Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mica

Mica Well-Known Member

Both of Mollie’s brothers have the surname Tibbetts.

Subiechik21, Momma2cam and Pixie Dust like this.

2. DocBrew

DocBrew Well-Known Member

Okay now we are getting somewhere. If she sent the Snapchat to the boyfriend BEFORE she went for a run, AND her non-run items (Drivers license, wallet, etc) have been located at the home, AND the home is reported to have been typical/undisturbed, AND the dogs were locked in the basement, AND her running clothes haven't been located, then it is pretty safe to assume she went missing while on her NIGHTLY run.

And with the severe storms in play, this also brings in the possibility of an accident.

JMO.

4. Woe.be.gone

Woe.be.gone Well-Known Member

How soon do runners change out of their running clothes? Would one ever sit around wearing them after a run?
    It's been so hot that I'm sweaty after a fast-paced morning walk so practically tear my clothes off when I get home. But if not for being sweaty I might not.

Subiechik21 and libraryg like this.
  5. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

Completely understanding the financial circumstances put on the family, I believe Daily Mail paid Mollie's Mom for this interview and the photos. There are what I deem personal statements in this interview, and I am yielding this as credible news from DM (which is not often). The wording about Mollie's Mom being "estranged" from Mollie's Dad was telling to me. I believe Dad taking ques from LE, and Mom kept quiet as long as she believed it necessary (i.e., 2 weeks). My heart breaks for this woman, Mother.....

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    LeeAnnB, newmember, Alcina and 10 others like this.
  6. minazoe

minazoe Well-Known Member

would'nt you hear a car there late at night? would the neighbors notice a car? perhaps the rain could muffle the sound of a car.

she's not there, so she had to be moved or removed somehow..if things went down at the house..I think I am leaning towards the simpler scenario, of her putting away the dogs and heading over to get the car early in the morning with a fresh pair of contacts on and wearing the red shirt.

that she was abducted by a stranger while walking makes the most sense with the clues we have. IMO.

Subiechik21 and renarde like this.
  7. El Mago

El Mago Well-Known Member

Wow, so none of her running clothes, and armband have been retrieved? Still don't know what to make of the red t-shirt but the mom says she would walk home for dinner? That had to be it then.

Finish the run, finish up homework real quick, get work stuff ready to take with, send boyfriend quick Snapchat, and walk towards mom's house.

She could have brought a plastic bag to carry some things like the red t-shirt. It's possible she kept armband and earbuds on while walking.

Only thing I wonder is on the way to the mom's house, that's when the neighborhood starts to pick up; lots of houses nearby once she passes the electric company. Crazy to think nobody saw anything unless she didn't make it very far? So sad, my heart breaks.

8. Pixie Dust

Pixie Dust Well-Known Member

Right. So I wonder why the older brother isn’t also a Tibbetts? Or is he? I’m going by MSM photo captions. I could definitely be wrong. However, if the older brother IS RT’s son, wouldn’t HE be Dad’s Best Man?

Subiechik21 likes this.
  9. James Kilroy

James Kilroy Active Member

10. James Kilroy

James Kilroy Active Member

Reading that article, it sounds as though she never made it back from the jog .Not sure what to make of the snap pic at 10 pm now.

11. MntnHiker

MntnHiker Well-Known Member

OK I have a speculation/theory because I am trying to make all the pieces fit. If her running clothes, FitBit, phone, and earbuds have not been found, I couldn't figure a way she wasn't taken from her run (unless she was literally ambushed upon entering the home). But the issue is the "she did HW on her computer later that evening." We don't know the time on "later in the evening."

What if she starts a run at 730 and this is when the neighbor sees her run past. She remembers that crap, she has an online HW assignment due tonight. So she circles back home. I have read on here that speculation existed her run was only 15 min long according to FitBit? If that is true, it would make sense. She would get home and "stop" the run on her FitBit. Log in to do the HW while still in running garb.

She never completed her run though and maybe even figured she would jog over to Mom's for dinner and to get the car, so after completing her HW (she could have also sent the snap at this time), she again leaves her house to go for a run. Perhaps she never got a chance to restart the run on her FitBit. I think this theory covers both her running outfit and accessories being missing and doing HW on her computer. The red shirt would not make sense in this theory but we don't know that this red shirt found was hers or that hers is even in fact missing. This would also make sense with the dogs being in the basement and the home being undisturbed. JMO and one of like 56 theories I have thrown out.

Subiechik21, libraryg, Snarky and 7 others like this.
  12. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

I agree with everything except for the accident theory. If an accident occurred, they would have almost certainly recovered her by now. I also think the storms didn't occur that night.

13. dub

dub Well-Known Member

Gotcha, I hadn't seen that. So the latest she could have been at the house would be ~7:30am IF she had a ride? (If 15 miles on country back roads I'd assume 20-25min drive)

Subiechik21 and renarde like this.
  14. lotsoftacos94

lotsoftacos94 Member

Thanks for sharing. I'm at a loss here.

Few things that are odd about this case/questions I still have:
    - The first time I heard about this case, it was from an article from MSM that spoke about the BF and said that he knew she was missing because of the snap chat. That was strange.
    - Had she packed an overnight bag? I'm hung up on this red shirt. If she had planned to stay the night, she would have brought the shirt with her. If she hadn't, why not give it to her brother in the car? Why stay longer than a few hours? It wouldn't have taken too long to let the dogs out.
    - If she had planned on staying the night, why walk home in the morning? Her brother was still waiting on a text. I'd assume that even if she walked home to get the car, she would have let him know prior to heading home.
    - If she had not, who was supposed to get her?

Subiechik21 and dub like this.
  15. darmela

darmela Well-Known Member

I feel your pain Portabella!

Subiechik21 and Kapua like this.
  16. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

While I do not consider the Daily Mail a credible source of news, I am of the opinion that Mollie was abducted in the evening rather than the following morning, and I believe I read in a previous article that Mollie kept her iPhone in an armband pouch when she ran. So I hope that part is accurate.

17. toevlugsoord

toevlugsoord Well-Known Member

Older brother is a Tibbetts, all kids are Tibbetts.
    Someone posted misinformation that the brothers aren't Tibbetts but it's untrue, they are all from the same two parents.

18. Jabarn

Jabarn Well-Known Member

Replies are going so fast! I appreciate the link to the close proximity of Mollie’s mom’s home to the farm house where she was dog sitting and that her brother and her shared a car. He apparently texted her if she wanted a ride (I assume to work the next day?), but no response from Mollie. She may have continued to wear her workout clothes while doing homework on the computer after her run, but her mom seems convinced she never made it back to the farmhouse- am I getting it right? (it seems now the Snapchat photo to her boyfriend happened before she went running, from what I am reading here, but I thought he said that particular message came in later than she would typically take a run).

Subiechik21 and MassGuy like this.
  19. Stippling

Stippling Well-Known Member

Whether they paid for it or not, they got more info than anyone else has.

LaylaD, LeeAnnB, Subiechik21 and 4 others like this.
  20. minor4th

minor4th Verified Attorney

Edited to remove unwarranted speculation.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    Subiechik21 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.