Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. white rabbit

white rabbit Well-Known Member

welcome magnumpi...in your professional opinion, at this point 3 weeks into her disappearance, would it be prudent for LE to release even a minute detail regarding a clue/evidence/timeline to the public? to spark a memory/tip/lead from the locals? they don't appear to be making any headway (and they very well may be, we just don't know it) and the reward hasn't unleashed a confession/admission so wouldn't a change in strategy be the right thing to do?

2. Jethro4WS

Jethro4WS Well-Known Member

There isn't an available scanner for Poweshiek County for things like law enforcement or fire dispatch that I have found.

LaylaD, darmela, angelainwi and 6 others like this.
  3. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

I can view on iPhone.

gitana1 likes this.
  4. Trialrun18

Trialrun18 Active Member

I've mulled this over within my mind. If it was a fling (I'm doubting). I could see it being very hard for her to bring it out in the open with her family or friends. So if she did go on her own even just for a little...I'm sure it would be hard to figure out just how to explain all of it to her friends.... family. Just speculation of course...which I dont want to get to far out with. She just seems very close with her family and her bfs family. Would be devastating to bring that out to them. Also I remember them saying that there was "quiet" talk of marriage...isn't that an engagement ring on her finger? If so..how's that "quiet" talk.

1987 and Veracity like this.
  5. Mr. Obvious

Mr. Obvious Well-Known Member

Good morning all!

I joined the WS group last Saturday and have noticed a recent drop off in posting activity, content, etc. - I'm hoping that's a normal course of things and not a lack of interest!?

I'm hoping that LE is forthcoming in Friday's scheduled PC - an infusion of positive energy would be welcomed!

But - even more hopeful that Mollie is found/gets home safe and sound!!!!!!! :)

6. NewYork625

NewYork625 Well-Known Member

It’s small. I think it might be more of a “promise” ring or could have belonged to an older relative like a grandmother.

Sconnie, Veracity, Bravo and 5 others like this.
  7. lotsoftacos94

lotsoftacos94 Member

Promise ring.... not engagement. Like "I promise to propose someday"

8. Gussified

Gussified Well-Known Member

I just viewed it on my iPad, so it’s still there, but the collection appears to be posts by other people, not Mollie.

Also, re: the earlier reference to her sticking out her tongue...I have teenagers, and for some reason, that seems to be something they all do...stick out their tongues in photos. I don’t get it, but it seems to be a thing these days.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    Sconnie, gliving, gitana1 and 6 others like this.
  9. BUF

BUF Well-Known Member

Given how fast this thread moves and constantly seeing this on national news, I don't see interest being lost.

d4j, Veracity, Momma2cam and 9 others like this.
  10. MAGNUM PI1

MAGNUM PI1 Well-Known Member

I will check into that program. I have become almost obsessed with this MT case. It is a highly unusual incident, with so many possibilities of what transpired

11. SheriBerry

SheriBerry Well-Known Member

HayLouise, cass523, gitana1 and 4 others like this.
  12. Trialrun18

Trialrun18 Active Member

Ahh I see...I thought it might have been an engagement ring.

13. cheesyrider

cheesyrider Member

Who is the other party that owns the house? A previous bf or fiance

Auntie Cipation likes this.
  14. mommylicious

mommylicious Well-Known Member

Exactly. Unfortunately, with no new info being released at this time, we're kind of in a holding pattern. With nothing new to discuss, we just go around and around rehashing old info, trying to find something we missed. People still care, but a lot of what there is to say has been said for now.

15. 5CentsWorth

5CentsWorth The Proof is in the Pudding

I couldn't see it on my phone through the link so I downloaded the app and searched her name on the app and was able to view it.

gitana1 and mommylicious like this.
  16. dizzie11

dizzie11 Active Member

The update that it was not her was in regards to another issue in the same area. No update on the possible siting this morning. The police scanner went silent from what I understand.

17. shanadk

shanadk Well-Known Member

18. human

human Well-Known Member

For people who live there. Were there girls and women that jogged alone often? Is that something you would see?

Is there some place where she jogged that would be very secluded? It seems like no matter where, the possibliry of another car coming would be great. But in Brooklyn are streets empty often?

What would people have been doing? Would they be outside because it was a nice evening or would they be sitting in the house? Are there a lot of kids playing outside?

Are there lots of people that are walking?

TRB, Veracity and Nancy1954 like this.
  19. baseballpuig

baseballpuig Well-Known Member

Also if cell stopped pinging headed south toward I-80. If so she could have been taken out of state pretty quickly.

Nancy1954 likes this.
  20. mocity

mocity Verified Insider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.