GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, found deceased, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #51

Really good analysis and I mean that genuinely. We should always continue to ask questions and press the narrative no matter the case or the circumstances…..the BUT and you all knew it was coming is what’s the positive out of someone outing this especially from a jail house confession. It doesn’t benefit anyone. Said individual who confessed it….given the narrative(assuming it’s all true) would not only be behind bars presumably for a good chunk of time….but also be putting himself at risk if he were to be freed…even worse circumstances if stuck behind bars. Make no mistake the sex trafficking warlords or whatever you want to call them will extinguish a rat by any means necessary including incarcerated ones. I don’t see the motivation or viability of any of this. Even if you were willing to jump the shark and believe any of this…..it’s hard to
Fathom a random prisoner would come forward post conviction to tell said “truth” at the risk of his own neck. Following the narrative they clearly don’t give a blank about human life….i.e sex trafficking. Why the sudden need for truth and conscience now? It doesn’t add up in the slightest. Those that engage in sex trafficking usually sleep well at night without a worry in the world. They certainly don’t speak up as it will be some of the last words they ever utter. None of the mathematics of this adds up. Let alone statistically sex traffickers are more likely to pick on the homeless/runaways….the collegiate white(not trying to get on race debate) just in general garner them a lot of unneeded attention. They like most black market industries like to work under the radar. Mollie Tibbets is anything but under the radar. None of this current “story” adds up.
I'm certainly not defending anyone involved here, but if we pretend for a moment that the sex trafficking story is potentially real, if CBR had a hand in that trade, he surely would not want that information known as it could lead to other charges. And, he'll claim those people threatened to traffick his daughter, so he better keep quiet about the whole thing, thus he claims to have driven straight to the cornfield. It's no different than leaving out the part about raping her. Jmo.

Keeping an open mind in thinking where the defense could go with this, IMO, there are pieces of evidence that could be disputed to fit into this new story.

• At trial, it was testified to that LE does not know when or where Mollie was killed. There was no evidence presented, iirc, to confirm she did, in fact, die on the day of her abduction.
  • Her cell phone data shows the abduction only, but the search area mapped by cell phone tower triangulation did not include the cornfield, so it's possible the phone was discarded (or shut off) somewhere along the way. That leaves it open to where the car went from there. I've attached a map of the route between 385th Ave. and New Sharon, IA, where we know there was a sex-trafficking "trap house." This route is the same route the cell phone took.
  • Inmate 2 claims they were going to pin it on "a Hispanic man" and the one who "didn't speak English very well" said he knew a guy. This is presumably CBR, which puts her blood in his trunk. But again, we can't say for sure what day that occurred.
So the only evidence that is indisputable, IMO, is the video footage of the black Malibu circling and following Mollie. Now, could CBR have been telling the truth during testimony? Was he a lookout? Could he have abducted her and delivered her to the "trap house"? Could someone else have had access to his Malibu? Any of which was followed by him then being known the group and chosen to pin the murder on? None of the stories we've heard so far, either from CBR or these new people, have completely matched, but I would wager CBR will always claim his family was threatened and that's why he didn't tell on anyone, especially if he was voluntarily involved. JMO

But what about this part of the inmate's story:

That inmate allegedly said Tibbetts was kidnapped for sex trafficking and bound and gagged in a trap house but that he was directed to kill Tibbetts once the search for her got too close.

The man allegedly told the inmate that he was directed by the sex trafficker in charge to stab Tibbetts and dump her body near a Hispanic male to make it look like the Hispanic male committed the crime.

The reporting inmate said he did not share the confession until he heard Bahena Rivera testify that two other men killed Tibbetts.

Records show another person came forward to law enforcement, stating the same person admitted to them that they had killed Tibbetts.

So how does that fit in with any of the evidence we saw for ourselves?

We saw her on the streets, jogging. She was not bound and gagged in a trap house. She was not 'dumped' near a Hispanic man.

She was hunted down, stalked, while jogging. So the facts don't fit the story told by these inmates.

I'm certainly not defending anyone involved here, but if we pretend for a moment that the sex trafficking story is potentially real, if CBR had a hand in that trade, he surely would not want that information known as it could lead to other charges. And, he'll claim those people threatened to traffick his daughter, so he better keep quiet about the whole thing, thus he claims to have driven straight to the cornfield. It's no different than leaving out the part about raping her. Jmo.

