Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soap mama

soap mama Well-Known Member

Chiming in, i find Bf lack of details about the snap to be honest, it was most likely a head shot that was inside somewhere, but he’s being honest that there was nothing he noticed about it being inside “their” house.

She didn’t go missing while jogging Bc mom and Bf heard from her later that evening, esp mom since we don’t know when she sent the snap but I’m betting it was after jogging if it was to say goodnight.

2. soap mama

soap mama Well-Known Member

Oh and her phone was probably in her back pocket, and her Fitbit was always on her arm, if she was indeed getting ready for work on Thursday AM

3. jkloc420

jkloc420 On Time Out

Im assuming she made it back

Subiechik21, gitana1 and andalso like this.
  4. jkloc420

jkloc420 On Time Out

The reason I mention the phone is it makes me think she went with somebody willingly or that she felt secure enough to let that person into the house.

5. bluevioletfour

bluevioletfour Member

If she had not been in the house since she went for a run, I would think there would be evidence the dogs had not been out for some time.

6. NewMama

NewMama Well-Known Member

If I had to guess I'd say LE has requested they not release certain details because they are zeroing in on someone.

abams, Traymar, Subiechik21 and 12 others like this.
  7. Irishboy

Irishboy Well-Known Member

OK but the family suggests otherwise.
    IIRC there was an early report that they had searched nearby mobile home park.
    For some reason this is starting to remind me of the Sierra Lamar case.

8. SkipperKey3

SkipperKey3 Well-Known Member

True, but OTOH if she had been in the house after she went for a run, there should have been evidence of that as well. I doubt she would have sat around in her sweaty clothes after a run.

That's what's so confusing.

Subiechik21, MelMuss and HayLouise like this.
  9. Gunslinging Granny

Gunslinging Granny Well-Known Member

That would be the rule for educated and non-stoned people.
    People on drugs make dumb decisions.
    People who don't follow crime shows or crime forums don't understand how they can be tracked with phone pings.

Subiechik21 and cass523 like this.
  10. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

Subiechik21, Alcina, 24Roses and 12 others like this.
  11. jkloc420

jkloc420 On Time Out

the family also said they had contact with her at 7 pm and a snap chat went to her boyfriend. They are saying they dont know because they dont know if she sent them.

12. SkipperKey3

SkipperKey3 Well-Known Member

But I highly doubt she would have gone running without either her glasses or her contacts either.

Subiechik21, beth272, MelMuss and 4 others like this.
  13. Jealoushe

Jealoushe Well-Known Member

I feel they are watching and waiting. Planning on using evidence on their suspect to locate the body. Thats why no amber alert or search continues.

It was posted back a few pages, the interview with the brothers. The one sad he was sad, and also felt "disappointed". Which also makes me think they know the suspect.

So very common!

Obviously they have a solid suspect and are not letting on this is so. Sometimes they even play people against each other, like play her family against the bf, and his family to see if anyone will talk.

Exactly. Unless she was grabbed while jogging, it has to be someone known to her.

Lets not forget there is no warning from the police about a dangerous offender being loose. If they believed she was nabbed by a stranger - they would be putting the alert out massively.

abams, Amonet, Subiechik21 and 5 others like this.
  14. Ilovemy3boys

Ilovemy3boys Well-Known Member

I sometimes think that she was lured outside the house. That’s why they found her id and most likely she had her Fitbit and phone on her.

15. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

16. alana2uta

alana2uta Member

I went and looked, it was the Sherry Arnold case. High school teacher from Montana if anyone remembers that one.

17. Jillybean78

Jillybean78 Active Member

Were dogs ever brought in during the first searches?

18. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

If LE has a good idea that foul play is involved, they will stop public searches. It's not hard to contaminate evidence. LE doesn't need to spend resources rescuing searchers that get lost or hurt. They also don't need the liability. Searching for a missing person is like looking for a needle in a haystack. After a certain amount of searching, it's more productive to use evidence to lead them to a more specific search area. Was the public search organized? Did they use a gps program and submit their results, so that no area is missed? Are they trained to know what to look for? Do they know to look up. I've seen well intentioned searchers bring their kids along. Not a good idea! There is a lot more to searching than meets the eye. Oh and the perp joins the search and says he searched where the body is so no one else goes there. Or he even goes back and moves the body. Or tamper with the evidence.

Traymar, Amonet, Subiechik21 and 17 others like this.
  19. Ilovemy3boys

Ilovemy3boys Well-Known Member

One commenter stated there was a sex offender on the corner of Pershing and a neighbor said he’s not positive it’s her he saw jogging. He also stated he’s pretty sure she passed by jogging around 8:30-9:30 because that’s when he sits on the porch. He also said there were 3 sex offenders in the area as he checks the registry because he has young daughters

20. Geri52

Geri52 Member

Not really. The house is at the very end of a residential area with nearby neighbors.

21. Gunslinging Granny

Gunslinging Granny Well-Known Member

Welcome, Geri52! I hope you're a native of Poweshiek County.

Subiechik21, cass523 and Ilovemy3boys like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.