GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, found deceased, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #51

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

1. ChiCubs2016

ChiCubs2016 Well-Known Member

MOO IMHO These two are cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. MOO
    Not trying to sound disrespectful to Defense Attorneys. I am just in disbelief at some of the things these two are saying. It really is laughable to me. Again MOO

2. FrostedGlass

FrostedGlass Well-Known Member

Bahena Rivera sentencing delayed, motion connects Xavior Harrelson case

"Lowe was at the federal courthouse in Cedar Rapids Wednesday afternoon on an unrelated federal firearm charge. During the hearing, prosecutors brought up the fact his name had come up in relation to Tibbetts’ and Harrelson’s cases. The judge worried he would flee the area in-part because of the new allegations. Lowe is now being held in custody for the federal charge."

3. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Raw Interview: Cristhian Bahena Rivera's defense discusses new evidence they want the court to hear [July 15, 2021 - wqad News8].

4. BUF

BUF Well-Known Member

LOL … that actual sounds like good advice for them.

Seriously though, she actually said that the young boy was abducted because Rivera was found guilty and the real killer wanted the notoriety (paraphrasing). SMH

My take on it is they want a do-over because they lost… even to the point of putting another investigation in jeopardy.

moo

5. FrostedGlass

FrostedGlass Well-Known Member

Here's what he said about the woman who claimed being in the trap house:

They picked her up along the highway and the DCI questioned her. They cast it to the side, sent all the information down to the state ICAC (Internet Crimes Against Children) investigation unit, which we still don't know what happened with that. Is Mollie on that video, is she anywhere on that computer they seized?

6. ChiCubs2016

When Mr. Frese said it was no coincidence that XH went missing at the end of CBR’s trial and then Mrs. Frese said what you noted above I was 100% flabbergasted and thought if I was friends or family of these two I would have called them after seeing the interview and told them they sounded ridiculous. When Mr. Frese said it was up to the State to find CBR guilty I shouted, “They did”. Or when the reporter at the end mentioned the new witness stated seeing MT wrapped in plastic and CBR never mentioned that in his testimony, Mr. Frese said, “he didn’t say she wasn’t”. SMH! Can you get a concussion from shaking your head too much? MOO IMHO

7. ChiCubs2016

I just went back and caught the part with the fly @StarryStarryNight
    Best landing by a fly ever! Right on cue!

I am so irritated that so far no reporter has asked them if they provided security for CBRs child and family. One reported brought CBR stating he feared for them, and I was so hopeful but they did not ask!!!

PommyMommy, BOSCOE, Niner and 4 others like this.
  8. Al Hoffman

Al Hoffman For Ashley Andrews and Murray

It is what it was. God Bless MT...

9. Al Hoffman

Al Hoffman For Ashley Andrews and Murray

No, there are just too many corn fields in Iowa. They all look the same. I rode a Motorcycle through the intimidating, towering green mass. Think of hiding a $20 bill in a library, inside a book. NOW, GO FIND IT. So was the chance to find MT'S body... Good Luck!

10. PrairieWind

PrairieWind Verified Attorney

I grew up in corn territory. Its crazy how the corn fields go on and on, each looks the same. And you only have to step in a few feet and you feel completely lost.

11. ChiCubs2016

There are lots of cornfields in my area and I have been tempted to go in and walk around with my phone video on. But I am too afraid of getting lost.

12. agilbe

agilbe Well-Known Member

I don't live in corn country and they look scary to me. Like a GIANT maze/maize.

PommyMommy, katydid23, BOSCOE and 3 others like this.
  13. distracted

distracted Well-Known Member

I really tried to give the defense the benefit of the doubt but now I see they're no better than ambulance chasers.

The prosecution offered this so-called new evidence to the defense and offered to halt the trial and the defense declined. They told the prosecution that it didn't fit with their witness testimony.

Did they decline so they could accuse the prosecution of withholding the information and use it to obtain a new trial if he was convicted? It sure seems to me like they've manufactured another tale out of whole cloth.

Prosecutor calls request for new trial by Mollie Tibbetts killer a 'fishing expedition'

14. BeckyF

BeckyF Well-Known Member

Ok. Color me confused. CBR was due to be sentenced last week. Instead the sentencing hearing was delayed. So now on 7/27 there is a hearing for a new trial. What happened to the sentencing hearing? Is this motion for new trial related to the ‘new evidence’?

MajorHoople, agilbe and ChiCubs2016 like this.
  15. PrairieWind

PrairieWind Verified Attorney

The court will just put off sentencing for now until the Motion for New Trial is resolved. Then, if the motion is denied (and I think it will be) the Court will reset sentencing. There isn't really any rush on sentencing, but a motion for new trial has to be resolved within 30 days.

16. BeckyF

BeckyF Well-Known Member

Understood. Thanks so much!

17. TLobo

TLobo Well-Known Member

Last summer, my husband accidentally turned on his phone video camera when he walked into our corn field to check how big the ears were getting, and the camera lens happened to be just outside of his shirt pocket. The ensuing video of him him pushing through green leaves and stalks is really cool and also claustrophobic, especially in slow motion! I'll work on trying to upload it here for a visual of just how dense it is in there.

(also please don't just walk into someone's cornfield, I can't imagine too many landowners who would be okay with that happening)

18. agilbe

agilbe Well-Known Member

Confused right along with you.

BeckyF and ChiCubs2016 like this.
  19. ChiCubs2016

I would be wonderful if you could upload the video!!
    I agree and promise not to!! :)

misgrn, agilbe and katydid23 like this.
  20. Emi

Emi CSKA Sofia fan!!! Huge Golden State Warriors fan!

Court TV @CourtTV Jul 19
    A judge denied a motion by the defense of #CristhianBahenaRivera that aimed to release info about trafficking investigations. Two childhood friends of Bahena Rivera were implicated by the defense team last week, but both have denied involvement in the killing of #MollieTibbetts.