But their story cannot be true because Mollie was never bound and gagged in their trap house. We saw Mollie on video for much of her jog. There was no time gap between her being grabbed off the street and her being driven to the cornfield and dumped.

It was not possible, factually, for those inmates to be telling the truth. They claimed they had her in the trap house, then when the search started, they looked for a Hispanic to use as a scapegoat.

But we KNOW it didn't happen that way because the Hispanic man grabbed her off the street. She was not in a trap house.

Well, the one big thing that Bahena has going for him, is the story he told on the stand---saying that 2 masked men forced him to drive them to town, where they grabbed a girl and put her in his trunk....:eek:

So shockingly enough, these 2 guys did get arrested for trafficking, I believe...and if they did kidnap little Xavier, then maybe I will believe Bahena's bizarre story.....o_Oo_Oo_O
I take back my above statement. After reading the inmates 'confession' more closely, I can see that are full of BS. It doers not fit with the facts.

Oh you are good I’m promise. I sincerely appreciate you giving another perspective and keeping us all(and hopefully LE as well) on their feet. Trust me I like the different take/ perspective. Just from the actual case at hand…..at this point the defense attorneys(Jennifer & Chad) might as well attribute Jodi Huisentruit (another Iowa case) to the same mythical ninja traffickers at this point. It honestly wouldn’t surprise me. As defense attorneys they’ve already gone past the far fetched territory…..might as well go for the Hail Mary and attribute Huisentruits abduction to the same amazing and “undefeated”
Sex trafficking ring. It’s all just too much imo. Sour taste in my mouth doesn’t even cut it.

My take from this new story is that Inmate 2 was not the one who supposedly abducted her. She was abducted as we all know from 385th, but then presumably taken to the trap house, where at an unspecified time later was seen by Inmate 2, who was then ordered to kill her next to the Hispanic man. The only thing we have to say she was driven directly to the cornfield after her abduction is CBR claiming that. It strikes me that everyone has said they don't believe a word CBR says, but now the "driving directly to the cornfield" part is true. My biggest qualm is the Malibu on video, and that's where I think CBR is involved in the abduction, either way.

I don't know if anything will come from this, and I tend to think it's all BS, but my mind just has to allow for these thoughts to guess what defense might possibly do with it. It bothers me a bit that Xavior went missing the same day CBR was found guilty...

Last edited:
But their story cannot be true because Mollie was never bound and gagged in their trap house. We saw Mollie on video for much of her jog. There was no time gap between her being grabbed off the street and her being driven to the cornfield and dumped.

It was not possible, factually, for those inmates to be telling the truth. They claimed they had her in the trap house, then when the search started, they looked for a Hispanic to use as a scapegoat.

But we KNOW it didn't happen that way because the Hispanic man grabbed her off the street. She was not in a trap house.
Yep, this is the problem with the new "witnesses." What they allege this Inmate #2 told them, simply isn't possible. Additionally, the judge may ask the defense counsel how they intend to present any such evidence. All we have so far is statements by two people about what someone else told them. So that would be hearsay and not admissible. So they would have to have the actual Inmate #2 testify at trial that he did see Mollie in this trap house and he killed her, not CBR. That is not likely to happen.

During the search for Mollie, there was a point-of-interest map that included locations we now know are significant (385th Ave, carwash with footage, southern point where cell speed suddenly excelled, etc.) So I'm curious about the significance of the gas station...

Mollie Tibbetts search: Investigators highlight five possible points of interest
Following V18 Road south, the map highlights TA Truck Stop as another point of interest. The truck stop sits at 4124 V18 Road, just off interstate 80 and about 2 miles south of downtown Brooklyn.

Judge delays sentencing after twists in Iowa woman’s killing
The Freses said they learned Tuesday about a criminal investigation that centered on a 50-year-old man who allegedly met one of his sex trafficking victims in May 2018 at a gas station in Brooklyn, Tibbetts’ hometown of 1,700 people that is roughly 50 miles (80 kilometers) west of Iowa City.

