Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Not sure if this is allowed so please remove if not or someone let me know-
Anyone have any theories on WC and if he was actually involved?? Why LE spent SO MUCH TIME on him??? I understand if Mollie's phone pinged in the area but why not focus on the people whose property she was found on? Or any one else in the area of the pinged phone? Is WC involved? Was he a decoy?
No use contemplating that now.. I think we will find out soon enough. Or at least hope.

Typically, the choice of an elective drop site reveals much about the perp. IMO - they found her because the perp was sweated last night in Montezuma and gave it up. Cant see that questioning continuing long without an atty acquiescing.

This is the area someone posted on a few pages back of the location on google maps. The zoomed out pic shows how close it is to the truck stop. Again this is a shared location that I’m assuming is correct from posted replies from this morning. It coincides with the search area maps and the location of where media is starting to show up. Think it was back on page 23 of this thread. Was trying to compare to the Facebook page for the Police stations calls sheets too.
Yes of course the proximity to the truck stops has concerned me all along.
I am not saying a trucker did this. Truckstops are frequented by so many different people.
There are truckers who drop the trailer and run light and quick in the "truck" cab itself tho.
I noticed in Sharoneedles videos just how many Tractors without their Trailers (18 wheelers without trailers) were sitting around.
Just saying and as always jmo.
It's possible they have a suspect and just haven't named the creep yet.
I for one do not think it is someone MT knew well if at all.

Last edited:
Mollie’s dad stated in an interview with Dateline that she was a lover of poetry

I’d like to think that Mollie would say these words to her family, from a poem written by Henry Scott Holland in 1910 (which also brought me a measure of comfort when my mom died):

Death is nothing at all

Death is nothing at all.
It does not count.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
Nothing has happened.
Everything remains exactly as it was.
I am I, and you are you, and the old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged.
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
Call me by the old familiar name.
Speak of me in the easy way which you always used.
Put no difference into your tone.
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without an effort, without the ghost of a shadow upon it.
Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same as it ever was.
There is absolute and unbroken continuity.
What is this death but a negligible accident?
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just round the corner.
All is well.
Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost.
One brief moment and all will be as it was before.
How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting when we meet again!

Death is nothing at all by Henry Scott Holland (Gurteen Knowledge)

Last edited:
IMHO, she's still wearing the Fitbit.

Kapua this was my exact thought. And perhaps even the armband.
Oh God, dear girl, I hope it was quick and you didn’t suffer long. RIP Mollie. You drew us all in and captured our hearts. I know the stats and likelihood did not support your survival, but in the back of our minds we were all hoping against odds that we were wrong and that you’d be found.

Two questions have come to mind - did the storm on the 19th affect their efforts to find her?

I am not sure which interview it was but at some point it came to light that DJ's dad had used a crop duster plane to search for Mollie. I am struck by the wooded area here - and whether the location was chosen to avoid the plane. Then during the live update KCCI did a bit ago they noted LE has asked that no drones fly over a particular area.

This made me wonder if drones could have helped find her?? or did?
I don't like to speculate... in fact, I said I wouldn't anymore. But finding her like that and id'ing her right away sure does seem like they had a tip, or a suspect who gave them the info for perhaps consideration in charges. jmo of course.

Wouldn't it be hard to" dump" in that condition? And where would he have been keeping it all this time?
Exactly. You don’t keep a body around and then suddenly dispose of it because the dad is going home. This body was almost certainly dumped there around the time of the abduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member