Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm losing hope they'll find Mollie. Sorry to say this but that's reality.
These cases can be so heartbreaking and frustrating.
We don't know at all what happened to her. We can only guess that she was abducted but we don't know. We keep trying to make sense out of the unknown.
I do not think she ran away. I do not think she committed suicide. That leaves 2 options. She was either abducted or someone accidently ran into her with their car and hid her to not get caught. Any other thoughts?

A car running into someone leaves evidence. I think you can scratch that one.

No, I wasn't referring to your post. And I agree, there seems like there should be more 'witnesses' that she snap chatted or texted , if she was just sitting alone in that house. My kids are 'in communication' at all times on their dang phones. It's second nature for them to multi-communicate.

My kids are pretty social, but when they're home from college for the summer, they don't communicate with friends as much. They're not as tight with their old HS friends, and they and all their college friends are involved in different things during that time and don't have as much to communicate about. Sometimes they'll touch base with a college friend and be in text/snapchat communication all day with that person, but then when that conversation dies down, it's over. And when my kids have had significant others, the vast majority of their texting, etc., has just been with that one person. So, if Mollie's habits are like those of my kids, it wouldn't be unusual for her to really just back-and-forth with the boyfriend all day but not anyone else.

I'm still 10 pages behind, but i'm sure I always will be, so I'm just going to post a couple quick thoughts.

My little cousin just took me and my daughter out on his Gator to see the corn on our family farmland, we are in PA so slightly different, but we went through the middle and I couldn't see two rows out. I wouldn't have known if there was a person 5 feet from me because you literally can't see. We were completely surrounded by corn, we both know the area very well so we wouldn't get lost but if you didn't know the smells to lead you out (bird farm, very distinct smell will lead you right to the road) you could be lost for a good amount of time.
Aforementioned little cousin is about 14, super responsible kid, farming community, sometimes he doesn't come home till late because he is working on farming stuff especially during the summer, he might text his mom whats for dinner, but if he is coming home and one of the neighbors has something better he is probably stopping, he will probably ask what they need done around the house since they fed him (lots of older people in the community, kids tend to move away after college). Nobody really thinks anything of him missing dinner, nor do they bat an eyelash that he is out after dark, it's just the life in that area. I just wanted to point out how different things are in "small town farm country America" versus how I live in the suburbs. If my daughter even thought about getting in a gator and driving to the neighbors house I'd probably have heart failure, but my little cousin just goes, it's just a different way of life.
Not really sure what I'm trying to say other than things that may look suspicious to some are just common place and sometimes region or lifestyle specific. Brooklyn just reminds me so much of the area where my family lives and if you have never lived in an area like that it would seem absolutely foreign.

My kids are pretty social, but when they're home from college for the summer, they don't communicate with friends as much. They're not as tight with their old HS friends, and they and all their college friends are involved in different things during that time and don't have as much to communicate about. Sometimes they'll touch base with a college friend and be in text/snapchat communication all day with that person, but then when that conversation dies down, it's over. And when my kids have had significant others, the vast majority of their texting, etc., has just been with that one person. So, if Mollie's habits are like those of my kids, it wouldn't be unusual for her to really just back-and-forth with the boyfriend all day but not anyone else.
Sorry if this is common knowledge on the case (I just started following last night), but where does Mollie attend college?

Does anybody know what time is the press conference scheduled for this morning and what channel will be showing it? With the new GDPR regulations implemented last May it is now even more difficult for us in Europe to access videos, newspapers -lots of local ones don't show on Internet for Europeans anymore- etc and I would really appreciate if those members who can watch it could write what the police officers say regarding the data collected from the FitBit and the searches carried out in the hog farm yesterday. Thank you!

The case of Mollie has touched my heart -as did Maura Murray case years ago- and I would like to think that in the case of Mollie there is still some hope of a positive outcome.

data=0L6n_uW2KVRORifAwnqeOf8qvyUik7IVfo5WmMjHTfLEME4TzNv6H__Y5XjWcVY4cLu5WBEkwyK-MwJWLTpyzi3-d0eK1NLxfx3GqTHP89COE9HOukX3_fDf6BlEPfe1L4OJMbpFDVoWG7Bp6n0EqfuZ4QnGaljJLFzL_did2X68MYN3nA,o0IBr6nlwXQmz2JIqqss7yf6IPKQ04TcttdvEnZ2FdcQ1pq00qYp8YKjO6iUMS3W8Uz5g8X_EgR6BUvMK7aCn1biU6owoHOgkfVnHmusSLFEGbJxzVUawC_haQ3vtKuypukwSmoXTsn_uRCU3KvQEMMkAbxUKQEax_TeOgyQmS9RwAyCELv5YktrtGhrZEKwjcnZtFryNWxIvJ9TOPhkLpbNmu3s5L7l9ZHqgUjXbhQcsdl7IwBfW2kibHQjhlqeK-GENR5S2xxAOKvbSiv69CD_7RtQvwaF_TR0w_yY_SdVj6IcDfwHUDH6I221CfrsuBlFmqpAUhtaFJG4SGiJpoHq9EQCKX5w-L7BoVFRH3AZcNDBLS--BEjzuLPU1kC5vU6zsEtZOFCT_l3vAK--Gwzu4_BJuopkcyLw3GBP_HFaXwIbIQfEDJ_WJlX1CU7HsIFYC93pyY9yvIJ_DxCT_IQ

At the University of Iowa in Iowa City (see map):)

JMO
In one of the very early People articles yesterday I can almost swear I saw references that a tip is what pointed LE out to the pig farm. I think the article changed to remove that because I could not find it later in the day.
I wonder if LE made them remove it.

If we assume there was a tip that drove LE out there then what kind of tip could it have been?

Maybe either SM or someone called LE with inside information about a person.

No matter what it was that brought them out there LE sure is taking it seriously so the tip must have been credible.

Hope a break in the case comes soon.

I take this article as to mean they searched the pig farm before any results from the fitbit.

"Investigators hope data from a missing Iowa woman's Fitbit may give them clues to her whereabouts after her disappearance last week."
[......]
"A search Thursday of a pig farm 10 miles southeast of the Brooklyn home where Tibbett was before she went missing turned up nothing, Mortvedt said."

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2018/07/2...y-of-iowa-student-mollie-tibbetts/index.html?

No new information really, but a decent overview of the searches they've done so far here: Mollie Tibbetts: 'We follow through on everything,' investigators say of search

From that article:

Mitch Mortvedt, assistant director of the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, a state agency investigating the case, said Thursday that there have been "a couple" searches of properties based on tips, but that to his knowledge none of them have required police to secure warrants because property owners have been cooperative.

One of those searches took place Wednesday night in southern Poweshiek County along Iowa Highway 21, but it did not result in anything, he said.

"There was nothing of investigative value last night that was discovered with the search," Mortvedt said. The search was the subject of speculation Wednesday and Thursday on social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson