Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The facts are so inconsistent it's hard to get a handle on what happened. Regardless, the police calling off the search leads me to believe they have a pretty good idea what happened to her.
Did they call off the search or was is suspended because of dark/night? That wasn’t clear in the article I saw. If they completely called it off then I agree it sounds like they have a good idea of what happened. Most of the info coming out has that feel that the LE knows a lot more than is being shared.

Has anyone seen any mention of the condition of the dogs she was petsitting? How much food and water they had remaining might help figure out how long Mollie might have been gone.

Also, was the Snapchat Mollie sent at 10 pm to her bf a Snapchat of herself or of someone or something else? If it was not a Snapchat of herself, then someone else could have used her phone to send it.

this case is very worrisome....scary

Another female jogger gone missing. I am hoping for a positive outcome but it's not looking too good. The conflicting reports and information is definitely frustrating.

University of Iowa student reported missing after going for jog, officials say
University of Iowa student reported missing after going for jog, officials say
This article says boyfriend was with her dog sitting.

Hundreds join search for missing jogger Mollie Tibbetts in Iowa
A snapchat message is referenced in this article.

URGENT: College student Mollie Tibbetts vanishes without a trace, family and friends begin desperate search
URGENT: College student Mollie Tibbetts vanishes without a trace, family and friends begin desperate search
More information here regarding what she was wearing.

Family members told WOI-TV that the University of Iowa student was dog-sitting with her boyfriend at a house before she went for a run. Tibetts boyfriend, Dalton Jack, told ABC News she went for a run around 10 pm.

I’m not finding any articles stating people saw Mollie running outside.

Is snapchat like a selfie? Or a text?
Snapchats are short videos that you can either send to one person or to all your followers. You can take a video of yourself or of someone or something else. It is my understanding that the videos disappear after a few minutes but that anyone who saves it can still have it.

that's my understanding...for what it's worth

Family members told WOI-TV that the University of Iowa student was dog-sitting with her boyfriend at a house before she went for a run. Tibetts boyfriend, Dalton Jack, told ABC News she went for a run around 10 pm.
I’m not finding any articles stating people saw Mollie running outside.

From what I've read, all of the information seems to be coming from the boyfriend. He says she went jogging at 10:00 p.m. He further makes comments about her cellphone and a fitbit.

"It can be slow and frustrating, but it is our best hope of securing Mollie’s location," wrote Emily Heaston on the page.

"Law enforcement will also be repeating the neighborhood canvas near Mollie’s home, jogging, and work routes. The entire community was taking part in the ground search over the last two days, so many neighbors were not at their homes at the time of the first neighborhood canvas," wrote Heaston, Tibbetts' cousin.

The important part of ceasing the ground search is that those residents are home and available to speak with law enforcement."

New clues sought as search continues for UI student in Poweshiek County

Looks like this might be part of their explanation for why the request for volunteers for a ground search had been called off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member