Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m starting to believe more and more that Mollie was taken by a serial killer/abductor and LE has reason to believe she is being held alive.

Although they are far I really wonder about the black SUV and the attempted abductions in Missouri.

I wonder if LE knows she was taken but has no idea how to find him, and whether WC and the pressers are intended to keep him relaxed so he doesn’t hurt Mollie in a panic.

I also wonder about an online stalker Mollie never knew about.

JMO based on hunches and nothing more.

Praying for Mollie’s return.

Did we ever get concrete info on whether Mollie used the Snap Map feature in Snapchat? It's an online stalker's paradise.

I’m starting to believe more and more that Mollie was taken by a serial killer/abductor and LE has reason to believe she is being held alive.

Although they are far I really wonder about the black SUV and the attempted abductions in Missouri.

I wonder if LE knows she was taken but has no idea how to find him, and whether WC and the pressers are intended to keep him relaxed so he doesn’t hurt Mollie in a panic.

I also wonder about an online stalker Mollie never knew about.

JMO based on hunches and nothing more.

Praying for Mollie’s return.
I don't know. I felt that way too for awhile until I read the LE statement that the are fairly sure the public isn't in danger. Makes me think that they have some idea that she was targeted. Of course I guess it could have been a stalker unknown to her. There are so many possibilities. I am leaning toward someone known to her.

Good morning, I have been a long-time visitor due to personal missing person interest, as a classmate of mine has been missing since 1996. I have been watching the Mollie Tibbetts investigation daily. I am saddened that even though the investigation had been handled well from the minute anyone knew she was missing, she has not been found/returned. I hope whoever is responsible for her being gone just gives this family some peace.

A question that has been bugging me for a couple days is this one single report, and if it's been discussed, I apologize. 17 threads are difficult to read through!

There was a warrant served to search the property she was staying at, which is her boyfriend and his brother's home. Why did they need that? Wouldn't the boyfriend just let them in without one? They searched the pig farmer's house and the article says they asked to search it without a warrant, that seems like an odd difference in approach regarding the two properties. Thanks in advance if anyone can clear that up.

Welcome! Do you have a link regarding the search warrant? I don't recall reading that. It is wise for LE to get a search warrant even if someone may voluntarily allow a search just to minimize challenges with any evidence found being admissable in court. Searching the home she was staying in would be very reasonable, IMO, as she may have disappeared from there or there may be evidence of when she was last there to corroborate a timeline. Moo.

Good morning, I have been a long-time visitor due to personal missing person interest, as a classmate of mine has been missing since 1996. I have been watching the Mollie Tibbetts investigation daily. I am saddened that even though the investigation had been handled well from the minute anyone knew she was missing, she has not been found/returned. I hope whoever is responsible for her being gone just gives this family some peace.

A question that has been bugging me for a couple days is this one single report, and if it's been discussed, I apologize. 17 threads are difficult to read through!

There was a warrant served to search the property she was staying at, which is her boyfriend and his brother's home. Why did they need that? Wouldn't the boyfriend just let them in without one? They searched the pig farmer's house and the article says they asked to search it without a warrant, that seems like an odd difference in approach regarding the two properties. Thanks in advance if anyone can clear that up.
It would be standard protocol. Frankly, it also prevents any evidence they might find being declared inadmissible. They would also want to get into the residence as quickly as possible and a warrant would prevent a delay.

I don't recall a warrant being issued for the residence. I could have just missed it, though.

And welcome to Websleuths!

The current world population is 7.6 BILLION people. Why we are here reading this thread hour after hour and day after day? This story like many others pulls at our hearts and captivates us. I cant imagine if this was one of our family - I too have a 20 year daughter and would be crazy by now with worry - Mollies family seem to be holding it together so well from afar. My prayers are with you all.

Did we ever get concrete info on whether Mollie used the Snap Map feature in Snapchat? It's an online stalker's paradise.
No info on chat features she used. But I totally agree that the mapping function is really bad news for most people. Don't know why snap thought it was a good feature to add at all. First thing I disabled on kids setup.

Serial killers aren't known for keeping victims alive for very long. Their thrill is in killing and planning the next kill. While there have been a few instances of someone being abducted and held because of an infatuated loser, those cases wouldn't necessarily be classified as serial killers, even if it did end in the victim's death.

As for sex rings, that so far has not been a theory that has ever been true in the scores of missing U.S. women cases that have been resolved here on WS. For me personally it's a "jump the shark" point in a case.

I've been giving a lot of thought to a possibility that hasn't been mentioned. What if a female is infatuated with MT?

Interesting theory about attachment and needy people. I see that a female could be possible but it also seems that its possible this could have been a male as well that was confiding in MT and somehow thought the relationship was different than it was. I can see either male or female but we haven't talked about possibility of female on here so I'm glad you brought it up for us to think about.

My mind keeps bouncing between a weird chance encounter with a stranger and someone like a friend of a friend. Just having a timeline would be really helpful. Right now I’m stuck on the last Snapchat photo and what time it was actually sent.

Well, if the mother thought she was DEFINITELY coming for dinner, why when it got past what is their usual eating time - 7.30? 8.? 8.30? - did she not call or text her daughter to say hey, what time will you be here, we're waiting to eat? I don't get that.

I said the exact same thing in my first post yesterday. Even if my mother wasn't certain if I was coming, at some point in the evening/night, she would call or text just to verify.

im circling back to this article - it settled weird when i first read it but there was so much other information with her case that it didnt outweigh all considerations.

but coming back to it - two things:

1. this article specifically says POLICE are asking residents to be on the lookout in southern Utah specifically & because of family connections. someone please correct me if im wrong but for the police to put their name behind that statement, it seems like there might be something substantial there. i realize the police often make public announcements to be on the lookout, share missing persons info but Utah does seem really random, until you weigh in the familial connection.

2. if she was taken by a random serial killer/abductor, why would they take her all the way across state lines to be near more family? if this wasnt such a serious topic, its sort of funny to think about. maybe between some evidence and some info from mollies parents, there was/is reason to think this was a valid possibility and LE has had a suspect since the beginning that is somehow tied to Utah. and for whatever reasons, have not released more info.

EDIT: not implying/sleuthing mollie's UT family in her disappearance. what i mean is if mollie spent time there, maybe she made a friend/keeps in touch w them via texting or caught the wrong persons attn etc.
Police in southern Utah ask residents to be on lookout for missing Iowa woman

Last edited:
im circling back to this article - it settled weird when i first read it but there was so much other information with her case that it didnt outweigh all considerations.

but coming back to it - two things:

1. this article specifically says POLICE are asking residents to be on the lookout in southern Utah specifically & because of family connections. someone please correct me if im wrong but for the police to put their name behind that statement, it seems like there might be something substantial there. i realize the police often make public announcements to be on the lookout, share missing persons info but Utah does seem really random, until you weigh in the familial connection.

2. if she was taken by a random serial killer/abductor, why would they take her all the way across state lines to be near more family? if this wasnt such a serious topic, its sort of funny to think about. maybe between some evidence and some info from mollies parents, there was/is reason to think this was a valid possibility and LE has had a suspect since the beginning that is somehow tied to Utah. and for whatever reasons, have not released more info.

Police in southern Utah ask residents to be on lookout for missing Iowa woman

This was odd. I could only think that her family knew of something going on. "Let's say MT is missing, where could she flee if she felt pressure or anxiety. Well there is Aunt So and So ..."

Has MT gone to Southern Utah before? Without telling anyone? How would she get there?

Welcome! Do you have a link regarding the search warrant? I don't recall reading that. It is wise for LE to get a search warrant even if someone may voluntarily allow a search just to minimize challenges with any evidence found being admissable in court. Searching the home she was staying in would be very reasonable, IMO, as she may have disappeared from there or there may be evidence of when she was last there to corroborate a timeline. Moo.

The article was from a newspaper, it can be read here:
Boyfriend of missing Iowa woman vows to 'never stop' searching

The quote is "On Monday, FBI officials received a search warrant to get inside the home where Tibbetts was staying for the summer with her boyfriend, his brother and his brother's fiancé."

Then the article about the pig farm is here: Mollie Tibbetts search team scours land near Iowa pig farm

and the quote says "A pig farmer said FBI investigators arrived at his home last Friday and asked to search it without a warrant."

Just seems like an odd difference? Wouldn't the boyfriend just want them to get in the house asap? Sorry, it's just been bugging me and if there is a reason for the difference in approach maybe someone can explain that.

Coworkers of Mollie Tibbetts surprised by disappearance

Video story yesterday or day before. Features her supervisor at work and a co-worker. Photo of MT and co-worker asleep on bus with red shirts on.

Tell me what you think of photo at about 47 seconds in. Kinda odd for an 'engaged' person...or maybe it's nothing.
It’s amazing what one still photo will conjure up in the mind. My first thought was aha! And my second was maybe she was exhausted and leaning on a friend. Without context it’s super hard to draw even an assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth