Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE has a good idea that foul play is involved, they will stop public searches. It's not hard to contaminate evidence. LE doesn't need to spend resources rescuing searchers that get lost or hurt. They also don't need the liability. Searching for a missing person is like looking for a needle in a haystack. After a certain amount of searching, it's more productive to use evidence to lead them to a more specific search area. Was the public search organized? Did they use a gps program and submit their results, so that no area is missed? Are they trained to know what to look for? Do they know to look up. I've seen well intentioned searchers bring their kids along. Not a good idea! There is a lot more to searching than meets the eye. Oh and the perp joins the search and says he searched where the body is so no one else goes there. Or he even goes back and moves the body. Or tamper with the evidence.

ty, that is what I thought, but wasn't 100% sure :)

I think I read somewhere that some kids got lost in the corn while searching for Mollie and that interfered for a bit.

Looking up reminds me of Leanne Bearden RIP

Has it been said what type of dogs Mollie was watching? I wonder if something happened when she let the dogs out after her run? I don't recall reading any specifics about the dogs. Big barkers, laid back ole hound dogs, tiny little ankle biters? Were they found inside or outside?

Reading the article posted above with the neighbor seeing the girl running at 830-930.. maybe she went running later than normal this evening. Was last Wed hotter than others? Then the messaging with mom was before her run and possibly sending the boyfriend that snap before she left to run, but he opened it later at 10? I am an avid runner and I would run later if it was a day hotter than usual. 830 is still daylight so maybe she felt safe runner then too?

So here’s a thought... if LE were to check the router log and see when her devices last connected they could established whether she stayed in the house that night. I’m thinking maybe she didn’t. Brooklyn is a painfully small town and young people going out tend to go out of town a lot. It makes sense that she might have planned to spend the night elsewhere and probably return in the morning before work. I’d assume she has more than one pair of contacts, she could have contacts in without contradicting anything we know. Also makes sense that she’d bring the red shirt to put on next morning.

Why is the family allowing the public to remain uncertain about who was supposed to drive Mollie to work?

Because protecting the integrity of the investigation is crucial while satiating the curiosity of the public doesn't have one thing to do with finding their child?

I just don't understand how people feel entitled to information.

Has it been said what type of dogs Mollie was watching? I wonder if something happened when she let the dogs out after her run? I don't recall reading any specifics about the dogs. Big barkers, laid back ole hound dogs, tiny little ankle biters? Were they found inside or outside?
I believe the general consensus was that they were both labs. I'm not sure if that has been confirmed.

My 18 year old insists that "ok" as a stand alone reply is rude. In their language, it's more of an "uh huh" that begs for more info. IE: when I reply "ok" to my daughter saying she is going to the grocery store, she would then reply "that's it, I am just going to the grocery store". Apparently ok with a smiley face is acceptable.

I want to know why Mom would tell her what's for dinner if Mollie wasn't expected home. Or was she?

I think it was an option. She was finding out what was on the menu in order to decide if she wanted to go or not.

T
Reading the article posted above with the neighbor seeing the girl running at 830-930.. maybe she went running later than normal this evening. Was last Wed hotter than others? Then the messaging with mom was before her run and possibly sending the boyfriend that snap before she left to run, but he opened it later at 10? I am an avid runner and I would run later if it was a day hotter than usual. 830 is still daylight so maybe she felt safe runner then too?

That makes much more sense. I believe the bf did say that she would go later when it was cooler, in the evening but while it was still light. Could she have been jogging with the intent of ending up at her mother's house?

Is it possible that she was going to jog to her mom’s house? I wondered why she would go for a run and then go back to the house. Why not just go run and then end at mom’s? I think maybe she was texting Mom while running. Would explain the short “ok” text.

You know what else, I’m wondering if she was planning to spend the night at her mom’s house and that’s why she grabbed the red shirt. It would be more convenient for her to take the her brother’s car the next morning to work. Maybe before leaving to work feed the dogs and let them out a little in the morning.

Missing Iowa jogger is 'fighting her best to get back home,' says brother

>>snip

"She was kind of a creature of habit," Mortvedt said of the missing college student. "And about the same time every evening she’d go for a run during daylight hours -- well before dusk or dark, and she was seen Wednesday evening on one of her normal routes."

>>snip

The FBI brought in "a highly-trained search and rescue team and they are going back over some of the areas for any type of forensic evidence or information or details that may have been inadvertently missed initially," Mortvedt said.

Authorities are also conducting follow-up interviews, Mortvedt said, because "as you think about things you may remember something later on that you didn’t remember initially."

“A lot of people get caught up in the emotion," he explained. "This is a small town, rural Iowa, middle of the heartland -- this isn’t supposed to happen here. And so as it’s starting to sink in to people that this happened in their backyards, you know, some people are remembering additional information."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla