Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's interesting - I posted earlier the link where LE already served warrants and were getting data back on FitBit, Facebook, SnapChat and Instagram - IIRC. If they have new subpoenas then there are other websites they want to look at.
I think he was suggesting that these companies go beyond the scope of the information that can typically be obtained by subpoena.

Just a tidbit from Mollie's father's interview with Shep Smith on Fox News earlier. He asked social media companies to set aside privacy concerns to aid in further developing Mollie's social media footprint. Yes, subpoenas can be served, but it's a lot easier if these companies do it on their own, and perhaps go a bit further than simply providing data on Mollie alone.

As much as I understand him, the companies will never go against their protocols. They have existing procedures in place and the companies follow the law in that regard.

They will never bend or break their own protocols. Its way too important for their business and its clearly defined for them on how they go about releasing information to LE.

Lots of sweet people have depression, and too many commit suicide...it does not make them “bad” people that we should have expected to leave, disappear, commit suicide etc...vs. nice ones who would not. Jmo
You can't tell me anything about depression, not only do I have it, it runs in my family. I did not say anything about Mollie being "bad", nor did I mention her committing suicide. I was simply making an observation about my thoughts on her disappearing voluntarily, from what I gleaned from our glimpse into her life through social media.

Or....
Maybe Mollie left for a new life, with someone she met at college. Voluntarily.
If so, I hope her family gets some news, soon.
There are so many families who never get an answer. Amy Bradley. Maura Murray. Brian Shaffer. Brandon Swanson....etc.

the FBI presence may, in fact, be due to any number of crimes they are investigating in the area.

Although I'm one of the few that leans towards the thought that she may be alive after dad's statements, I still have lingering questions, as some of what he is quoted as saying doesn't make sense. Humor me, and let's say we're putting stock into his interviews. Can we logically answer the following?
  • Should we assume that the person who is with Mollie would also be missing? "I think they're in a place with Mollie and don't know how to get themselves out of this horrible situation...." So if said person is acquainted with Mollie, and is also missing, wouldn't that be super easy to nail down by now?
  • If she went willingly, and this person isn't missing, are we to assume she is safely stowed away somewhere while he/she goes about their life and they come back to Mollie at the end of the day?
  • If she didn't go willingly, dad has implied that this is a person who she trusted/cares about/they care about her...so again, through process of elimination, wouldn't this be figured out? I find it hard to believe she got really close to someone who literally know one else in her inner circle knows about...

The kidnapper does not necessarily have to be missing. He could have her locked up/tied up somewhere, and still he goes about his business, trying to look like it is normal routine.

We have seen that in other cases. Rare, but it does happen.

As much as I understand him, the companies will never go against their protocols. They have existing procedures in place and the companies follow the law in that regard.

They will never bend or break their own protocols. Its way too important for their business and its clearly defined for them on how they go about releasing information to LE.
I absolutely agree. It can be a slippery slope, not to mention a detriment to their bottom line.

I think the WS veterans have it right once again...I really wanted to believe Dad's statements, take them for face value. I tend to go for the "underdog" story (the one much less likely to happen!). Now with all of Dad's backtracking I'm with the majority of you.....I don't think this is going to end well. And I'm sad.

That's interesting - I posted earlier the link where LE already served warrants and were getting data back on FitBit, Facebook, SnapChat and Instagram - IIRC. If they have new subpoenas then there are other websites they want to look at.
He was speaking in general. Not just about his daughter’s case. He said his words were twisted some previously when he has spoken about it. But not that they have not been forthcoming.

Does anyone know what, other than hope and desperation, makes dad think that she voluntarily left with someone she knows? Is there a secret BF? GF?
I'm thinking he doesn't think that at all, but just wants to provide whomever may have her, with an opportunity to release her. If perp can say, "she came with me willingly" and feels some might believe him, maybe even get Mollie to convince him, she will say that, it may give him the impression that he could let her go, and not do hard time? It's a long shot, but worth trying anything at this point, I suppose...

The more time passes, the more I do think this could be the work of a random predator. Very unfortunate situation, and I hope she is still alive. Statistically we know these cases do not usually end well, but of course we have had miracles before. As many have stated throughout these threads, if LE continues to remain tight-lipped, the public interest will naturally wane, and while the public does not have the RIGHT to know anything about a likely-sensitive investigation here, historically tips from the public have solved these cases. The longer Mollie is missing seemingly "without a trace," the more the stranger theory holds water. If a POI was a family member, friend or an acquaintance of hers, they would likely have been named by now, as I am sure her social media accounts have been heavily analyzed. I just do not believe that someone within her circle in any capacity could have kept this up for this long. It sounds like her father is implying that he thinks she could have been taken by a guy she knew who perhaps was in love / obsessed with her; while that may be the case, to me it seems like it would have to be someone she really did not know. I just feel that something would have leaked out from that person.

