Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to convey, that I do have knowledge, of how the investigative process works. While working in the LE field, I was invokved in a murder investigation. The end result was:
the victim's ex-boyfriend, was serving a lengthy prison term. When he learned that she began dating others, he hired a "hitman". That person came to my community, and killed the girl. It went unsolved for years.
I testified against the ex-boyfriend, at a jury trial. He was convicted and is serving a life prison sentence.
I have complete confidence, in the LE'S ongoing investigation. I realize how frustrating it is for everyone, INCLUDING ME. I want this resolved ASAP. It will be.

welcome magnumpi...in your professional opinion, at this point 3 weeks into her disappearance, would it be prudent for LE to release even a minute detail regarding a clue/evidence/timeline to the public? to spark a memory/tip/lead from the locals? they don't appear to be making any headway (and they very well may be, we just don't know it) and the reward hasn't unleashed a confession/admission so wouldn't a change in strategy be the right thing to do?

I've mulled this over within my mind. If it was a fling (I'm doubting). I could see it being very hard for her to bring it out in the open with her family or friends. So if she did go on her own even just for a little...I'm sure it would be hard to figure out just how to explain all of it to her friends.... family. Just speculation of course...which I dont want to get to far out with. She just seems very close with her family and her bfs family. Would be devastating to bring that out to them. Also I remember them saying that there was "quiet" talk of marriage...isn't that an engagement ring on her finger? If so..how's that "quiet" talk.

Good morning all!

I joined the WS group last Saturday and have noticed a recent drop off in posting activity, content, etc. - I'm hoping that's a normal course of things and not a lack of interest!?

I'm hoping that LE is forthcoming in Friday's scheduled PC - an infusion of positive energy would be welcomed!

But - even more hopeful that Mollie is found/gets home safe and sound!!!!!!! :)

I've mulled this over within my mind. If it was a fling (I'm doubting). I could see it being very hard for her to bring it out in the open with her family or friends. So if she did go on her own even just for a little...I'm sure it would be hard to figure out just how to explain all of it to her friends.... family. Just speculation of course...which I dont want to get to far out with. She just seems very close with her family and her bfs family. Would be devastating to bring that out to them. Also I remember them saying that there was "quiet" talk of marriage...isn't that an engagement ring on her finger? If so..how's that "quiet" talk.
It’s small. I think it might be more of a “promise” ring or could have belonged to an older relative like a grandmother.

Promise ring.... not engagement. Like "I promise to propose someday"

I still see it on my laptop. But I haven't cleared my history in awhile so maybe it lingers on my system. https://vsco.co/mollietibbetts/collection/1
I just viewed it on my iPad, so it’s still there, but the collection appears to be posts by other people, not Mollie.

Also, re: the earlier reference to her sticking out her tongue...I have teenagers, and for some reason, that seems to be something they all do...stick out their tongues in photos. I don’t get it, but it seems to be a thing these days.

Last edited:
Welcome to WS! It's great to have you on board. Hopefully you'll look at our other cases too and lend an expert opinion. You can also become a "verified insider" - how to do that is on this thread.
I will check into that program. I have become almost obsessed with this MT case. It is a highly unusual incident, with so many possibilities of what transpired

Given how fast this thread moves and constantly seeing this on national news, I don't see interest being lost.

Exactly. Unfortunately, with no new info being released at this time, we're kind of in a holding pattern. With nothing new to discuss, we just go around and around rehashing old info, trying to find something we missed. People still care, but a lot of what there is to say has been said for now.

Don't know if I can post this but lot of speculation going on about dark grey/blue car bearing false numberplates spotted in Marion, IA about 2 hours ago with girl looking like Mollie. Police alerted and seems acting on. Probably nothing.

Update: Investigated. Not her.

The police must have so many of these coming in, how do they prioritize?

The update that it was not her was in regards to another issue in the same area. No update on the possible siting this morning. The police scanner went silent from what I understand.

For people who live there. Were there girls and women that jogged alone often? Is that something you would see?

Is there some place where she jogged that would be very secluded? It seems like no matter where, the possibliry of another car coming would be great. But in Brooklyn are streets empty often?

What would people have been doing? Would they be outside because it was a nice evening or would they be sitting in the house? Are there a lot of kids playing outside?

Are there lots of people that are walking?

I have two theories and I’m new to the board.

#1 - I believe Mollie was abducted. She did not have her wallet and ID etc with her so if she was going to get a vehicle at any point she would have had that with her to go to work, especially in the morning. LE had pings from her cell and Fitbit data sync that put her on a route out of town headed towards WC and south. This is where the abductor and her may have had to make a quick stop to get her under control and she tried escaping. Maybe she tried getting out and he broke the cell and fit bit and this is about where the red shirt was found also. I think there might have been a struggle somewhere close to WC. I don’t think it was him anymore but more leaning towards the attempted break in at the hardware store which nobody seems to link. I’m not sure if anyone is from a small town of under 1,500 people, but I am. Break in’s just don’t occur. Robberies don’t occur. If they do, they find out who did it. So the fact someone was in town to attempt a hardware store breakin. Makes me think that was the black suv person as well. They saw mollie running and followed her and waited for the right time to take her. The hardware breakin which is usually done by a neighboring town person seems to give some possible credence to a person in town around the time of her abduction.

#2 A second theory is Mollie had a potential sugar daddy while attending U of I and he became possessive and wanted her to leave him. Many at the U of I have them. Dalton was out of town and she made plans to leave with him for a while and an argument happened and she never came home. The run was 15 min which tells me she was picked up along the route in theory by someone. The black suv thing could be his and she knew him so got in.

Also if cell stopped pinging headed south toward I-80. If so she could have been taken out of state pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee