Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woe.be.gone

Woe.be.gone Well-Known Member

Maybe someone else used Mollie's computer.

2. El Mago

El Mago Well-Known Member

Idk about her sports bra/top and running shorts but apparently the earbuds also gone.

IMO, she can still pack her earbuds in her pocket going to work. It would have been a long day with the kids at the field trip, she probably would have had some down time to play on the phone, listen to music, videos, etc. I know I used to bring my earbuds nearly everywhere.

Furthermore, her not texting anybody in the morning isn't as crazy as it sounds (assuming she was up in the morning).

First off, it's super early, most people are asleep. Secondly, she had to get ready for work. In theory, she had time to shoot a text but not every millennial does at every minute of the day. It's possible she was going to text her brother/boyfriend/mom soon but was taken right before. JMO.

3. darring21

darring21 Well-Known Member

What he said is exactly true. Police don't lie to the public. They do lie to individual suspects.

4. zencompass

zencompass Hope springs eternal

Yes. I will search back through the threads to find one. They are really well done.

I'm sure someone may be able to locate one faster than I can but I am on it!

Subiechik21 and MassGuy like this.
  5. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

ALERT, ALERT: Mollie's Mom gave an interview (and many family photos) to Daily Mail. Many revealing details at link below. Again, this is directly from Laura Caldwell

[Dalton Jack] He says his last contact with his girlfriend of three years was a Snapchat message he opened at around 10pm.

Jack thinks it [snap photo] was taken indoors at his house but told DailyMail.com he couldn't be sure because the message expired ten seconds later.

The anguished mom of missing student Mollie Tibbetts has revealed perplexing new clues about her daughter's mysterious disappearance two weeks ago - telling DailyMail.com: 'I'm in purgatory.'

Her car, a wallet containing a driving license and debit card, and an unused passport, have all been located, according to Laura - who says it's 'inconceivable' her daughter skipped town without saying a word.

<modsnipped>

Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online

Late Edit to add credit to local writer:

By BEN ASHFORD IN BROOKLYN, IOWA FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
    PUBLISHED: 18:32 EDT, 3 August 2018 | UPDATED: 18:32 EDT, 3 August 2018

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2018
    TRB, HayLouise, Alcina and 21 others like this.
  6. Thanks for providing some positive perspective, PNWgirl! That helped. I do believe it was extremely well-intentioned. I honestly do. I just really don't think that was the time or the place to have that presentation...maybe it would have been more palatable if after the main presser, they could have given the parents & bf the opportunity to leave and then she could have given her spiel.

Subiechik21 and MassGuy like this.
  7. mnnative

mnnative Well-Known Member

Can somebody post the official statement from the investigators/PD stating who, if anybody, has been cleared of any suspicion of involvement?

Subiechik21 likes this.
  8. minor4th

minor4th Verified Attorney

Hi all! I haven't been around for a while, but this case caught my attention and I knew the 'Sleuthers would have all the info. Look forward to reading posts. :)

Bravo, Subiechik21, Momma2cam and 7 others like this.
  9. rollin2nyte

rollin2nyte New Member

Earbuds can also be located with "Find My iPhone". I'd be curious to know the delta between the last location of the ear buds and the last location of the phone.

10. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

<snipped quoted post>
    LE has absolutely ruled out the boyfriend. I am taking them at their word. I assume they were able to prove that he was where he said he was. It's your choice to decide otherwise, I guess, but in addition to that, he appears to love Mollie, IMHO, and would have no motive to do away with her.

11. PNWgirl10

PNWgirl10 Well-Known Member

That would be an awful nice perp to assist her with her homework!

12. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

This scenario solves just about all the problems I have with the case. Mollie does return home from her jog, uses the computer, and keeps her running clothes on because she is planning to walk to her mother’s house later on. She finishes what she is doing on the computer and then leaves the house for her mother’s place. It would be late, and thus dangerous, but it would kind of make everything make sense if what happened to her happened on this walk.

13. slowpoke

slowpoke Well-Known Member

Can’t be sure when she worked on homework after all, it seems:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    Woe.be.gone, TRB, Subiechik21 and 8 others like this.
  14. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

If she were using "find my phone" for the iPhone, they can find it in a heartbeat; even if it is turned off. If someone knew her account password....or LE would have to get a warrant to access.

Subiechik21 and zencompass like this.
  15. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

imo something happened that first night and she hasn't been with us since then. I think it occurred with someone known and trusted by her.
    And I also wonder if that person is sooooooo very very sorry! I'm thinking about a crime of passion, protecting someone else perhaps.

TRB, Subiechik21, pillywiggin and 6 others like this.
  16. darring21

darring21 Well-Known Member

You did and are exactly correct. However, LE is sometime ambiguous with statements to the public that are sometimes misleading. Like, "she was last seen wearing her running gear." Is that what they think she was still wearing because they know if the running gear was in the laundry at the house or is gone? Another is "we can't tell you why she is missing" - is that they don't know or they are choosing not to tell?
    So, they don't lie but you have to listen to their statements carefully.

DBLG, Subiechik21 and MassGuy like this.
  17. Ommmm

Ommmm Well-Known Member

That was a whoooole lot of info that the police have been quiet on, and that Mom spilled to the reporter. Maybe the family isn’t so sure that absolute silence is the way to go. I can say I am either.

When Lyric & Elizabeth went missing in Evansdale, I personally believe the local authorities did an excellent job of responding. When the FBI came on the scene everything went silent, citing the need to preserve investigation details. They continued to schedule press conferences, which sounded pretty similar to these, by the way. I believe it was two years later, iirc, when they decided to announce that they’d like

Subiechik21, jking, momrids6 and 3 others like this.
  18. WBG, I remember. Either that, or we share a dream life.

Woe.be.gone and Subiechik21 like this.
  19. Gunslinging Granny

Gunslinging Granny Well-Known Member

Her boss was interviewed and stated she started at 8:00 am.

20. otto

otto Verified Expert

If she did homework after her run, then she had to have arrived home after the run.

Maybe Mollie came back from her run and didn't change. Maybe she kept listening to music as she did her homework. She was a young fit healthy woman, so no reason to assumed that going for a run would leave her sweaty and smelly.

Maybe someone came to the house as she was doing homework, and maybe someone entered the house while she was running.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.