Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #14

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

The Feds get involved whenever a local department needs their help and resources. That’s what happened here, the police asked.

2. Mr. Obvious

Mr. Obvious Well-Known Member

My pleasure - thank you and I'm always ready for another road trip!

Traymar, Jwal-NZ, slowpoke and 7 others like this.
  3. NewMama

NewMama Well-Known Member

Except for Cherish Perrywinkle. For her the white van existed. Her case still makes me very sad.

4. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

Thanks. WC just doesn't ring my hinky bell, although his mannerisms are certainly odd. I agree that the multiple conversations with LE seem more targeted to something he may have observed. Or maybe they simply can't check him off their list, but have nothing concrete either. Time will tell.

Confusion, Alethea, Rocco and 2 others like this.
  5. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

I think we are all getting tired and frustrated by the case and things can get tense when we are not our usual cordial selves. That’s why it is important to take time out when we need it as it can really affect your mental wellbeing and cause a person to be irritable to those around them both online and in our own lives.

“A 16-year-old girl has reunited with the mailman who helped her escape from a three-month sex trafficking ordeal, publicly thanking the postal worker.

Teen Crystal Allen met with mailman Ivan Cristotomo on Thursday in Sacramento, California, where she spoke to the press and described her ordeal of kidnapping, drugging and abuse.

'They made it impossible. They had guard dogs and people that would watch us all the time and not let us leave. I was tied to chairs,' Crystal told KCRA.

Crystal, who lives in Placerville, ran away from a group home and was turned over to a pimp in Sacramento by the 'friend' she left with, her mother said.”

Joyful moment 16-year-old girl thanks the mailman who rescued her from three months of sex slavery | Daily Mail Online

Is there any chance this is what could have happened to Mollie?

6. SharonNeedles

SharonNeedles Verified No Filter

You are absolutely right. You’re going to get torched for saying it, but you’re absolutely right.

Jwal-NZ, cluciano63 and ptandj like this.
  7. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

(You must be a dude hahahaha!)

8. ptandj

ptandj Well-Known Member

Do you think she’s still alive, just voluntarily missing? Just wondering :)

HayLouise, PommyMommy and margarita25 like this.
  9. SharonNeedles

Evidence that indicates no foul play? Assume there’s a crime until they can prove there wasn’t? No wonder I don’t understand...

10. Nancy1954

Nancy1954 greenmtngal

I live in Vermont and I have been happy to see Mollie's disappearance on the major news channels here for the past three days. Tonight they (ABC News) were talking about the items that they didn't find of hers..her white ear buds, her fit-bit or her phone..I thought it strange that it was also mentioned that her computer was found..I never thought that it had been missing? You should be able to find what I am talking about at ABC and NBC-Sunday night news.

HayLouise and travelbug like this.
  11. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

Great summary of the area, thank you! I think the unmarked SUVs you saw are feds. So make sure you obey the speed limit if you go back and see them again ;)

Jwal-NZ, Alcina, flute4peace and 7 others like this.
  12. liz b.

liz b. Well-Known Member

Interesting post. One thing I don't understand : the basement where the dogs were kept was a finished basement.Carpeted and furnished. Yet when M's BF got home,after she was known to be missing, he said that the dogs had been cared for, fed and watered etc ?

13. PaulR

PaulR Verified Software and Computer Tech

This is why I'm leaning towards the FBI thinking that there may be a SK involved. They seem to have a lot of presence when there are many other missing person cases out there.

Of course the FBI could be wrong, and that Mollie was taken by a random person, or a victim of a hit-and-run, or any number of other scenarios that WSers have mentioned.

PommyMommy, gregjrichards and NewMama like this.
  14. Confusion

Confusion Creative Spelling Expert

That's possible, but I was always far sighted (until I had my cataracts removed last month and got new lenses put in), and they got bad enough that I needed them for driving eventually. I also couldn't make out facial features of people I was talking to without them. What I do know is that when looking at someone with glasses, things (especially their eyes) look bigger through the lenses if they're far-sighted and smaller if they're near-sighted. Her eyes look bigger with her glasses on, and things you can see partially through the lens look bigger through the lens than the part outside the lens. If someone in her family said she is near-sighted, I'll take their word for it, but her case doesn't fit with what I've seen over the years. MOO

wary likes this.
  15. mnnative

mnnative Well-Known Member

I saw that. It doesn't really address my questions posted earlier at all. Based on that, a person could throw out any random "tip" like a dart at a board and, if it somehow turned out to be right and resulted in her safe return, they'd get the reward money.

Like playing the lottery without having to buy a ticket. Seems like there must be more to it or I'd imagine that tens of thousands of (unsavory) people would be phoning in guesses with hopes of hitting the jackpot.

PaulR likes this.
  16. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

Can you tell us about the search today at the "bog" in Guernsey? Flood plain, or just a low lying area? I live in drought stricken California, bog is not in my vocab : )
    Is the bog near anything?

Breathe and margarita25 like this.
  17. SharonNeedles

I absolutely do. And I don’t think she anticipated how big of a deal this would become. She’s scared to death now of the backlash and ramifications if she just comes home. And whoever provided her ride out of town is terrified too.

Jace1124, PaulR and ptandj like this.
  18. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Speaking of the dogs, I’ve seen many times on Forensic Files where a victim’s dog’s (or cat’s) hair is found in a perp’s vehicle, etc, providing an evidentiary link for Law Enforcement.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    flute4peace, HayLouise, otto and 4 others like this.
  19. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I just read the article and it does say she reported it when she was questioned, which was probably one of the early interviews as she lives so close. I don't think she is lying, just that Fox is trying to make it seem like they have a new clue when in fact it was probably told to investigators in the first few days.

Sconnie, poohgranma, ptandj and 6 others like this.
  20. mnnative

mnnative Well-Known Member

But this level of Federal assistance seems excessive for a single missing persons case. I've seen many others that didn't garner a fraction of this level of Federal assistance. The question is why?

Jwal-NZ, Suglo, PommyMommy and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.