Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewYork625

NewYork625 Well-Known Member

I just can't imagine that whoever abducted MT would have hung around getting his car or truck washed before leaving town, but he may have been spotted on their security cameras.

Cortne, 24Roses, DancingMuse and 6 others like this.

2. shanadk

shanadk Well-Known Member

Humans are visual creatures. They need some kind of description.
    A color. A size. An age. Anything.

Veracity, Breathe and human like this.
  3. jawndough

jawndough Active Member

Can you elaborate on the shirts? I must have missed something. Keeping up with these threads is damn near impossible!

4. ChuckMaureen

ChuckMaureen Well-Known Member

Re; Android... only if Wifi is enabled.

1987 and Kapua like this.
  5. inquiringmindz

inquiringmindz Active Member

I hadn't heard anything about this but I'm also trying to play catch up on 2 days worth of stuff. Would you please tell me if the UI stalker is something happening to others in Iowa City or was this specific to MT?

6. jhny

jhny Active Member

Univ of IA stalker was outside of Iowa at the time of the crime.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    Breathe, gliving, who knew? and 2 others like this.
  7. bizzle2

bizzle2 Well-Known Member

It could. I'm not saying it will, but it certainly could. Meth is a really big issue in Iowa. Especially in the small towns. And people on meth can do crazy things.

TRB, human and feralwriter like this.
  8. PNWgirl10

PNWgirl10 Well-Known Member

IMO, in the list of things that describes unexpected or intensive cleaning of a vehicle, possibly at an unusual time of day....they are more or less talking about the inside. If it was a hit and run, there no amount of cleaning the outside of the vehicle that would hide the damage from that type of crime. In that case, I would hope anyone working at an auto body shop would turn them in (I have seen this happen in a hit and run case). However, I would assume they are talking about cleaning the interior. I would think the perp would be cleaning vigorously, trying to erase any trace of a crime, even down to a strand of hair. I had referenced a case near me in an earlier thread about a very similar case to Mollie's and it happened to be the neighbor who was actually a good friend of hers. LE found her vehicle parked at a Wal Mart and there was evidence that the perp tried to clean the car to hide the crime. The car smelled strongly of cleaning chemicals yet the evidence was so substantial he wasn't able to cover it up.

libraryg, gliving, human and 3 others like this.
  9. NewYork625

NewYork625 Well-Known Member

The train is close to that area. Does it make any stops at any businesses nearby? I looked up "freight train killer" and found this Ángel Maturino Reséndiz - Wikipedia

OT Was that abandoned railroad bridge in Delphi anywhere near any active railroad tracks?

La Louve, carbuff and Hatfield like this.
  10. feralwriter

feralwriter Pls. read THE GIFT OF FEAR. Trust your gut always.

"Geographical Profiling" is a googleable if people have never heard the term nor understand the concept. Is a Wiki page on it. We have offender profiling, which everyone's heard of.

"Furthermore, serial crimes are the easiest to develop geographic profiles, since each crime contains new spatial information and provides additional data including the fact that crime area tends to enlarge with an increase of comfort and confidence. The initial hunt and criminal acts are most likely to occur relatively close to the location of the offender’s home or workplace. As the success rate increases, there will be a burgeoning sense of confidence to seek his prey further from home and to travel a greater distance."

wiki/Geographic_profiling

TRB, Lucyray, SuziQ and 5 others like this.
  11. Schmitz5100

Schmitz5100 Well-Known Member

There were a few interviews the brothers did in which they were always wearing their high school football team mascot. It was a Bears t-shirt. I didn’t think much of it but then I saw DJ wearing one in an interview shortly after. It makes you wonder a bit. DJ has a certain amount of confidence in his answers that makes me think the family has been given some kind of hope.

12. 1987

1987 Well-Known Member

agree. there has to be certain settings in place. but if you are on a limited data plan those settings could be in place easy. and the router it connected to , if it did, could still identify the phone without a sims card. just turned on and settings to connect automaticly

Kapua likes this.
  13. SheriBerry

SheriBerry Well-Known Member

or someone....

Cortne likes this.
  14. itros

itros Active Member

the high school is on one of the POI ovals on the LE websight..

15. Justice101

Justice101 Well-Known Member

following...

16. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Or simply, the SK was in the right place at the right time -- he saw a female, he was close. IMO, approaching a prostitute in a calm manner could certainly work -- discuss what, where & how much, and walk off with her -- he says, "let's go to my hotel room, honey," they go down the road, he does whatever, maybe using the nap/bed area of his truck, and dumps her miles down the road. I think a truck driver would have to sneak up on MT and it would be an abduction -- a weapon or threat of one might necessary,then knocking her out or tying her up, but it could be done. Then, same story.
    Certainly her being approached by or getting a ride with someone known to her would be less noticeable and easier, but who the heck knoze what happened?

Cortne and carbuff like this.
  17. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

What article?

Veracity, clearskies1 and itros like this.
  18. cshea99

cshea99 Well-Known Member

According to an article linked earlier, the owner of the car wash has a camera(s). He has turned that footage in along with credit card receipts from both days.

d4j, human, ayanna and 1 other person like this.
  19. Stippling

Stippling Well-Known Member

My interest in it is the people who would attend and from how far away would they travel. I could imagine someone coming from an adjacent county to see a demo derby or a tractor pull. Maybe take the back roads shortcut home.

20. SharonNeedles

SharonNeedles Well-Known Member

No. The high school is located north of the ovals, about right here.

Attached Files:

HayLouise, Sunny123, Alcina and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.