Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT...but to see how gossip rags print junk to get attention...I was just in the store and the headlines blaring at check-out say “Stacy Peterson Found”...when in fact for several months now her sister has claimed to see her remains on sonar...at least that seems to be the most recent “development”...so they do a lot of exaggerating.

I truely hope today is the day they bring Mollie home. She and her family have been in my thoughts and prayers. We live in a world that has google plus, Facebook, twitter , Instagram Snapchat etc etc... some people are more careful with what they post than others. Some people have the highest level of privacy set and other people have no idea what that is! In Facebook people you”know” are in your known group of friends. In google plus your circles are people you may not or don’t “know” but you may like similar subjects and interests. All of it makes me uneasy due to the fact anyone can become stalker or stalked and be privy to way too much info falling in the wrong hands.
I’ve never been to Brooklyn Iowa and all of us on Websleuths (and others )can use google earth to see the neighborhood Mollie jogged through. What good is all this technology if we can’t use it to help those who need it most? Very frustrating to have gps in all our devices and still have missing people!( This is in no way blaming Mollie. My opinion only that I wish all the technology we have could be more helpful!)

I'm wondering about the pig farm. If somebody brought MT to that property, outdoors away from the house (maybe with WC inside none the wiser), could her phone have picked up a connection from the wifi/hotspot there? So much search effort at that farm, which is also easily accessible via the V21 route possibly taken...
the idea can apply to anywhere that either had a open network with no password or code needed or anywhere that she had previously saved the network in her phone with the passcode already there in the phone, or if anyone that had the phone signed in to a network with it. at best it could tell where the phone was/is but not who has/had it. this idea can get deep, I understand it, I just don't know how to explain it to someone unless they already have at least a general concept. I think some here have and some here do not. moo

What I do find odd is that three other members of the household were gone and none of them could have left a vehicle for her for emergencies. Seems like two of them could have driven together or with there being a construction business there wasn’t an extra vehicle. I hope there wasn’t a vehicle in that garage she didn’t have access to. My husband has never left me without a vehicle and we haven’t our son. He would even ride to work in our early days with someone else to leave a car at home for us for emergencies. I guess they are just young. And my husband has always liked the look of vehicles in the driveway when he has been out of town.
There is no way they could have shared a ride as they were in two different places, many miles apart.

Here's a thought. Maybe the perp vehicle is spotted coming in to town on the cam at the truck stop then a few hours later the same vehicle is spotted coming in to town again and also at the car wash.

If they have a vehicle on camera that they need to identify LE would release a still photo of it, and not just ask for general information.

Exactly. The purpose of emergency contacts is not to track people down if they don't show up for work. Someone not showing up for work is not an emergency. They are really more there in case there is an emergency with the person while they are AT work.
I kind of disagree with this. Yes, the point is to call the contact in case of an emergency. But, one night I was really sick and accidentally slept through my alarm the next morning. I am NEVER late to work, and because I am responsible, my co-workers became very worried after I didn't come in on time. They called my mom, and eventually someone got ahold of me to confirm I was okay. I feel like Mollie is very responsible, so being late to work, not showing, and not calling and explaining why would indicate a serious red flag that something is wrong.

What I do find odd is that three other members of the household were gone and none of them could have left a vehicle for her for emergencies. Seems like two of them could have driven together or with there being a construction business there wasn’t an extra vehicle. I hope there wasn’t a vehicle in that garage she didn’t have access to. My husband has never left me without a vehicle and we haven’t our son. He would even ride to work in our early days with someone else to leave a car at home for us for emergencies. I guess they are just young. And my husband has always liked the look of vehicles in the driveway when he has been out of town.

The three housemates were Allie, who was working in Ames; Blake, who had gone to Ames to visit Allie; and Dalton, who was on a jobsite in Dubuque. All three left at different times, and one went in the opposite direction. Not really conducive to riding together.

And as to it being a construction business, it's not some huge conglomeration. It's a couple of brothers and a few employees. No extra vehicles, unless maybe they have a dump truck or something.

<modsnip: snipped quote that was removed>

locations have their own personalities and ways of doing things. Long term residents are going to be doing "the" thing that everyone else does without even giving it thought. It doesn't seem that every 16 year old having his/her own transportation is part of the culture in Brooklyn, Iowa, as it might be in other locations.

Last edited by a moderator:
the idea can apply to anywhere that either had a open network with no password or code needed or anywhere that she had previously saved the network in her phone with the passcode already there in the phone, or if anyone that had the phone signed in to a network with it. at best it could tell where the phone was/is but not who has/had it. this idea can get deep, I understand it, I just don't know how to explain it to someone unless they already have at least a general concept. I think some here have and some here do not. moo
Yes, I agree. I only question the pig farm because it was so heavily investigated at the start. MOO Thank you for explaining some of the technology. It helps me work out my thoughts.

threadclosed.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members