My take from this new story is that Inmate 2 was not the one who supposedly abducted her. She was abducted as we all know from 385th, but then presumably taken to the trap house, where at an unspecified time later was seen by Inmate 2, who was then ordered to kill her next to the Hispanic man. The only thing we have to say she was driven directly to the cornfield after her abduction is CBR claiming that. It strikes me that everyone has said they don't believe a word CBR says, but now the "driving directly to the cornfield" part is true. My biggest qualm is the Malibu on video, and that's where I think CBR is involved in the abduction, either way.

I don't know if anything will come from this, and I tend to think it's all BS, but my mind just has to allow for these thoughts to guess what defense might possibly do with it. It bothers me a bit that Xavior went missing the same day CBR was found guilty...
The cell phone date supports the idea she was abducted off the road and when and taken directly to the corn field. CBR's statement to police (and his trial testimony) pretty much supports this. For this new evidence to be true, you would have to completely discredit what CBR testified to in his trial. Now, the trial judge has been very careful throughout this case. So he might grant a new trial (I doubt it actually). But even at a retrial, CBR's chances are really likely worse than going into the first trial.

I take back my above statement. After reading the inmates 'confession' more closely, I can see that are full of BS. It doers not fit with the facts.
Exactly! Good detectives could sit down with them and interview them and ask questions only a killer would know and if they are hell bent on telling the truth now for some reason, they would be able to answer those details that haven't been publicized to prove their story. I feel this won't happen because it's not true.

Two people, independently of one another, just happened to tell this story almost simultaneously as he’s about to be sentenced?

“Oops, I forgot until just suddenly I remembered, at this critical moment…”
x2 ??

Judge delays sentencing after twists in Mollie Tibbett's killing

July 14, 2021

Defense lawyers Chad and Jennifer Frese requested a new trial last week, saying two witnesses recently came forward independently of one another to partially support Bahena Rivera's testimony. The witnesses told investigators that a 21-year-old man with a history of violence against women had claimed responsibility for killing Tibbetts.

One of the witnesses said the man told him while they were at a county jail that Tibbetts had been kidnapped and brought to a local “trap house” used for sex trafficking before she was killed, according to Bahena Rivera's lawyers.

The man told the witness that the house was owned by a 50-year-old who was running the trafficking ring and decided to have Tibbetts killed after the publicity surrounding her disappearance got too big. The man allegedly said he and an associate followed through with a plan devised by the 50-year-old to stab Tibbetts and frame a Hispanic man for the death.

[..]

The Freses said they learned Tuesday about a criminal investigation that centered on a 50-year-old man who allegedly met one of his sex trafficking victims in May 2018 at a gas station in Brooklyn, Tibbetts' hometown of 1,700 people that is roughly 50 miles west of Iowa City.

The woman told investigators that the man lured her to a house in the nearby town of New Sharon, where she was repeatedly drugged, raped, and held against her will until August 2018. The woman said she sometimes would hear other women's voices in the home.

Law enforcement officials used the information to obtain a warrant to search the home days after they interviewed her in March 2019, but it had already been vacated by the 50-year-old man. They did not charge him with any crimes, and Mahaska County's sheriff said recently the kidnapping and sex trafficking allegations were never substantiated.

[..]

The defense noted the 50-year-old man is the former live-in boyfriend of Xavior's mother and that the two maintained a friendly relationship. Investigators searching for Xavior began looking for the man almost immediately and arrested him on an unrelated outstanding warrant in another county the day after the boy was reported missing. He has not been charged with any crimes related to the disappearance.
_________

It also seems 50 yr old JL was already looked at regarding missing XH so I'm gladly going to put this to rest now.

When CBR gave his bizarre store in closing this immediately hit me: he (or someone else) took all the testimony from the trial (mainly that other DNA had been found in the trunk) and crafted a story that "fit" all the testimony. My gut also thought it wasn't CBR but someone else dreamed up this scenario and told him what to say. Who that would be I don't know. A family member? Someone on his defense team? (Although that would seem far fetched as wouldn't that be against the law?

Did they perform any DNA testing in this house to confirm if kidnapped people had been in the house? I assume that would be the easiest and quickest way to figure this out.
I think the problem is that this house was a trap house--used to sell drugs and so transients, sex workers, runaways and junkies hung out there to get high. So there would be lots of DNA, possibly, but hard to know if they were hostages or junkies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back