Coming from my own life experiences, people usually tell their close friends at the very least about someone who is interested in them, whether they return the affection or not. Especially if the person is a friend of theirs. My point is I feel like if this more innocuous scenario was the case, I feel like this individual would have been named quite quickly, especially with Mollie being a seemingly social person from a small town, while simultaneously attending a fairly large university where she likely had an extensive social network as well.

I'm thinking he doesn't think that at all, but just wants to provide whomever may have her, with an opportunity to release her. If perp can say, "she came with me willingly" and feels some might believe him, maybe even get Mollie to convince him, she will say that. It's a long shot, but worth trying anything at this point, I suppose...
Exactly. If there’s any hope at all you take a shot, which is what I think he’s doing.

Heck maybe they are getting some good information from folks like us about different websites. Could be.

IMO I feel like the deferent opinions from the parents, of what may have happened, is proof enough that her father is just being hopeful. Surely any inside info,clues or thoughts would be shared between both parents and imo they would conclude together what the possible scenario is.

Obviously, it makes sense to cover the more likely scenarios, but I would like to suggest some less likely ones, possibilities that I am not sure I would ultimately support but I am throwing out there anyway.

1. The guy that was watching female joggers and turned himself in, could he have been a scout of some kind? So even though he wasn’t directly involved maybe he was given some sort incentive to provide photos or details of joggers to some other source (e.g., another online creep of some kind, or even a network of creeps). A source perhaps even anonymous to him ... and if that were the case, it wouldn’t be too difficult for him to keep quiet and say he didn’t know anything. It would be true.

2. I beat the drum on this issue in an earlier thread, but what's the deal with the reported burglary that was recorded in the July 17th police log (it was called in on the 16th) just up the road on W Des Moines? If that burglary is still unresolved, it would mean that there are some possible implications. The house in question is another big white house, just like Mollie’s BF’s house ... and it is also on a corner. Was this an abduction where others were given second hand info to nab her (e.g “ She’s in the big white house on W Des Moines”) and they simply went to the wrong house that night? Or was a person in town looking specifically for her, asked for her location and got it wrong (and ended up ultimately getting her outside of her house or jogging at a later time)?

"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
—Sherlock Holmes​

Hi everyone. Quite a sad dilemma isn;t it. This may have been brought up, I must admit to skipping pages. What if she was taken by a long haul trucker? How would they be able to discover that? Isn't there what I call "gypsy" truckers, who either work on their own, or have an empty truck, and look for things that need to be hauled where they are headed. Does anyone keep track of this? I used to work for a citrus company and they were always looking for guys with empty trucks, because during the season, it was sometimes tough to find truckers, and also if they got an unusual order, they sometimes used a "gypsy" trucker. Could that have happened, and there is no record of this guy? I'm not really sure how that works. I pray to God that they find this young lady soon. I hope they have some excellent leads to what may have happened and where she may be. It can't be that this person could outsmart all of the law enforcement, including the FBI, and all of the "outside sleuths" helping and looking. I pray she is alive and hope she can somehow get away. Thanks, Katt

Does anyone know what, other than hope and desperation, makes dad think that she voluntarily left with someone she knows? Is there a secret BF? GF?

JMO
I am afraid its just hopeful thinking. He said himself earlier this.

""It's totally speculation," Rob Tibbetts told ABC News, "but I do believe that Mollie is with someone who she knows, probably someone who cares about her."

Missing woman's father believes she was kidnapped by someone she knows

With that said though he does know her best and knows more about her than any of us. So I do take his comments seriously and his theory is as good if not better than any of them.

LE typically does not tell family much more than they tell the public because they know it would spread through the family grapevine quickly. So I dont think the reason he thinks this is coming from LE. It may be some of his own speculation based on him knowing her.

Video shows Mollie Tibbetts sharing personal story about prayer in 2016

I had no idea what to do," Tibbetts said. "I was so scared, so for the first time in my life, I've prayed before, but I've never gotten down on my knees and just prayed to God, so I did.

"I got down, and I prayed, and I asked God to give me the strength to make it through it, to tell me what to do, to help me out with whatever happened and to know what his plan was."

Video shows Mollie Tibbetts sharing personal story about prayer in 2016

I got emotional reading this thinking about Mollie being afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd