Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervampira

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
MISSING: Search ongoing for 20-year-old UI Student

UPDATE - Police have sent searchers home for the day with no sign of missing 20 year-old Mollie Tibbetts.

UPDATE - At least 100 people are out looking for a missing 20 year-old woman in Poweshiek County.

Investigators now say Mollie Tibbetts was last seen dog sitting for at a friend's house late Wednesday night. When no one heard from her Thursday, they reported her missing.

Crews are out searching around the Brooklyn area for any sign of Tibbetts, At this point, investigators aren't sure if foul play is involved.

[...]

The lack of details really is SO frustrating. It seems like investigators and family are starting to talk just a little...maybe we will be getting more in the next day or two? I agree investigators know quite a bit.

IMO...I wouldn’t think twice about the snap chatting with the boyfriend. (Obviously the message and all social media is critical, but referring to the speculation with the boyfriend). As a middle age woman with teens...I have learned not to try to use logic when it comes to younger people and Snapchat :). They do obsess about streaks and it is convenient to have significant others at the top. I don’t find any of that suspicious. And to me, an ordinary snap with nothing special or of note with a SO when it is read at 10pm after a long day of hard work out of town...personally I would be more suspicious if he knew word for word what it said and remembered all the details. I also don’t find it suspicious that he didn’t notice she didn’t read the chat/snap and hadn’t heard from her. If she has to be super early to work and at the fair with little kids all day...I wouldn’t have expected to hear from her if I was him.

I am wondering if the red shirt is a red herring at this point. A couple people wondered if it could have been left at work or in a pile of laundry that was unnoticed. I think that is a great question. The missing red shirt was brought up in the first day or 2 but not since. I wonder if it turned up. I think the shirt is the primary reason why people wonder if she went missing Friday. Also, in the last couple days I know there were comments made by family (not sure who) that were describing her as wearing jogging clothes (no mention this time of possibly the red shirt).

I know in a recent article the mom was asked by investigators if she thought Mollie was in the house at 9:45. This does seem to point to perhaps the snap being sent then. However, prior to that (and now I am conflicted )...I really was thinking she went missing earlier in the evening. 1. Not showing up for dinner after Mollie seemed to confirm she would be there (saying OK to brats) and 2. Not making plans with the brother about whether she needed a ride seem very uncharacteristic for a girl that seems to be very conscientious. If she went missing sometime in that 10 hours, it just seems logical to me. But with the bad reporting and little info, who knows...

I am going to be shocked if she ran away, committed suicide, or if the boyfriend was involved. I am really guessing it is someone she knows. Someone she knows well or someone she casually knows (such as work).

Are any of the media videos showing any type of grid search by LE? I haven't caught up with media that are solely videos yet (getting there a bit slower without TT - still acclimating.) I just can't shake Sierah's case and the corn being high. Some things a drone wouldn't necessarily capture is my thought there.
But I'm also interested in the focus on her pings and canine findings. I'm worried she was taken from the house by vehicle. Dreading the type of update that includes a heavy police presence in the area.

Last edited:
Older generation Fitbit's piggy-backed on your mobile device's gps functionality. And, yes, it could record your walk and map out suggest routes for you to walk.

Latest model Fitbits have built-in GPS which again is tracked/recorded to the fitbit app--accessible on your mobile device or via a web browser.
So if Molly was wearing her fitbit as her family and boyfriend have stated and her phone went with her when she vanished, the FBI should be able to log into her fitbit account and know where she went when she vanished?

The girls were actually murdered in Seven Bridges park in rural Bremer County which is further than that. Evansdale is where the father lived. I think its more like 2 hours drive or more from Seven Bridges to Brooklyn.

The pain of 2 Iowa girls' killings remains, but resolve in Evansdale only grows

No, the girls were taken from Evansdale. Their remains were found in Seven Bridges Park several months later.

It's only a bit over an hour from Brooklyn to Evansdale. Google Maps

By now, they should have done the second and maybe third interviews with the key players: those closest to her or those among the last to see her and interact with her. They will be looking for inconsistencies. Maybe there will not be any.

I feel like if it was a random abduction the police would have alerts out and also be saying there is a risk to the public. When a woman disappeared in my town there was mass alerts non stop signs everywhere saying women don’t go your usual route etc don’t be alone because they had a lead it was a serial killer type situation. The fact they act like no public risk makes me believe it is someone she knew.

Are any of the media videos showing any type grid search by LE? I haven't caught up with media that are solely videos yet (getting there a bit slower without TT - still acclimating.) I just can't shake Sierah's case and the corn being high. Some things a drone wouldn't necessarily capture is my thought there.
But I'm also interested in the focus on her pings and canine findings. I'm worried she was taken from the house by vehicle. Dreading the type of update that includes a heavy police presence in the area.
Good to see you here. I had the same visceral reaction coming off Ce's case. I had to walk away for a bit. When the corn is tall is so difficult to read/hear. For lack of better words. It will stay with me forever.

Does my Fitbit device have GPS?

Select Fitbit devices can capture GPS data including route, distance, and pace in your exercise history.

If your device isn’t compatible with GPS, you can use the Fitbit app to capture GPS data during your workouts (known as MobileRun). For more information, see How do I use the Fitbit app to capture GPS data?

DOES MY FITBIT DEVICE HAVE GPS?

The following devices offer GPS functionality:

• Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Surge have built-in GPS. Select an exercise to see whether it captures GPS data.

• Fitbit Versa, Fitbit Blaze, and Fitbit Charge 2 work with the sensors on your nearby phone to track GPS data (known as "connected" GPS). Choose an exercise to see if it includes connected GPS. For information on how using connected GPS can improve your stride length calculation, see How do I measure and adjust my stride length?

For more information about tracking exercise, see How do I use exercise apps and modes on my Fitbit device?

Fitbit Help - Does my Fitbit device have GPS?

First time poster here...started following the site during the Sydney Loofe case as that was not far from me.

Takes forever to get caught up with all the posts but I just got caught up again!

I know the Snapchat has been a hot topic but one thing that I don’t think was mentioned yet for those that don’t use Snapchat is that there’s a setting that allows you to set how long the recipient can see the picture once they open it...it ranges from 1 second to 10 seconds or infinity symbol meaning they can view it for as long as they want at that moment but as soon as they close it it’s gone... so maybe she had it set at the default 10 seconds and the bf didn’t have a chance to read it before it disappeared and honestly I can’t recall word for word what my last Snapchat said from my friend.
As for the bumping him up on the friend list SC keeps a top ten list so let’s say a girl her age snapchats 12 people regularly two of those people will be demoted and she would have to scroll for them which honestly is annoying so it is handy to keep your top people bumped. Snapchat also puts emojis next to your contacts that you frequently send to that have different meanings...hopefully I can attach the link successfully but for a young person I think these emojis are a big thing
Snapchat Emoji Meanings — Friend Emojis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member