IA - Marc Allen, 13, Des Moines, 29 March 1986

Discussion in '1980's Missing' started by summer_breeze, Feb 27, 2011.

1. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

MARC JAMES ALLEN Age Progression
    Case Type: Endangered Missing
    DOB: May 13, 1972 Sex: Male
    Missing Date: Mar 29, 1986 Race: White
    Age Now: 38 Height: 5'0" (152 cm)
    Missing City: DES MOINES Weight: 85 lbs (39 kg)
    Missing State : IA Hair Color: Brown
    Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Blue
    Case Number: NCMC1053047

Circumstances: Marc's photo is shown age-progressed to 37 years. He was last seen leaving his home is Des Moines, Iowa, on March 29, 1986. He was on his way to a friend's home, but never arrived. The last time he was seen, Marc was wearing a light blue t-shirt, blue jean shorts, white socks, and gray tennis shoes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

4. Mr. E

Mr. E New Member

I read somewhere that Sam Soda lived on the same street as Marc Allen. Sam Soda figures prominently in Johnny Gosch's disappearance. I haven't been able to confirm that Soda really did live near Marc, but if it's true, I wonder if police have checked it out?

5. helenjean

helenjean New Member

Just curious, where did you find that information?

6. Mr. E

Mr. E New Member

It was probably Franklin Files; it's really the only other place I go that talks about Johnny Gosch. I honestly don't remember though, and I wish I did. I think it was Noreen who said it (probably on Franklin Files), but I don't remember.

7. forthelost

forthelost I hear the angels call my name, and I am Winterbor

Marc's disappearance could easily be connected to the other two (he even has similar coloring to Gosch) but for some reason he's never gotten any attention.

8. marie-chantal

marie-chantal Language analyst

Who is Sam Soda?

I was just reading through this thread and when I read the comment above mine, it just broke my heart. Why hasn't this case gotten any attention? Surely this family are looking for their child? I've read through the Johnny Gosch thread (and was just sickened by some of the theories out there about what happened to him-truly horrifying if those theories are true). I hope that Marc's family are able to find their child or at least find some answers.

9. Mr. E

Mr. E New Member

Sorry I'm so late answering this.

Sam Soda was a private investigator at the time of Johnny's disappearance (or at least he said he was); I think most recently he's been some sort of businessman. He worked with Noreen, but she found out later that Paul Bonacci identified Sam Soda as the man who took photos of Johnny and brought them to a hotel room; in essence he was one of the "sellers," if that is in fact what happened to Johnny.

10. Crimson clover

Crimson clover New Member

I became aware of your name this evening, Marc Allen. I pray for you and your family tonight. May God bless you all.

11. mikkismom

mikkismom Active Member

12. Ambercat

Ambercat New Member

13. scriptgirl

scriptgirl Active Member

I believe the cases of Marc, Johnny Gosch and Eugene Martin are all connected. Those poor boys.

14. MagnoliaMountain

MagnoliaMountain Red Rose

He really is the forgotten one out of the missing Des Moines paperboys. Thinking of Marc and his loved ones.

15. mistagee

mistagee New Member

Johnny Gosch and Eugene Wade disappeared from the same area and both were paperboys. I believe they were used in sexual slavery if you read the crazy stuff Noreen Gosch and Paul Bonacci have said. I think Johnny visited his mom in 2000 or something like that. Marc Allen is also probably related. From what they said, politicians were serviced by these young kids and it was a pedophile ring. Sounds almost too bizarre to believe.

16. shergal

shergal New Member

I just read Marc's info on the Charley Project. Does anyone know what city in MN Marc's dad lived in back in 1986? Was the father ever followed up on to see if he had taken Marc?

17. scriptgirl

scriptgirl Active Member

I don't believe Noreen Gosch for a minute. I have always wonder if this case is connected to Jacob Wetterling.

18. KateB

KateB New Member

NamUs: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5790/
    Dental Status: Dental information / charting is available and entered
    DNA Status: Sample is currently not available
    Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available

Marc went missing 29 years ago.

19. scriptgirl

scriptgirl Active Member

Does he still have family living or looking for him?

20. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Active Member

Bumping

Iowa Cold Case File

I was under the impression that Marc was a paperboy and that's why his case was linked with Eugene Martin and Johnny Gosch. His disappearance may still be linked with theirs but he wasn't a paperboy so it wouldn't be on that aspect.

21. TroyinTX

TroyinTX New Member

I think the paperboy thing really doesn't equate to any type of motive except the fact that it gave reason for Johnny and Eugene to be out and alone early on the morning. I know the Des Moines area pretty well and just think that these three boys, similar in age and appearance, were probably taken by the same individual(s). My guess is the person left the Des Moines area shortly after abducting Mark.