Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calderwood said, The news media is “making us lose our focus,” with a national tabloid show truck parked outside on Monday, and major networks erroneously reporting that Mollie was “running through a cornfield.

There you go Nancy, You did it again! Mollie was NOT running through cornfields!
At this point, I think ppl should stop listening to NG. She’s wacked out.

Last edited:
Sharing my thoughts/opinions here...
Could it have been possible that Mollie was going to walk to her moms house Thursday morning to get the shared car? I thought I read that it was about 1 mile between which would take like 10-15 mins for a young person to walk. Just wondering if this could have triggered the text from the brother that morning. Maybe it was more of a hey thought you needed the car but noticed it’s still here text rather than an arrangement text if that makes sense. That could also be why many of us have questioned who she would have rode with and why weren’t these arrangements made prior. Also could be a reason the red shirt was mentioned as not being found if she was already up and dressed for the day which leads me to another thought that she may have just gotten dressed in the bedroom right after she woke up and didn’t have her contacts or glasses yet. She then could have let the dogs out because they were antsy and then that’s where I question what could have happened next???

First time poster here...started following the site during the Sydney Loofe case as that was not far from me.

Takes forever to get caught up with all the posts but I just got caught up again!

I know the Snapchat has been a hot topic but one thing that I don’t think was mentioned yet for those that don’t use Snapchat is that there’s a setting that allows you to set how long the recipient can see the picture once they open it...it ranges from 1 second to 10 seconds or infinity symbol meaning they can view it for as long as they want at that moment but as soon as they close it it’s gone... so maybe she had it set at the default 10 seconds and the bf didn’t have a chance to read it before it disappeared and honestly I can’t recall word for word what my last Snapchat said from my friend.
As for the bumping him up on the friend list SC keeps a top ten list so let’s say a girl her age snapchats 12 people regularly two of those people will be demoted and she would have to scroll for them which honestly is annoying so it is handy to keep your top people bumped. Snapchat also puts emojis next to your contacts that you frequently send to that have different meanings...hopefully I can attach the link successfully but for a young person I think these emojis are a big thing
Snapchat Emoji Meanings — Friend Emojis

Thanks for the Snapchat information. That tells me her motive for putting him at the top could have been for her own personal reasons only. Thanks.

Thanks for that clarification. I read the article carefully and knew they were found in Seven Bridges but didnt realize their original abduction site was Evansdale.

That case is real scary and it had so much similar to the Indiana bridge girls killings.

One thing that always struck me about those two cases were that railroad tracks were not too far from both.

In Mollies case I dont think its related but now am going to see if any railroad tracks or historic bridges go near her house in Brooklyn.

Both the Indiana and the Iowa girls were found by a stream, as well. There's a truly shocking list of similarities.

I don't see similar parallels with Mollie's case, but on the other hand there's a gut-level punch that makes it seem like maybe there's something my subconscious is seeing that I haven't recognized yet.

I hope she just decided she couldn't face the wedding hoopla and the future and decided she had to have a break--but I don't think that's what happened.

Like here. It knew I ran, but I didn’t actually record that activity. It did it itself. So no map. If I had selected to record my run there would be a little map below there

And then there’s this. I took the dog for a walk and logged it as a run. Since I began and ended recording, it produced a map

Attachments

• 59EE96CB-8546-447F-9DCE-78B24A61ADEC.jpeg
    59EE96CB-8546-447F-9DCE-78B24A61ADEC.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 35
  • C0630B54-7FE5-40C7-888D-AD244683B4FC.jpeg
    C0630B54-7FE5-40C7-888D-AD244683B4FC.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 26
I’m going to try to put the timeline below. Please offer corrections as needed.

Wednesday:
4:08 pm Mollie’s last tweet

5:15 Neighbor reports seeing her jogging in sports bra, etc.

7:30-ish Originally reported as the time she texted with her mother about dinner.

8-9-ish. Didn’t show up at mom’s house for dinner.

9:45 possibly sent Snapchat to bf.

