Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChuckMaureen

ChuckMaureen Well-Known Member

It appears all posts from June 1 through to July 18 have been removed from or hidden on MT's FB page.

2. zencompass

zencompass Hope springs eternal

Otto mentioned details that could point to a different scenario.

I haven't been able to find his post about this.

The details that we are aware of are significant. But how do they all fit in?

margarita25, Amonet and WideOpen like this.
  3. mnnative

mnnative Well-Known Member

Yes, I just made this suggestion a few posts earlier and it is my #2 most likely scenario.

Not necessarily that she's IN a romantic relationship with somebody and cheating on her BF at the time she goes missing, but that she maybe had a fling during college or something of that nature and she jogged off to meet this person to talk so as not to be spotted by the neighbors. It makes a lot of sense and answers a lot of questions.

margarita25 and Gussified like this.
  4. ptandj

ptandj Well-Known Member

RSBM. One interesting thing about this theory is that she could have taken all the same gear she'd take running to walk to her moms (arm band with phone, earbuds), but maybe not her other stuff if she planned to get the car, go back and shower and maybe let the dogs out one more time, then head to work from the boyfriend's house.

5. feralwriter

feralwriter Pls. read THE GIFT OF FEAR. Trust your gut always.

A victim has to be willing only to accept ONE ride, not necessarily ride after ride as some sort of 'lifestyle' choice. I have, in emergencies, accepted rides on three separate occasions. The *last* vehicle I got in will be my last. I won't go into it, but never again, & I do not fit any high risk profile; just the opposite. I could have been Mollie in the rain in a small town. All it takes is once.

Traymar, libraryg, TRB and 15 others like this.
  6. Homeschool Mom

Homeschool Mom Well-Known Member

7. ChuckMaureen

From the Iowa Department of Public Safety Missing Person Information Clearinghouse:

Missing Persons

bbm

July 18?

HayLouise, DeadCat, Veracity and 4 others like this.
  8. crumbcleaner

crumbcleaner Well-Known Member

mspepper, human and taximama24 like this.
  9. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

Going over just who LE has probably looked into or interviewed. Mollie's family..dad, mom, brothers, cousins. Residents of the home she is staying in plus their brothers, sisters, family. Neighbors. Electric Workers next door. Workers at the bf's brothers const. company. Town friends. College friends. FB friends. People she worked with. Anybody else you can think of?

margarita25, Gussified, jking and 3 others like this.
  10. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

Praying that today is the day Molly is found, and we get a step closer to justice.
    I think someone is looking over their shoulder, and should be. They're coming....

11. ptandj

ptandj Well-Known Member

I wonder if this would be done to preserve comments/ reactions? Total speculation...

12. ptandj

ptandj Well-Known Member

I'm fairly certain we are not supposed to be searching out info on her friends until/ unless someone is named a POI or suspect. Just a heads up!

13. Or because a possible POI interacted with her and they don't want the public to discover his name and turn everyone's attention on to him and scare him into leaving or harming her (if he hasn't already).

14. Athena12

Athena12 Well-Known Member

I thought that one of Mollie's coworkers became concerned when she didn't show up and contacted Mollie's boyfriend, and he then contacted her family. I don't believe she was reported missing to the police until late that afternoon.

TRB, Gussified, Sunny123 and 5 others like this.
  15. crumbcleaner

crumbcleaner Well-Known Member

If I'm running on the road and not a sidewalk, I leave the earbud closest to the road out of my ear.
    I agree with you on it happening the one night no men were home..."if" she were being watched or if it was someone close to her, they would know this. Even if they confronted her while out, they would know that it might not be noticed right away as no one at home would be wondering where she was after a short run.

d4j, human, ptandj and 2 others like this.
  16. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

Maybe because that's the last time anybody heard from her or saw her.

HayLouise, d4j, human and 2 others like this.
  17. Charliegizmo49

Charliegizmo49 Former Member

I’m going to jump in and risk being beat up a bit.

No where is it law, good manners or policy requiring LE to share anything.

The single reason anything is being shared at the moment is to generate leads and tips in hopes they may developed into info that may help find her.

LE has well trained PR staff that leak or release info designed to pressure suspects and to further the investigation.

A PC is a very well rehearsed presentation. Nothing is shared by accident, and slip ups are rare.

I believe there may be one person fed to the public they have their eyes on. It is no accident that media has paid attention to him.

Many kidnappers with previous convictions morph into much more serious crimes. I don’t think it’s an accident/coincidence that the area is being diligently searched either.

But make no mistake LE is putting this investigation first, the public “desire to know” is far down their list.

I don’t believe the outcome is going to be a positive one due to the time gone by since she’s been missing. I hope I’m wrong.

18. ChuckMaureen

Absolutely.

HayLouise, margarita25, d4j and 4 others like this.
  19. Purplepixii

Purplepixii Well-Known Member

Don't suppose anyone got screenshots before they went *poof*?

20. ChuckMaureen

But the word "reported" leads the indicated date.

HayLouise, d4j and human like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.