IA IA - Johnny Gosch, 12, West Des Moines, 5 Sept 1982 #4

In 1985, a dollar bill surfaced in Sioux City, Iowa with a handwritten message on it: “I am alive. Johnny Gosch.” The Gosch family sent one dollar the woman who found the bill and asked her to send the marked bill to them, which she did.

Was the name of the woman who found the bill ever revealed? Where did the bill surface in Sioux City? A gas station, grocery store? Was there any handwriting comparisons done confirming the writing on the dollar was similar to Johnny's?

Noreen Gosch....."The Johnny Gosch Foundation was constantly growing and the speaking engagements were continuing. Over a period of six years, I presented seven hundred programs, all over the country. A very special young couple came to meet with us; he was the editor of the Ankeny Press Citizen in a neighboring town. They joined our organization and he began to write a series of articles on Johnny’s case, telling the true story. Ron and Luann Sampson, played a very large role in shaping this entire investigation. The Des Moines Register was ignoring any kind of helpful publicity (no one could understand why…. (Johnny worked for them), so we worked with other forms of the press, in and outside our state. I received a phone call in the spring of 1983, a woman saying, she worked at the Des Moines Register in the newsroom…. She reported, “Shortly after the kidnapping, the editor at that time, came into the newsroom and announced …all articles written about the Gosch boy WILL be slanted against the family and for the police.” She would not give me her name… she was afraid of losing her job. I now knew what was happening but didn’t understand “why!""

Noreen Gosch...." Paul Bonnaci who participated in the kidnapping of Johnny also stated, he was repeatedly sent to Washington D.C. to have sex with Massachusetts Representative Barney Frank. The Washington Times published a front page story stating a child prostitution ring was being run out of his D.C. apartment"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Des Moines Register
Des Moines, Iowa
22 Sep 1989, Fri • Page 9

<modsnip: copying paywalled article>

Last edited by a moderator:
Check local government records and MSM reports of structural fires in that area during the time frame. See if there is a fire department report of the fire with any details of cause or fire marshal investigation. Use the address to run down ownership of the property in the public tax records.

All great solutions. Appreciated. :) Only issue is no address was ever revealed by America's Most Wanted. Not even a city. All we know is that the home was located in what appears to be a rural area of Colorado. Perhaps someone familiar with Colorado could pinpoint a location by watching the background of episode in which Paul Bonacci is walking/traveling. I am not sure what mountains/ranges those are in background. What is the most likely highway or road he would be traveling ?
The footage is also used in the documentary Who Took Johnny which is available on amazon.

Paul Bonacci location of Colorado Ranch from America's Most Wanted/Who Took Johnny

Google Map search of "Elephant Rock, Colorado" and see what it gets you. It'll show you a place up near Aurora, just North of the Springs. Buena Vista is (going by the roads from here) South on I-25, then back up NorthWest by county roads.

Newer built home in that region ( I won't say the address, and the address also has been changed since the 90s which is intersting) Mountains and background matches up to the footage from background of Paul on ranc in Who Took Johnny film/ America's Most Wanted.

It is also interesting how many names have changed with deeds etc. Military man name comes up.

Wow, Johnny! Thanks for digging all of this up!
Very intriguing stuff.

All these years of wondering and the source was right there on a website I never bothered to check....
Johnny Gosch abduction - CAVDEF

• "According to America's Most Wanted (based on the investigative work by Roy Stephens), the ranch was located in Buena Vista CO near an elephant-shaped rock. When they attempted to look into the property records of the ranch, they found that it had been owned by a former prison guard." Google Earth always fun and helpful. Compare the background to Bonacci and well easy enough...mountain and rock formations don't change that often. Thank goodness. :)

Anyone have thoughts on this Colorado region where Bonacci showed the house where Gosch was held captive?
This does appear to be not the best logical place to make homes since it is in an area that gets snowed in often to the point where travel to nearby towns is difficult. It makes sense if you are someone who wants complete privacy in committing child trafficking.

Why have multiple people in the military have connections with this region and keep owning these same properties. Also, again as I always state, anything with Lt. Col. Michael Aquino attached to it has to involve evil.

Not followed this case for a long time. Any new info or suspects?

I personally think he died very soon after the abduction. I can’t see how the other paperboys abduction and disappearance isn’t linked.

The fact that a couple of people employed at the paper were molesting paperboys makes you think they would be prime suspects , but it’s a big leap from that to kidnap and murder ?

If it was someone not local , would they return a couple years later to do it again ?

I personally think he died very soon after the abduction. I can’t see how the other paperboys abduction and disappearance isn’t linked.

The fact that a couple of people employed at the paper were molesting paperboys makes you think they would be prime suspects , but it’s a big leap from that to kidnap and murder ?

If it was someone not local , would they return a couple years later to do it again ?

I find it odd as well that the other paperboy cases are not linked as many of them are extremely similar to each other (IMO). Most Theories I’ve heard were “the paperboys were being abducted and sex trafficked or sold” but I believe that’s speculation from many who have followed the case for awhile. I think it’s a possibility too, but really not sure. Didn’t johnnys mom claim that he visited her years later with another unknown male? I May have cases confused.

PezCandy, I've read here and elsewhere that Noreen has said that Johnny visited her one night many years after his disappearance. I don't recall if she said that he was accompanied by anyone.

I’ll try to find the article about it again as it’s been years since I heard it. It was odd tho cuz she was saying the other guy that was with him didn’t say anything

Last edited by a moderator:
PezCandy, I've read here and elsewhere that Noreen has said that Johnny visited her one night many years after his disappearance. I don't recall if she said that he was accompanied by anyone.

