Missing pregnant Shanann Watts and her two daughter's bodies found, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Well-Known Member

Don't forget the Surf Ballroom (where Buddy Holly, the Big Bopper and Ritchie Valens played their last gig), and their memorial!

These two places are on my bucket list of places to visit.

Traymar, travelbug, Kapua and 3 others like this.
  2. Twistinginthewind

Twistinginthewind Well-Known Member

Thank you. Magnum PI1, for saying this. LE is doing their very best to find Mollie, we all know this on some level. Hoping the cancelled PCs this week mean they are closing in on some significant leads, and Mollie will be found very soon. I really feel for her family, friends, and community.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  3. Goe

Goe Member

With the Iphone if the phone is dead you can only know the last active location. But the phone could of been turned off at the park and toss at the river.

4. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

I just hate the thought of anyone dong this. I am still wound tight from keeping up with this thread at WS. I don't use social media like FB or Twitter so at least this thread stays cleaner than most. Thank goodness. My doors are locked, I keep looking around every where I go. It isn't good to get so invested in a story like this.

I was also wound up with Casey Anthony and Jodi Arias but we KNEW the killers in those stories and sought justice. This one.....wow. And I never thought Abbey and Libby's case would go cold. That is one way I learned so much about SK's being in every State and so many sexual predators in every city. How many more that don't get in the news? Scary....

borndem, Bravo and crhedBngr like this.
  5. PommyMommy

PommyMommy Well-Known Member

They have cameras, but we don't know if they were operational.
    IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

6. Momma2cam

Momma2cam Well-Known Member

1. They have strong reason to believe Mollie was targeted and not that the public is at risk.
    2. They suspect she voluntarily disappeared (unlikely IMO).
    3. They have a suspect that is under surveillance.

I'm sure there are other reasons.

margarita25, HayLouise, wary and 8 others like this.
  7. bestill

bestill Well-Known Member

So curious as to where LE is with the investigation, are they closer to the perp or are they just busy chasing leads and eliminating them?

8. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

Welcome all newbies

9. Twistinginthewind

Several posts on this thread have said the house MT was staying in was up on a hill. More specifically, the front yard was level but behind the house and overall, it's on a rise.

10. MisterMayor

MisterMayor On Time Out

In any event, if there's a digital trail, LE would likely be on it...if she was doing homework at home, I assume they know that. If she logged on elsewhere, I would imagine they know where that is or are going through the necessary motions through subpoena to get it. For whatever reason, whatever information they've been able to get on homework doesn't seem to have broken open the case for LE. They have said, however, that they are confident in their timeline...and it's possible (likely?) that having a digital trail to follow (homework, SM activity, phone activity, etc.) is what gives them that confidence.

MsBetsy, borndem, Followfacts and 2 others like this.
  11. FindHG

FindHG *

Interesting you mention this Magz, for some reason the perpetration of this crime from when I first learned of it had a whiff of a very feminine mind...

12. NewYork625

NewYork625 Well-Known Member

Any one of those three would mean that they know more than they are letting on. At least that means there might be hope for answers soon.

borndem, Bravo and Momma2cam like this.
  13. HumbleShadow

HumbleShadow Member

Attached Files:

OldCop, ChitlinStrut, borndem and 4 others like this.
  14. Parks

Parks Well-Known Member

Correct. Since IOS 8 update, it sends Apple the exact location of the phone when the battery died. It could still be moved after it died but would still be a valuable piece of information, I would think.

borndem likes this.
  15. distracted

distracted Well-Known Member

After three weeks I finally have a theory -
    One or both of Mollie's devices led LE to the pig farm.
    They were disposed/hidden there by someone who has access or is familiar with the property.
    It is not WC.. The polygraph was administered to clear him and perhaps to corroborate statements.
    Mollie got in a car with someone she knew and at some point she rejected his advances and things went very, very wrong from there.

People very often dispose or hide things - and sometimes people - in familiar places.

16. Twistinginthewind

LE has followed up on hundreds of leads, conducted dozens of interviews, and searched multiple properties according to MSM and previous PCs. There is no new info that LE has released to the public. They've cancelled all PCs scheduled for this week. The family has not spoken publicly in the last few days.

17. Mr. Obvious

Mr. Obvious Well-Known Member

Rows are planted 30" or 2.5 feet wide; that leaves ample room for even a large man to turn sideways and move deep into a cornfield.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  18. RavenCC2020

RavenCC2020 Well-Known Member

Welcome to my life. I too have a 20 year old daughter that goes to school and works PT. She is a free spirit and comes and goes as she pleases. Because I had an overprotective mom that demanded an unrealistic time table from me when I was 20 and living at home (had to be home at 10:00 on weekend nights LOL) I gave my own kids more freedom. As a result of that I am frequently texting her to find out if she is coming home for dinner, what time she will be home, coming home right after work or visiting a friend. Blah blah blah. Even though I have asked her a million times to in the very least text me if she is not coming home at night, still there are times she does not. What this has resulted in basically is not planning on her for dinner because half the time she says she will be home she may in fact come home and change and go out to dinner with friends. Same when she doesn't come home. I got so frustrated that I asked her friend who is very responsible to her own mom, to text me if my daughter is staying with her. She did and now my daughter has taken it upon herself to do it herself as she should. I am always telling her that if she doesn't she could find herself gone missing and I would have no idea she was taken simply because she didn't let me know what she was doing. Hours matter in these cases so parents just have to continue to instill upon their young adult children that keeping in contact with their parents or even a friend to let them know what they are doing is a good habit to get into.

For a last resort I DID tell my daughter and my older daughter as well, you think it is me treating you as a child when I ask these questions BUT, God forbid anything horrible like this happen and you find yourself in a life threatening situation, you WILL be calling for mom and dad and definitely wishing you took their advice. I know that because I found myself in such a situation once before and I was no longer a child nor living at home. Kids want their parents to rescue them as they are growing up and parents want to be there to do just that. They can't be if they don't have a clue where you are.

sorajmw, Traymar, Catty33 and 12 others like this.
  19. Confusion

Confusion Creative Spelling Expert

I believe it's likely that she did get into a car willingly, but I don't believe she went missing willingly. I think that's a big difference. If someone I know offers me a ride to the grocery store and I accept, that doesn't mean that I willing went with him/her out of town to a location nobody would ever expect me to be. MOO
    The munching isn't the problem, the rumors that can come of it are. I can't remember for sure now what you were commenting on, but I believe it was the ex-profiler. Something that has to be kept in mind with that is that profilers may be able to give a much more accurate description of what happened and who did it, but once they stop working in that job, they're making their predictions/assumptions on the same information as the rest of the public. Because of that, they're just as likely to be wrong as you or I are. MOO
    I grew up in the Upper Midwest and a small evening meal was called supper, a large one (or if we went out to eat) was a dinner.
    I'm not positive, and I don't have a link, but I thought they said that her wallet was found and was holding her license and bank card. It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, but I'm fairly sure. MOO

20. Whiteorchids

Whiteorchids Well-Known Member

I
    I don’t recall anyone making a jab at any current FBI agent or LE working on this particular case in these threads. If your referring to me because I said I lost faith in FBI that’s my own personal opinion. Only some not all FBI agents. Someone posted a msm about a former FBI profiler not someone working on Mollies case. Im entitled to have my opinions. Im presently married to a retired LE officer my BIL is a current Sergeant in a local department. My ex fiancé is a retired assistant Sheriff in Oakland. I completely respect law enforcement and everything they do. They work their rear ends off to save the lives of others.

CarolAnn, Traymar, libraryg and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.