowa, and cadaver dogs alerted on the scent of human remains in a silo there. (Whatever body had been there had already been moved.)

Have you watched this video?

Tony Jackson sought Jodi out in a bar not long before she disappeared. He seemed to have knowledge of her routine. He he picked up a car the day before Jodi disappeared and returned it two weeks later with 548 miles on it. He wrote rap lyrics suggesting that he had disposed of Jodi in a silo Tiffin, Iowa, and cadaver dogs alerted on the scent of human remains in a silo there. (Whatever body had been there had already been moved.)
I had not seen that specific video, but I had heard about the rap song about Tiffin. I don't know what to make of it. Were the boards ever tested?

I had not seen that specific video, but I had heard about the rap song about Tiffin. I don't know what to make of it. Were the boards ever tested?
The results did not produce any connection to Jodi, per CL in PI magazine.

I think the most interesting thing I've heard was CLs answer to the following question in PI magazine...

PI: Did you follow up with Jodi’s friend John Vancise?

CL: I tried to, with no luck. I thought he might be willing to talk with me after I did a series of WCCO I-Team reports on a Twin Cities serial rapist named Tony Dejuan Jackson who lived in Mason City at the time Jodi disappeared. Vansice moved near Phoenix, Arizona. That’s where I tracked him down in 1998 and cornered him outside a restaurant, trying to get his side of the story. He refused to talk to me.

I was always somewhat torn between 2 theories, one being Anthony Jackson, whose gf resembled Jodi; they could never find physical evidence to connect him, despite his jailhouse boasting and rap song.
The other is JV who seemed obsessed with Jodi and jealous of other men's attention to her, i.e. Billy Pruin, who was also coincidentally(?) murdered a few months before Jodi disappeared. I also think his son may have helped him as he too was enamored of her, as stated in her day diary of a water skiing trip with JV, his son and a couple other friends. I am quite curious of what his son's alibi is/was and what other info LE might have looked into about him.
Also, found this short article about the search warrant on JV's cars this past March.
https://www.findjodi.com/judge-seals-john-vansice-search-warrant-for-another-year/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong