Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
One other thing to keep in mind:
There are instances, in which a person claims to have witnessed the incident.

Because they are craving media's/LE
attention; to feel important.

In one case I was involved in,
There's a press conference tomorrow, for what it's worth.[/QUOTE

I think it will provide an overview of their investigation, over the last few days. Dont expect any details/specifics until an arrest has been made. I am more optimistic than most, about a resolution to this case, being achieved. Obviously, this is a complex investigation with the passage of time.

<modsnipped>
I think she is telling you/us to research it as it is not allowed on WS.
We are not to sleuth people who are not POIs. and post it on this board
We can't post rumor, we can't destroy people

Last edited by a moderator:
I placed pins on the locations where Mollie was allegedly seen while on her jog as well as her starting point (JD's home) and destination (Mom's home for dinner). Not sure of the accuracy of the witness sightings or if I have all of them, but if they're all true, then Mollie would have been all over town on her jog and may have gone past Casey's.

Possible Eye Witness Sightings of MT - Google My Maps

Though no one knows what happened to Mollie, I keep thinking of the Jacob Wetterling case. The perp in that case saw Jacob, his brother and friend and went ahead of them on their route, hid and stepped out with a gun. He saw them as they went to the store to grab a video. It was a crime of opportunity and I feel like this is what happened with Mollie. Going near the gas station would increase the likelihood someone from out of the area would have spotted her imho.

Of course, all of this is speculation.

This is the best map I've seen so far. Good work - I'm glad someone finally did this I've been doing it in my mind but hadn't actually created a map.

-What source is the 'towards the funeral home' coming from? - I keep failing to find where that is coming from.
-Also what are your thoughts on LE telling DC that MT ran by her house even though he didn't see her? "she jogged past his home that evening and made it home from the run safely" is what supposedly LE told him. He's on West but it is unclear whether she jogged by his home on the way out (which would make sense with the W Pershing sighting) or the way home (which wouldn't necessarily make sense).

Interesting news today regarding the polygraph exam of WC. LE said on Tuesday that they would provide updates regarding the investigative response at Friday's PC. The biggest thing I want to know is why LE is searching a farm southeast of town when MT was last seen jogging in town. We know there's a specific reason. What is it?
Isn’t it obvious? It’s not like they think she jogged there or took a field trip. Must think someone took her there or dumped or last place of ping

Rumor from social media, with no MSM link, encouraging sleuthing of a non-POI and baiting are what got the thread shut down. Warning points and time outs have been issued.

Several reminders and admin notes have been posted throughout the threads. We are adults... the reminders and notes should be all that is needed to serve as posting guidelines. The new Xenforo software gives moderators the ability to exclude individual members from a thread. Just saying... If Mollie is found or big news is reported I am sure all want to participate in the discussion.

Thread is open again.

Last edited:
It is uphill if you are going westbound on E 2nd Street.

Theoretically Mollie could have ran in a loop. Down Pershing to Mills, Mills to 2nd, 2nd to Orchard toward home. She would pass several businesses; some auto parts and auto sales, car wash, Casey's, veterinary services, before the residential area begins again.

Very interested to see everyone’s thoughts on the presser being rescheduled. I’m hoping they’re onto something big and don’t want to give anything away.

Have there been other cases where this has happened back to back? What ended up being the reason?

Theoretically Mollie could have ran in a loop. Down Pershing to Mills, Mills to 2nd, 2nd to Orchard toward home. She would pass several businesses; some auto parts and auto sales, car wash, Casey's, veterinary services, before the residential area begins again.
What time did the witness say they sad her Des Moines? Do you happen to know? It’s throwing me off when trying to figure out her route.

1. I,would think that fitbit would show Mollie’s heart rate. If it was removed, the heart rate would stop. So I deduce she had it on until the signal stopped by the hog farm.

<modsnipped>

3. The biggest predictor of mass shootings is domestic violence. To say WC is some harmless bumbler bothers me. He has tormented several women. Made their lives hell. I am not saying he has anything to do with Mollie, but I am concerned about the artitude that WC is some harmless old fool.

Agreed. I think the reason some people are dismissing him because they're insulted that people have commented on his appearance and thinking people are suspecting him due to his working class status.

But others are gun shy because of similar cases where suspects seemed very viable and were later cleared after a ton of LE involvement. Like Abby and Libby's case.

I believe LE said they searched the property because of a tip.
They did not elaborate beyond that

Earlier reports stated:

"When her Fitbit pinged at a hog farm about 10 miles southeast of the house in Brooklyn, IA, where she was last seen, police searched the area but found nothing, Mortvedt said."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ya...now-disappearance-iowa-college-145600335.html

Not sure if that was accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member