Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize that I couldn’t make the trip to Brooklyn today. My grandson went to er last nite. He has pneumonia. Planning on Tuesday if all goes well. I worry she won’t be found before winter hits. And l I’m going to do everything in my power to search until then, I promise. I’ll be Checking on 2 areas of interest. Electric Co cameras & distance between noted dots of interest. Anything else please let me know.
Prayers and good wishes for your Grandson are coming your way...Take care.

I apologize that I couldn’t make the trip to Brooklyn today. My grandson went to er last nite. He has pneumonia. Planning on Tuesday if all goes well. I worry she won’t be found before winter hits. And l I’m going to do everything in my power to search until then, I promise. I’ll be Checking on 2 areas of interest. Electric Co cameras & distance between noted dots of interest. Anything else please let me know.
No worries. Wishing your Grandson a speedy recovery. And Thank You

I would also be willing to bet that LE has persons that they are keeping a close eye on based on things they have learned through the investigation. I just try to keep in mind that the majority of cases that are solved usually end up being someone that LE was onto very early on. The ones that are totally random are very much in the minority and sometimes never solved. I hope that’s not the case here! But I think there are details in this case that lead me to believe that this was not just some random encounter. I think many feel greatly that this was a crime of opportunity! Which I strongly agree, but I think the opportunity was everyone else being out of the home and MT being alone! not of a helpless female running in a small town. JMO

A couple undergrad psych classes (she’s probably still taking all gen ed credits) does not a background make.
Not my point. My point is that many, many people have been through heinous things and recovered and were able to be stable and productive human beings. She has many resources if needed, including her own self. And it would still be better to be injured and alive than dead and gone. JMO.

A couple undergrad psych classes (she’s probably still taking all gen ed credits) does not a background make.
Very true, and it's not quite fair to Mollie to assume she has more resiliency and strength than others. It kind of implies that because of this she should be able to get out of whatever situation she is in. Some things are beyond our control, no matter how strong we may be.

Do you think she is still alive?

No unfortunately I don't. I think LE knew from the beginning she was not alive either (just speculation though). I think something like evidence led them to that conclusion (like maybe something on the red shirt or something that they came across in the beginning on WC's property). JMO.

Unfortunately I don’t believe it’s very likely that MT is still alive. Often times in cases like this, the person is unfortunately killed before they are even reported missing. At the very least, within 48hrs. I really hope that MT is the exception, but unfortunately I don’t think it’s very likely.

Yes I do.

That is where I struggle....Especially if the perps plan didn't include holding her against her will. My thinking here is purely the logistics of keeping someone hidden, secure and alive for such a long time without being discovered/caught. I imagine that would be extremely difficult to pull off in this day and age for many reasons.

I definitely agree if someone took her it was someone she knew/knew of her rather than a complete stranger.

That has not been established by anyone, anywhere, at any time. She is still Schroedinger's Mollie to everyone outside of LE.
What is "Schoedinger's Mollie?" Is this a real term? I have heard this before a few posts back and have no idea what it means. Who is this person and why would Mollie "belong" to him?

If I see one more "It may have been posted" haha

Doesn't anyone ready what other people post? Seems like a waste of time if not.

One of those kinds of posts by myself early on in this very thread spawned a rather lengthy and fruitful critical exchange between myself, otto, and a few others last night, and between our respective exchanges I feel that we now have the most viable theory of what may have happened to her to date.

JMO.

What is "Schoedinger's Mollie?" Is this a real term? I have heard this before a few posts back and have no idea what it means. Who is this person and why would Mollie "belong" to him?

Just people tossing out terms to appear brilliant on the internet. Essentially the cat isn't dead or alive if you don't have proof either way.

Schrödinger's cat is a thought experiment, sometimes described as a paradox, devised by Austrian physicist Erwin Schrödinger in 1935. It illustrates what he saw as the problem of the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics applied to everyday objects.

That is where I struggle....Especially if the perps plan didn't include holding her against her will. My thinking here is purely the logistics of keeping someone hidden, secure and alive for such a long time without being discovered/caught. I imagine that would be extremely difficult to pull off in this day and age for many reasons.

I definitely agree if someone took her it was someone she knew/knew of her rather than a complete stranger.

People have been kept captive all over the world for years; even decades. I suppose that takes a certain amount of pre-planning.

Looking forward to that. But take your time, your grandson is most important right now. Hope he recovers soon, little ones can bounce back quickly, I hope that is the case.( and big ones too)

One of those kinds of posts by myself early on in this very thread spawned a rather lengthy and fruitful critical exchange between myself, otto, and a few others last night, and between our respective exchanges I feel that we now have the most viable theory of what may have happened to her to date.

JMO.
Well spit it out, don't make people beg like Chuck did a few pages back.

[QUOTE="ketel0ne, post: 14304637, member: 4986"]Just people tossing out terms to appear brilliant on the internet. Essentially the cat isn't dead or alive if you don't have proof either way.

Schrödinger's cat is a thought experiment, sometimes described as a paradox, devised by Austrian physicist Erwin Schrödinger in 1935. It illustrates what he saw as the problem of the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics applied to everyday objects.[/QUOTE]

I find your knowledge of 'Schrödinger's' quite brillant!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow