Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #16

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·

Except the number is less then half that. So it is far off.

Rhia likes this.

2. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

I just cannot understand for the life of me why WC gave any interviews to the media. It just baffles me. He put himself into the public's mind of being a suspect. Is he looking for notoriety? Does he think he's outsmarting the FBI? Was he just hoping to clear his name by saying he allowed the searches and questionings? Plus, who would just hand over their phone to LE? I'm kind of wondering about the things he said. Maybe he just wants the public to think he's cooperating to the fullest. LE hasn't told us this. ugh.

mrfrinkles, Cortne, Seattle1 and 2 others like this.
  3. LarryLujack

LarryLujack Well-Known Member

If the perpetrator knew of WC's past, which is likely, what better place to throw LE off the trail...

angelina1, Cortne, geevee and 3 others like this.
  4. jawndough

jawndough Active Member

I thought I read somewhere that the bf, his brother and brothers fiancé were allowed back in the house. Do you think that would be allowed shortly after she disappeared if there was a potential to find evidence in there?

5. SharonNeedles

SharonNeedles Well-Known Member

Lol! I’d take that wager if it could be verified.

Cortne and razzledazzle like this.
  6. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

7. Twistinginthewind

Twistinginthewind Well-Known Member

I agree. 'never say never' is an axiom for a reason. He probably meant "hardly ever", but thought "never" seemed more 'decisive' ;)

Alcina, Cortne and kkdj like this.
  8. Sunny123

Sunny123 Well-Known Member

I believe it has been reported that her ID, passport, laptop, glasses and contacts were left behind.

LaborDayRN likes this.
  9. Earnjul11

Earnjul11 Well-Known Member

I don't think he's very intelligent and I think he was really trying to put out there that he is innocent and cooperating but instead if backfired. JMO.

Sconnie, Rhia, momrids6 and 4 others like this.
  10. Jealoushe

Jealoushe Well-Known Member

If that is the angle LE is taking, I sure hope it pays off, as of right now, to me it looks like they are playing a very, very dangerous game.

momrids6 likes this.
  11. mrtnira

mrtnira Well-Known Member

Some people are not aware of how they come across, or they think they are more socially aware than they really are. Other people hope to influence the narrative. Some are simply naive. Not everyone is looking for 15 minutes of fame.

12. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Do we know 30-40 actual FBI agents are working this case? Or 30-40 people? Including techs, patrol, etc...

wary, Cortne and KaaBoom like this.
  13. shanadk

shanadk Well-Known Member

>>I think Dad's intel exceeds that of the rest of the family because of their close relationship and because of something that was said on that 3 hour call.>>
    @Wndrist I agree. Three hours is a long time to keep Dad on the phone. Was Mollie nervous/worried/concerned about something? Was her father concerned, and kept her on phone to ensure she's OK?

14. Wndrlst

Wndrlst Active Member

I've also thought a lot about this one. For a long time a part of me thought perhaps she met someone on the internet, a dating site, etc. and the trust she thought was there actually wasn't... but playing devil's advocate-- SOMEONE would have seen her on those because it goes off of how close you are to someone. I feel like any guy on Tinder or Bumble or anything would have at this point said "Hey, I saw her on a dating website." or whatever. Oddly enough, I actually MATCHED on Tinder 2 days ago with one of the gentleman in Brooklyn that has been discussed as a POI on several different social platforms. (Not sure if he's been mentioned in the threads on WS cause sometimes I can't read through everything :) )

LaylaD, keeleydoll, Cortne and 3 others like this.
  15. Charlie Lucas Virgil

Charlie Lucas Virgil Active Member

Not sure I'm buying the whole escalation of a situation by an acquaintance as something that just spiraled out of control. To me, a younger person Mollie's age wouldn't be calm enough to deal with that on-the-fly and hide it for so long. You'd need resources to keep a "last minute" abduction quiet for so long. If this was something that just "escalated", I think there would be some public results by now. I believe if she was taken it was pre-meditated.

keeleydoll, Sconnie, geevee and 3 others like this.
  16. mountainguy777

mountainguy777 Former Member

I don’t think he thought. Wow.....I sounded like him. Oooops

WideOpen, Cortne, Wndrlst and 2 others like this.
  17. Charlie Lucas Virgil

Charlie Lucas Virgil Active Member

One other thought in regards to the burglaries. Maybe a way to test LE response time?

travelbug and DancingMuse like this.
  18. bizzle2

bizzle2 Well-Known Member

The fact that the FBI/DCI are involved suggests that a crime has been committed. It's not illegal for an adult woman to leave and cut off contact with family/friends.

19. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

I doubt WC would know the sister of a nephew’s friend...even if this is verified info. I sure would not know the siblings or friends of a niece or nephew...jmo

TRB, keeleydoll, Sconnie and 2 others like this.
  20. Momma2cam

Momma2cam Well-Known Member

I'm in the mental health field and also have been diagnosed with anxiety. I react the same way when caught off guard even though I maintain professionalism and expertise during my everyday interactions. I am confident I'd fail a polygraph regardless of my innocence. I work closely with LE and the courts on child abuse cases and the main goal of polygraphs in those cases is to intimidate a suspect into a confession. Little to no confidence is placed in the results themselves. Most recently, a suspect passed a polygraph but later video evidence surfaced to show he was actually guilty. JMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.