Yes, He was accompanied by another male who did not do any speaking. They mention it in the film Who Took Johnny also.

Look into The Franklin Scandal Coverup (Lawrence E. King) and Colonel Michael Aquino former CIA who was involved in may Psy Ops operations. He is also the founder of the Temple of Set which he founded after parting from the Church of Satan. He and Anton Lavey were close friends until they had disagreement and Aquino went on to form his own church

In most cases, children are usually killed within 3 hours of an abduction. (see link below) The main reason I think he survived was because Paul Bonacci came forth and had information. Two other children came forward also... Alisha Owens ( who was convicted of eight counts of perjury beyond a reasonable doubt, this was a message to all victims to keep your mouth shut) and Troy Boner (whose brother was murdered suspciously after he came out speaking against King and other politicians), then Troy was found dead of a overdose at a later date. A common theme when speaking out is witnesses start dying off or "commit suicide"

Bonacci also admitted he helped abduct Johnny when he was a teen himself. He also spoke of several things to Noreen Gosch about Johnny that were never revealed to the public. Bonacci also lead investigators from America's Most Wanted to a house in Colorado and showed John Walsh and the crew the underground area they kept the children and there was also initials of children carved into the wood.

I respect John Walsh for even covering the case because the media swept it under the carpet.

One final note: Many people will dismiss Paul Bonacci because he is considered a registered sex offender. BUT, the reason being, is because when he himself was a sex slave as a child and teen he was forced into doing those acts. The labeling of him as a sex offender was another attempt to dismiss and quiet the victims in order to continue to protect people of power involved at the time.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-====================

National Child Kidnapping Facts

Kidnapped Child Homicide Statistics

The other study that is often quoted by media and by professionals in the missing child field was conducted by the Attorney General of Washington State in 1997.

The findings were that among abducted children who were murdered, "in 74 percent of the cases the victims were dead within three hours after abduction." What is not generally reported is the fact that this statistic refers to a very small group of children abducted by violent or predatory kidnappers (approximately 1 in every 10,000 reports of a missing child).

So yes, it is important to find the child quickly, in case the kidnapping is one of that small group. But it is incorrect to assume that 74% of kidnapped children are at risk of being killed if not found within 3 hours.

This posted in DM Register this week: Polk County officials: Children found human remains on north Des Moines property

Go to Google Maps and plug in these addresses:
1. 4330 N Baseline Drive in Des Moines is where the remains were found on March 17, 2020. Appears to have been a vacant lot in 1980's. Assessment records show property was developed in 1992. Polk County Assessor 270/01665-007-000
2. SW 12th St & Highview Dr, Des Moines, IA 50315 is where Eugene Martin disappeared from. Distance of 8.3 miles from 4330 N Baseline Drive. (source: Eugene Martin case remains open after 31 years)
3. Johnny Gosch lived at 1004 45th St, West Des Moines, IA 50266, and he disappeared from 42nd St & Marcourt Ln, West Des Moines, IA 50266. Distance of 11.4 miles to 4330 N Baseline Drive. (source: It’s Been 34 Years Since Johnny Gosch Disappeared While Delivering Papers in West Des Moines.)

This posted in DM Register this week: Polk County officials: Children found human remains on north Des Moines property

Go to Google Maps and plug in these addresses:
1. 4330 N Baseline Drive in Des Moines is where the remains were found on March 17, 2020. Appears to have been a vacant lot in 1980's. Assessment records show property was developed in 1992. Polk County Assessor 270/01665-007-000
2. SW 12th St & Highview Dr, Des Moines, IA 50315 is where Eugene Martin disappeared from. Distance of 8.3 miles from 4330 N Baseline Drive. (source: Eugene Martin case remains open after 31 years)
3. Johnny Gosch lived at 1004 45th St, West Des Moines, IA 50266, and he disappeared from 42nd St & Marcourt Ln, West Des Moines, IA 50266. Distance of 11.4 miles to 4330 N Baseline Drive. (source: It’s Been 34 Years Since Johnny Gosch Disappeared While Delivering Papers in West Des Moines.)
Wow.

Noreen Gosch....."The Johnny Gosch Foundation was constantly growing and the speaking engagements were continuing. Over a period of six years, I presented seven hundred programs, all over the country. A very special young couple came to meet with us; he was the editor of the Ankeny Press Citizen in a neighboring town. They joined our organization and he began to write a series of articles on Johnny’s case, telling the true story. Ron and Luann Sampson, played a very large role in shaping this entire investigation. The Des Moines Register was ignoring any kind of helpful publicity (no one could understand why…. (Johnny worked for them), so we worked with other forms of the press, in and outside our state. I received a phone call in the spring of 1983, a woman saying, she worked at the Des Moines Register in the newsroom…. She reported, “Shortly after the kidnapping, the editor at that time, came into the newsroom and announced …all articles written about the Gosch boy WILL be slanted against the family and for the police.” She would not give me her name… she was afraid of losing her job. I now knew what was happening but didn’t understand “why!""
The Des Moines Register is a HUGE part of this case and they have a conflict of interest in reporting it. Fact. They do not give a crap in my opinion. They are an elitist group concerned about their own image. Paper boy employees making peanuts that disappear on the job is not their desired image.

The Des Moines Register is a HUGE part of this case and they have a conflict of interest in reporting it. Fact. They do not give a crap in my opinion. They are an elitist group concerned about their own image. Paper boy employees making peanuts that disappear on the job is not their desired image.
Absolutely! They are either directly involved (employees) or indirectly (someone with knowledge of times and routes etc) in my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postalgirl74
Back