Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnipped VSCO account not allowed>

3 questions:
Has anyone read if the door to the boyfriend’s house was locked or unlocked whenever the first person entered after realizing she was missing? Who was the first person to go inside?
Also, are her keys missing?

BBM
I've been thinking for awhile the snapchat pic was taken from an unknown location.

Whenever I receive a pic from someone, I always look at the background and surroundings before I even look at them. I know what they look like, but I’m curious where they are taking the pic. The bf should know where the pic was taken.

I keep thinking of that story from a few years ago where a woman went missing and then they found her deceased in her own home after she somehow got wedged behind a bookcase or something.....anyone remember this?

I realize there'd be an odor by now, but is there any chance she got into some kind of accident on the property somewhere???

I don't know how far the property extends, but from the google maps image it looks pretty flat and treeless. I'd imagine they did a very thorough search of the house and property before letting it go for 3 weeks.

Ok this is something I've been thinking about but refrained from posting because the thought of it is so awful but the whole "Pig Farm" issue and why they may have searched several times. I live in Kansas City and a while back a child went missing and it was later determined with no physical evidence as I can recall that the mother … this is so awful to write - she fed the child to the pigs which apparently will eat anything. Here is link to the story. Moderators, if this is too gross feel free to take it down, but it makes some things make sense to me. Hope to God it isn’t true, but people can be truly evil. Boy, 7, was tortured to death and fed to pigs. State agencies failed him, says lawsuit.

Whenever I receive a pic from someone, I always look at the background and surroundings before I even look at them. I know what they look like, but I’m curious where they are taking the pic. The bf should know where the pic was taken.

Could be a real close up and if it's focused on her face the background could be blurry or very dark.

<modsnipped>

3 questions:
Has anyone read if the door to the boyfriend’s house was locked or unlocked whenever the first person entered after realizing she was missing? Who was the first person to go inside?

We haven't been told ( IIRC) whether the house was locked or unlocked. Someone , BF, I think, said the doors were often left unlocked
I don't know who first entered the house

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a thought and I could be way off. Didn’t LE ask Mom about “945 in a house” early in the investigation? Her BF said he opened the snap around/at 10. 945 and thereabouts is pretty close to ten.

Could they have asked her mom this before getting SM and tech data back and what they had to go on was BF seeing a snap around ten? So they assumed she sent it at that same time and asked if she was in a house at that time? Just curious. Obviously she very well may have sent it earlier but early in the investigation maybe they didn’t have much to go on.

Unfortunately, the boyfriend has said he doesn't remember much about the snap... where it was or even the caption she wrote. It's too bad, but the problem is if you get dozens of these things every day, you really wouldn't pay much attention to the details. My hunch is that the walls of the home don't match the walls in the background of the snap.

<modsnipped VSCO account not allowed>

3 questions:

Ooh the keys are an interesting one. Absence of keys makes it less likely she was taken from the house. But I suppose if they all just leave doors unlocked she could have left the keys while going for a run.

Snaps disappear pretty fast. You don't have a lot of time to examine it and I'm not sure he would have since he was tired and went right to sleep. And once the snap is gone, you can't get it back.

Man fears he was last person to see missing college student

This has been my theory for quite some time because I read his tip on the Sheriff's FB page on the 22nd. He said she was on 2nd running towards Casey's. If you look at the street view of 2nd the block between Broadway and Clay is very desolate.

Now I realize he has her wearing Capri's and he originally said 8:30-9:30pm so I do wonder if he got the night wrong. BUT to me this at least gives us what her normal route is. To me Mills is another place she could have been abducted. The second map is the route (s) that would lead to hwy 21 and the pig farm.
Why have their been no sightings of her heading back to the house? The DC interview has her passing his house on West, the other 3 sightings have her going East on West and East Pershing, and now DR shows her heading back toward Casey's.

Attachments

• paintastic20180803_231813.png
    paintastic20180803_231813.png
    315.3 KB · Views: 99
  • paintastic20180806_052306.png
    paintastic20180806_052306.png
    338.4 KB · Views: 83
He said it was a dark pic and he couldn't tell, or something to that effect. I don't remember his exact words. He said he looked at it and then fell asleep.

Ok this is something I've been thinking about but refrained from posting because the thought of it is so awful but the whole "Pig Farm" issue and why they may have searched several times. I live in Kansas City and a while back a child went missing and it was later determined with no physical evidence as I can recall that the mother … this is so awful to write - she fed the child to the pigs which apparently will eat anything. Here is link to the story. Moderators, if this is too gross feel free to take it down, but it makes some things make sense to me. Hope to God it isn’t true, but people can be truly evil. Boy, 7, was tortured to death and fed to pigs. State agencies failed him, says lawsuit.

Welcome carlossombrero... cute screen name... That possibility has been discussed in prior threads... thanks for joining the discussion.

Why would he put his daughters in the bathroom? That already doesn't make sense. First of all, Police search all rooms when they search a house, so they are going to go into the bathroom.

Second of all, why would you put your kids in there in the first place? That makes no sense...the police are to be trusted, and you are teaching the kids to be afraid of them? (Not saying LE should be blindly trusted but come on).

That is really really odd.

Because he didn’t want them to hear what LE were talking about (a missing young woman) and as he said he was scared himself.

Ooh the keys are an interesting one. Absence of keys makes it less likely she was taken from the house. But I suppose if they all just leave doors unlocked she could have left the keys while going for a run.
Or, like me, she may have a house key on a lanyard that she used when she ran.
Now I really do need to get off here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members