Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T_mar

T_mar Well-Known Member

:) So funny!

I tried replying and using my phone emojis and it left a weird symbol. Still getting a hang of this site.

MsBetsy and MassGuy like this.
  2. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Thank God I missed that. Lol.

str8nightowl, Bravo, cody22 and 4 others like this.
  3. ChuckMaureen

ChuckMaureen Well-Known Member

There's the option to scroll and roll. ;-)

str8nightowl, MsBetsy and T_mar like this.
  4. T_mar

T_mar Well-Known Member

Can NOT even imagine...his heartache and leaving...can we just imagine he gets back home and opens the door and Mollie is there and the nightmare is over.

5. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yes, it was SC and DJ apparently is not into social media. I bet he really wishes he could remember that caption, and what she was wearing.

Kapua and gregjrichards like this.
  6. Agreed. Excellent points. I'm still thinking, in his mind "three housemates away" is a less complicated scenario than if all three are at home, ready to sound the alarm on a moment's notice if she doesn't turn up within a reasonable amount of time after running. An empty house is an asset fr his point of view. That's what I was trying to get at earlier, perhaps didn't convey it correctly.
    -AC

7. Hanoi2009

Hanoi2009 Well-Known Member

It’s been confirmed recently (I believe her Twitter?) that she was training for a half marathon.

str8nightowl and T_mar like this.
  8. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

I’m sure he’s devastated over that. I downloaded Snapchat last week, and from my experience, I’m not the least bit surprised that he couldn’t remember.

9. ChuckMaureen

The interesting thing, MT indicated the cop said, "someone called me in", not "someone reported seeing who they think is a missing child." The cop made it about him. This might or might not be nitpicking, and anyone certainly may reply however they want to this, but I find that odd.

I am NOT suggesting the cop is "the killer." I am pointing out I find it odd what MT alleges the cop said. Of course, we are not privy to the entirety of the interaction and MT may have questioned the cop as to why, etc., and that led the cop to answering as he did, and that would be a valid explanation and end-of-story. As it stands, we do not know either way so, IMM, that makes this a relevant issue, however minor.

Plus the fact MT has gone missing. Certainly an odd coincidence, but maybe not.

10. MsBetsy

True, but we could all use some humor every now and then, especially with this case. Besides, I always try to read each and every post. I've only had to do that a few times, when I was way behind and wanted to catch up.

11. MsBetsy

I heard that the other day but have no idea if it's true.

str8nightowl, T_mar and Jax49 like this.
  12. Charliegizmo49

Charliegizmo49 Former Member

I failed to realize it at the time the reasoning behind the confidential nature of searches for Lucas.

And I have to share with you, that group of people never gave up. Scores of people from all walks of life got up, sent kids to school and gave the remainder of their day to search for him.

I’m still not certain people understand the valiant effort put forth by so many of the residents of Wichita. It was very impressive.

And iirc searchers pulled back the day Marshburn took Glass out north of the city. Even that day they coordinated every move.

I was very impressed and humbled to watch this search from afar. It made no difference your color, weight education or religion,
    Searchers were there looking for Lucas.

And if even one searcher reads this, understand every single thing you did in the search for Lucas will be remembered for a very long time

The searchers who never gave up, and who were there for Lucas the first day and to the evening of the last, AMAZING JOB. WELL DONE YOU ARE APPRECIATED!!!!

DJD, PommyMommy, str8nightowl and 8 others like this.
  13. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

All I remember is her asking IF she should run a half marathon. If there was more, I missed it.

14. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

I later edited, asking you if you're de Vito or Schwartze???

T_mar likes this.
  15. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

She tweeted asking her friends if she should run a half marathon: Mollie Tibbetts on Twitter

human, T_mar and MsBetsy like this.
  16. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

That symbol is FEMALE.
    I thought you are stating you are a female!!!:D:D

17. ChuckMaureen

I understood your noted points with that post. It's just that at this point I don't see this being a house invasion/abduction or known-to-MT-she-lets-him-in scenarios, which leaves street abduction, regardless of whether or not she knows the perp. I don't believe the perp would be concerned with MT being alone or not because I do not believe MT knows the perp.

If I were to believe MT knows the perp (and I may change my opinion and subscribe to this scenario) then I would agree with the 'dog-sitting alone' angle, and that might imply the perp also knows someone other than MT unless it was MT who at some point told the perp she would be dog-sitting in the future.

As this point, I believe this is a stranger abduction, but a stranger who knows OF MT as a regular-habit runner but does not *know* MT.

18. mrkyle

mrkyle Active Member

iphones between the cloud and apps are the worst I have seen especially since she has sm, there probably all linked to her, phone

Kapua likes this.
  19. ChuckMaureen

I"M CORRECTING MY POST.

I realize I misread MT's "missing child pink coat" tweet. MT indicated SHE was "called in", the cop said no such thing. I think she was referring to the person who reported they thought they saw a "missing child"... that person "called me in", must be a local phrasing, to "call someone in."

Alright. I may just push this tweet farther back on the stove.

20. RMT953

RMT953 Well-Known Member

@Charliegizmo49 I agree and saw a lot of it being first hand. I live in Andover (where you know who is from) outside of Wichita. There was SO much going on behind the scenes. I didn’t search near as much as others did on foot but the effort from everyone on WS and boots on the ground was amazing.

That’s what made me think about the searching of land and all of the SM requests to do so. I actually was the one who made those SM graphics and did a lot of the contacting of businesses, news outlets, etc. That’s why I wonder why it’s not happening with this case since there is so much land.

I had to take a timeout from WS after sweet Lucas. He stole the hearts of most of us. As I get ready for bed tonight, lots of prayers going up for Mollie and her family.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.