Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that IF this was an abduction, she was taken directly from the home, probably after it got dark, for the reasons I stated above regarding her contacts. If they were in the case in solution i believe she had taken them out for the day. Also although we don't know this as fact, she MAY have been on her computer that night and may have sent the Snapchat between 9:00and 10:00. She may have been threatened with a gun, told to put the dogs away, and led out of the house, into a car, and down one of those dirt roads. Maybe the one that goes straight to Grinnel. There were heavy downpours that night and it is possible no one had seen or heard a thing.

I really want to understand why anyone really thinks there was not more contacts. who would be counting down to the single pair. the kind you keep for a year at a time is uncommon now. how fast you go threw a box depends on many factors. seriously can anyone say for fact that was her only contacts?

I am an Optician. Most young adults are like this. I was. Young adults hate hate glasses. But I don’t get that impression of Mollie. She has plenty of photos wearing her glasses on SM. I think she may have worn glasses, as well, for a muscle issue in addition to her visual acquity issue. I feel that one of her eyes turns slightly inward (esotropia) in pics with contacts. We use prism in glasses to pull muscles where we want them. I believe she has inherited her vision from dad. Contacts dry up when running and glasses fog up. She was sort of in a no win situation.
Thanks. You actually made me more concerned about why she didn't wear glasses on her run. Especially when she was seen many times in photos wearing them. I think she may have been going to see some one without them for appearance sake. There's no other reason for not wearing them to jog. A man is what comes to mind. She could go there and no car to accidentally be observed there by passers-by.

I get your inquiries. I had some questions about why she would be running in the first place considering what was stated as her asthma triggers which is over-heating. Which is bound to happen when you run. It's unavoidable.
So, putting the two together it looks like she was trying to impress someone, leaving behind glasses and trotting all over town against health concerns be damned.
She seemed to be more concerned with how she appeared.

She had already had one year in college, we don't know who she may have met in her new life as a student. But, I don't buy the coincidence of stranger danger at a time when she was alone in a rare situation of all others going away. I see it as opportunity of being alone, by her. Why not?

With all due respect, strenuous exercise is not necessarily a trigger and everyone tolerates heat differently. Molly has been running since she was in high school. As such, it is unfair and wrong to claim she was doing it solely to impress people.

So thoughts since new site went up?
I don't have any earth-shattering insights. I notice that three of the five sites that LE expressed interest in (the red areas) are outside of what I would consider Mollie's normal jogging routes, although I don't know exactly what those are. So I would conclude that, IF LE had reason to believe, say, because perhaps her cell phone pinged a tower or she was seen on a surveillance camera, that she was taken from Brooklyn in a vehicle. (Duh).

I am considering that and mapping out a specific route I would take to cover all bases. (I also now know how to merge those files into one - yay me!) But it might be difficult to find an available time, daughters on different softball teams and it’s tournament time again!
Google street view works. You can see the camera on side of carwash and there’s at least one on the NAPA building. Most likely pointing south.

Thanks. You actually made me more concerned about why she didn't wear glasses on her run. Especially when she was seen many times in photos wearing them. I think she may have been going to see some one without them for appearance sake. There's no other reason for not wearing them to jog. A man is what comes to mind. She could go there and no car to accidentally be observed there by passers-by.
If she is far sighted, then she could run without glasses and not have to deal with the discomfort of either. Her up close would be compromised, though.

I am an Optician. Most young adults are like this. I was. Young adults hate hate glasses. But I don’t get that impression of Mollie. She has plenty of photos wearing her glasses on SM. I think she may have worn glasses, as well, for a muscle issue in addition to her visual acquity issue. I feel that one of her eyes turns slightly inward (esotropia) in pics with contacts. We use prism in glasses to pull muscles where we want them. I believe she has inherited her vision from dad. Contacts dry up when running and glasses fog up. She was sort of in a no win situation.

I have been running for many years wearing contacts. Mine never get dry from running. I am now old enough that I have had to switch to mono vision contacts. Soon, I will only be wearing one lens, lol. Glasses are very much in style these days. My daughter's in their early 20's (both contact lens wearers and runners) prefer their contacts while running but wear cute frames occasionally for fun.

Not for a rural area. Could be a garden hose and a Dysin plugged in. More likely attached to a gas station.

I still firmly believe this is connected to other I 80 Kidnapping murders and disappearances from Chicago to the Pacific Ocean.

Especially in light of LE releasing no info and the number of agents involved. There are a lot of unsolved cases around the interstate. It would take less than 20 minutes to be in and out of Brooklyn.

Marking:

From above:
“I still firmly believe this is connected to other I 80 Kidnapping murders and disappearances from Chicago to the Pacific Ocean.“

Is there a WS thread for these?

Excellent observations, Crystal, thanks!

I would imagine since they kept such regular contact the mom would be one of the first persons asked this question. It seems pretty logical, especially since she was expected at dinner.

There has been a fair bit of communication with family in this case; before Mollies disappearance; in other cases less so; big plus in this case.

Who the heck wears glasses to jog? They fog up and slip around on your face when you sweat. If she's blind as a bat she'd probably wear her contacts, but glasses? No way.

The poster had located where the log in came from and it looked like a storage place or big shed...and then I think it was deleted.
I posted the picture of the storage shed after I looked up the location of the IP address. Someone else had posted coordinates but then someone else said that you can't rely on the IP address for the actual physical address.

I so agree with you that it does not make sense. It really bugs me because my gut says that she got home and took those contacts out. I just can't let go of that possibility even though I am open to the others.

I have worn contacts since I was a teenager (1982) and I have been a runner since then. I alway run with contacts and never have a problem with them. I do keep a pair of shades on my head while running for sun and/or rain. I rarely have dust issues, but the shades work great for that if needed. I am one of those people that puts my contacts in the minute I wake up and I don't remove them until I go to bed. My husband is different. He does not tolerate them well and dust, etc. bothers him more than it does me. He only wears his occasionally, and when he does he doesn't leave them in as long.

I have multifocals and I leave them in for two weeks and take them out for a few hours and put them back in and wear another two weeks then toss them. that is the approved for kind I wear. I have been known to leave them in for a month without takeing them out.

With all due respect, strenuous exercise is not necessarily a trigger and everyone tolerates heat differently. Molly has been running since she was in high school. As such, it is unfair and wrong to claim she was doing it solely to impress people.
She ran as a senior is the only record I could find.

I really want to understand why anyone really thinks there was not more contacts. who would be counting down to the single pair. the kind you keep for a year at a time is uncommon now. how fast you go threw a box depends on many factors. seriously can anyone say for fact that was her only contacts?
same here. I am guessing more contacts somewhere. If her vision is as bad as I suspect, she wouldn’t have ran out. We, actually see that more with men, boys and adults that work and can’t take off time for work. If your vision is bad, you will invest in the year supply to avoid the hassle. The eye nerd in me would love to see her optometric/ophthalmology records.

I will try to explain. I have a boxes in my drawer right now as I buy a year in advance. I only open a new pair when I am ready to throw out the current pair. I am one of 4 contact lens wearers in my family. Not one of us has multiple pairs opened and lying around in cases. Our habits, which I realize may vary with other people, are to open a pair and wear them until it is time for a new pair. You throw the old pair out and open a new pair. One pair open at time. They are too pricey to have more than one pair open at a time, IMO. But that's just us.

It depends on her triggers. Which she reported as getting too hot. I get that. Overheating is a by-product of running, just as much as being in a hot home which is the excuse she used for staying elsewhere.

As an asthmatic, I disagree. Inside outside/heat impacts people differently. Mollie has run for years so obviously it was not a major problem for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998