Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you the one who said earlier that you think there may have been 2 perpetrators? I would love to hear your reasoning behind that as I think is the first time I heard that theory.

I'm obviously not the one you addressed, but what reasoning is there to suggest there couldn't have been 2 (or more) people involved.

I definitely consider the possibility there could have been two perps. I think it's more likely there was one, but I could see there being two. Or one "primary" perp and someone tangentially involved that isn't talking for fear of being an accessory or something.

I don't think it's more than two though.

and if one is brought in at worst it is speculation and at best significant information. how does it do any harm? speculation can't be worse than what it already is.

Yeah I guess. I just usually think that means all leads and info has dried up.

Oh crud. That's opening up a whole can of worms for me. So someone could have been stalking her on her app, known her route and when she typically went out? Someone she knew.
OK, technically I am a neanderthal. Can you explain this. How could they know this information. Wouldn't they have to have her personal account info to do this?

Can you guys help solve the Missy Bevers and Delphi girls cases too? Thx in advance.
If I could, I would in a second. Curiously, those cases also stalled from lack of public info. I am thinking there is a lot in common here, for instance why the public has never seen the full video that the brave, quick thinking Delphi girl took. To me it has almost seemed disrespectful, since she risked everything for that chance. Also, although I have said before that Mollie running alone creeps me out, the Delphi girls did everything "right", went with a friend, in daylight, arranged for an adult ride, told their parents where they were going and still things went bad. Don't even get me started on someone peacefully sitting and working on something in a church and someone getting them. I hope this has a completely opposite outcome, in that Mollie is alive and we are not sitting here over a year later with no clue.

If I could, I would in a second. Curiously, those cases also stalled from lack of public info. I am thinking there is a lot in common here, for instance why the public has never seen the full video that the brave, quick thinking Delphi girl took. To me it has almost seemed disrespectful, since she risked everything for that chance. Also, although I have said before that Mollie running alone creeps me out, the Delphi girls did everything "right", went with a friend, in daylight, arranged for an adult ride, told their parents where they were going and still things went bad. Don't even get me started on someone peacefully sitting and working on something in a church and someone getting them. I hope this has a completely opposite outcome, in that Mollie is alive and we are not sitting here over a year later with no clue.

Extra like!

Has anyone seen anything on whether it would be unusual for her to put the dogs in the basement just when going out for a run? Was this something they did when they were leaving all day for work type thing, or any time they left for any time at all? Would certainly be telling if the latter...would indicate she did return from the run and was leaving for another reason, yet...without her wallet and glasses and with all of her running gear. Points in all directions unfortunately!

Since Mollie was only dog sitting and didn't live there full time, there was probably not a set routine.

It doesn’t help. I can’t imagine LE is happy, but this is precisely why you don’t want to tell the family.
Yup. Agreed. I'm so heartbroken for him. It must feel doubly horrible that he just had her with him but that he doesn't live in the same state - that he couldn't protect her, even though he being in Iowa wouldn't have been likely to protect her anyhow. But there's guilt involved for parents who don't live close to their kids.

These poor people. It's beyond comprehension, the hell they're in.

BBM: Agreed. I can't even try to put myself in their shoes, because I would lose my mind if I did. I do think MT's Dad, as a loving parent, is speaking from the heart vs. his head re: his theory of what's happened to her. IMO, he is clinging with all his might to the only scenario that will allow him to stay sane throughout this ordeal, vs. him having insider knowledge of evidence that she is alive and being held captive somewhere. What father is not going to give the presumption of life to his daughter, in the absence of proof that she is otherwise?

Yes, if you think about it, it is the only thing that is important to them, the only thing worth hoping for, isn't it? (Yes "closure" for what its worth and "answers" might come later, and then justice, but for now, the only thing worth working towards is bringing her home alive, which requires believing that she is alive.)

Why not put every once of effort, every dollar, every minute into bringing her home? Her father said in the PC with CrimeStoppers that since he originally said it, this theory "has kind of taken on a life of its own." But as family members if you have to choose to believe something at this point, why not choose this? If there is a less favorable outcome I guess you have forever to adjust to it, might as well choose and work towards a positive outcome now.
Brilliant, thank you! there isn't a moment to sleep until she is home. I can not even imagine their agony.
jmo

That is way up there on my likely sc

BBM: Agreed. I can't even try to put myself in their shoes, because I would lose my mind if I did. I do think MT's Dad, as a loving parent, is speaking from the heart vs. his head re: his theory of what's happened to her. IMO, he is clinging with all his might to the only scenario that will allow him to stay sane throughout this ordeal, vs. him having insider knowledge of evidence that she is alive and being held captive somewhere. What father is not going to give the presumption of life to his daughter, in the absence of proof that she is otherwise?
I absolutely agree with you. I can’t fault the guy one bit.

Since Mollie was only dog sitting and didn't live there full time, there was probably not a set routine.

Thanks - I agree, although it sounds like she was probably around enough for this to be a distinction. If she knew she was just going for a run, I think that might be a little unusual for her to fully put the dogs in the basement...but again, perhaps that’s just what she would have done when leaving for ANY length of time.

Unfortunately, I think that whatever happened to Mollie, happened and was over before she was even reported missing. I think it was the Holly Bobo case, where everything that happened to her was within an hour or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member