10:00 Bf sees Snapchat.

Thursday:
Xxxx. Good morning text or Snapchat from bf unread.

7:30 am. Text from brother unanswered.

6:30-8 am. Didn’t show up to work.

Mid to late afternoon: bf and family start looking for her. Cell phone, Fitbit and red shirt are missing with her.

Last edited:
Are any of the media videos showing any type of grid search by LE? I haven't caught up with media that are solely videos yet (getting there a bit slower without TT - still acclimating.) I just can't shake Sierah's case and the corn being high. Some things a drone wouldn't necessarily capture is my thought there.
But I'm also interested in the focus on her pings and canine findings. I'm worried she was taken from the house by vehicle. Dreading the type of update that includes a heavy police presence in the area.
The Finding Mollie Facebook page has at its beginning what areas were searched. That was why it was originally setup.

The lack of details really is SO frustrating. It seems like investigators and family are starting to talk just a little...maybe we will be getting more in the next day or two? I agree investigators know quite a bit.

IMO...I wouldn’t think twice about the snap chatting with the boyfriend. (Obviously the message and all social media is critical, but referring to the speculation with the boyfriend). As a middle age woman with teens...I have learned not to try to use logic when it comes to younger people and Snapchat :). They do obsess about streaks and it is convenient to have significant others at the top. I don’t find any of that suspicious. And to me, an ordinary snap with nothing special or of note with a SO when it is read at 10pm after a long day of hard work out of town...personally I would be more suspicious if he knew word for word what it said and remembered all the details. I also don’t find it suspicious that he didn’t notice she didn’t read the chat/snap and hadn’t heard from her. If she has to be super early to work and at the fair with little kids all day...I wouldn’t have expected to hear from her if I was him.

I am wondering if the red shirt is a red herring at this point. A couple people wondered if it could have been left at work or in a pile of laundry that was unnoticed. I think that is a great question. The missing red shirt was brought up in the first day or 2 but not since. I wonder if it turned up. I think the shirt is the primary reason why people wonder if she went missing Friday. Also, in the last couple days I know there were comments made by family (not sure who) that were describing her as wearing jogging clothes (no mention this time of possibly the red shirt).

I know in a recent article the mom was asked by investigators if she thought Mollie was in the house at 9:45. This does seem to point to perhaps the snap being sent then. However, prior to that (and now I am conflicted )...I really was thinking she went missing earlier in the evening. 1. Not showing up for dinner after Mollie seemed to confirm she would be there (saying OK to brats) and 2. Not making plans with the brother about whether she needed a ride seem very uncharacteristic for a girl that seems to be very conscientious. If she went missing sometime in that 10 hours, it just seems logical to me. But with the bad reporting and little info, who knows...

I am going to be shocked if she ran away, committed suicide, or if the boyfriend was involved. I am really guessing it is someone she knows. Someone she knows well or someone she casually knows (such as work).

I think the comment was if Mollie was in "a" house, not the house, none specific but important/

It was also odd that he remembered the precise night that he no longer saw her running past his home while he was sitting on the porch every evening watching her. His wife should kick his butt for sitting on the porch watching pretty young girls running.
I don't think that necessarily. It might just be his habit to sit on the porch in the early evening hours.

Yes. Wonder if that's where the family connection in UTAH comes into play. Out of town guests. A stretch but maybe someone from her time in CA..

Do you mean Utah?

I was thinking about the BOLO put out in Utah and wonder what happened with that. Is it still active? Who does she know from there? Does her family or friends know anyone from there?

Oh damn. This is just so awful. My anxiety is bad and I have no connection to her. Poor Mollie...Her family right now?!? I can't even imagine. Her poor family.

I brought up the Iowa cousins merely because this is also Iowa. Where they were taken from isn't really very far from where she disappeared. I have no idea if there is any relationship but the location is interesting. What month were they taken? wasn't it 6 years ago?
I'm not thinking this is related (yet) but want to explore any connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member