Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure this is even relevant to this conversation?

It was a response to a statement that 80% of people in Brooklyn Iowa own guns. Which is highly unlikely. Since no place in the US has gun ownership that high.

I do believe in polygraphs. I had to take one years ago and the only person who was told they did not pass confessed to stealing the money. A lot of us took it.

WC has stated he doesn't know Mollie or her family, that he never even goes into Brooklyn. That right there strikes me as odd.....that he never goes into Brooklyn. I don't know why, but it got my hinky meter antenna up.
That is kind of strange, since isn't Brooklyn the closest town/place for him when leaving his property to go shopping, etc.? If he 'never leaves the farm', he must have family or friends that come and go to do errands for him, see if he needs them to pick up anything , etc.

WC has stated he doesn't know Mollie or her family, that he never even goes into Brooklyn. That right there strikes me as odd.....that he never goes into Brooklyn. I don't know why, but it got my hinky meter antenna up.

Probably sends his wife.

If someone had been in the house LE would know. I do not think anyone was in the house and I'm with her mother.....Mollie didn't make it back from her jog. Now, it could be that someone who had a different idea of their relationship came across her jogging and she accepted a ride.
The dogs being in the basement imo tells us she wasn't home when she went missing.
If only we knew the time of that SC photo - perhaps she sent it during the run (except the boyfriend thought she was "inside").

So, she was working, house sitting, and going to summer school. She was pretty busy. She sounds fairly motivated. Summer college courses are usually very condensed and intense. I wonder when her finals were supposed to be and how heavy her load was. I'm just trying to get an idea of what her life was like before she went missing. Was she stressed out or loving life? Did she have time on her hands to mingle on the internet?
Not sure about time on her hands. She was staying a lot in a house with her BF. His brother and that brother's fiancée also lived in the house. The BF's brother and his fiancé were to be married on August 2nd in the Dominican Republic. Mollie was supposed to be the bride's maid of honor. So, a very busy, hectic time in Mollie's young life. jmo

Maybe (besides the red shirt, which we still don't know is Mollie's) local law enforcement suspected him in the burglary that was near the bf's home close to the time Mollie went missing.

ETA: Not burglary, as I don't see one on the Poweshiek Sheriff's daily call logs and was apparently mistaken.
The burglary was for the evening of the 16th. It was reported at 6:46 that evening.

I edited the whole quote to get to the essential idea we all must fact. Under pressure we may not know ourselves, but we may suddenly act in a way we did not plan.

The classic example of this is the guy who, in public forum, asked how could the assailant in California "Golden State Killer" case take control of an adult male when there was a gun in the house. The assailant identified the man who asked the question, went to his house, brought him under control, and then raped the victim's wife. The man who asked the question was fully confident he could defend against an intruder, until it happened.

Exactly. My son was a weapons expert in special warfare and civilian personal carry and he wrote a C&C training course in self-protection. And the first thing he told me when I considered owning a gun and carrying and I asked him what training I needed was, "The first thing you need to know is that no matter how trained or disciplined you are, the chances of you dying in a gun fight are high."

So these young women who are not even armed and then caught off guard by an aggressor (look at how aggressively Mickey Shunick's killer went after her and they were literally in a hand to hand fight) are tragically on their own in a circumstance we can't fully imagine, having to figure it out under fire with no handbook.

Because of no time line being released, we don't know what she was wearing exactly. Or do we? Did LE establish that she indeed was wearing her jogging clothes?

LE has repeatedly stated what she was wearing when seen in public - and it references jogging attire.

That is kind of strange, since isn't Brooklyn the closest town/place for him when leaving his property to go shopping, etc.? If he 'never leaves the farm', he must have family or friends that come and go to do errands for him, see if he needs them to pick up anything , etc.
It is strange, but I grew up in a rural area and know of a lot of older folks that never ventured further than 15 minutes away from their house. He may be using absolutes when he is saying he NEVER goes to Brooklyn, when he may mean he rarely goes.

He may be using the never word unthinkingly. People have patterns, and he may be someone who uses absolutes without really thinking that they are... absolute. By way of example, for many years I did that also, but only after being challenged on it did I consciously make it a point to be more careful in my speech. It was an unmindful use of words.
More probable in my opinion: he really never goes to Brooklyn. There’s really not any conceivable reason he would need or want to. I live nearly as close to Brooklyn as he does and I had been there exactly once in 15 years.

I do believe in polygraphs. I had to take one years ago and the only person who was told they did not pass confessed to stealing the money. A lot of us took it.

You can believe in them or not, but the science related to them is flawed. They are not fool proof and accurate. Sure, sometimes they work, but they are not a reliable indicator of guilt or innocence. Even a broken clock is right twice a day and all that.

Like Neil deGrasse Tyson says "The good thing about Science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."

I read something very different!

My take is a young man thought he had a chance of a relationship with Mollie and when told no, took her from the house and now doesn't know what to do. At least that is what I think RT is saying.

I doubt this scenario occurred but if it did I'd be raising my eyebrows.

To expand on that a little, he may think that person harmed her in some way (hit her, etc.). Young man was in fear of her calling 911, and him getting arrested, so he took her away. That may be RT's theory and he's certainly entitled to it. It's plausible. That wording may encourage him to come forward.

I know people think that willingness to take a polygraph can say something, but having read a lot about them I would never take one, innocent or not. So that would make me look guilty, when I'm not. I presume anyone with a lawyer is going to be told not to take one so I don't really think you can read anything into someone refusing anymore.
Years back I knew a polygraph examiner. He did it for a living! He told me to never take a polygraph test! If my kid were missing tho, I absolutely would......get me off the table and let's get down to business!

While I can agree with some of her observations, I also believe that many people are just simply anxious when being questioned by LE, suffer from generalized anxiety, or become anxious at the thought of a crime committed near your property. JMO

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!! I am medically diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder and on a recent trip to the Bahamas when I got back to the states and was exiting the ship, I was pulled aside and searched and questioned. I am a younger white female and although I stand out because I have multiple tattoos, I don't necessarily look "suspicious." I was TERRIFIED. I knew I did nothing wrong and had nothing on me that would get me in trouble but just the fact that they THOUGHT I did sent me into a frenzy. I couldn't stand still and I probably looked guilty as all hell! Does everyone truly believe WC has the mental capacity to pull something like this off with no trace of evidence left behind? I just find it highly unlikely. I would say I'm fairly intelligent and highly into true crime and I KNOW I couldn't pull it off. But I think he knows SOMETHING.

Yes....and his nephew is friends with her brother so chances are he knew of her.

Also interesting, is that LE has cleared the brothers, the BF, etc, but not WC. What do they KNOW that they can clear these individuals so concretely.

With potential relevance to WC because I think I saw a post a few threads ago that said his stalking charges were related to people that maybe had a restraining order?

Yes he did and he broke the RO and was charged for that also. However I know I`m a broken record on this but I think people need to realize pleading guilty to stalking is likely a much worse charge originally. Stalking isn`t less a serious offence because they know the person. It is even worse they stalk people they know...its the slippery slope to murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288