Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

4PM Central Time. I'm in Eastern Time so 5pm here. For you +5 from me, 10pm

2. ExpectingUnicorns

ExpectingUnicorns . . . only the pure of heart can see.

Thanks, SheriBerry, I found it and listened. You're right. She did say 470th right before the video cut off. I think she must have misspoken as the overwhelming reports are at 460th. (Still only 1 mile from turnoff to WC's house and the well inspected pig [ping?] farm.)

3. sbsuzilight

sbsuzilight Well-Known Member

It is approximately 2 1/4 hours from now.

4. sbsuzilight

It seemed like when she said 470th it was coming out as a question? Anyone else get that?

Karen MacLeod and minazoe like this.
  5. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

AND hope that she ascended directly into heaven...

d4j, Breathe, LaborDayRN and 15 others like this.
  6. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

Mollie’s loved ones must be devastated and the community will be too. I just hope there is enough evidence to prove what happened and who did it, it is a real concern if Mollie’s remains have been exposed to the elements and wildlife all this time. I’m so sorry to type this.

I always thought Mollie looked so much like her Dad in photos. Her loved ones did everything they could to find her. I was hoping with all of you that she would be the exception to the statistics and would be found alive.

7. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

IMHO, based only on LE's assertion that they were "confident in their timeline", and my best guess, Mollie left a fairly precise digital footprint and LE chose to pursue more of a technological search as opposed to a physical one. Also, much of that area is private property and they'd need the owners' permission OR a search warrant to canvas the area the old-fashioned way.

8. Al Hoffman

Al Hoffman For Ashley Andrews and Murray

With the English river smack in the middle!

Veracity, human, Spartygirl and 11 others like this.
  9. CheetosDust

CheetosDust Well-Known Member

Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

OnYourLeft, d4j, minazoe and 7 others like this.
  10. Beth11311

Beth11311 Well-Known Member

Agreed - statistics and Occam's Razor tell us that she likely has been there the entire time. So sad...knew it would end this way but still just UGH. Her poor family, especially her dad.

Marmlet, roadrunnermt, d4j and 11 others like this.
  11. SheriBerry

SheriBerry Well-Known Member

I'm glad I'm not delusional! haha

d4j, zummo2000, Karen MacLeod and 3 others like this.
  12. Flowercb

Flowercb Well-Known Member

It probably is a private road as google maps will not let me go up the road with the arrow. I'll bet the perp(s) dumped MT there in hopes that wildlife would take care of the evidence (poor MT). Having said that, the body probably wasn't there long if they can still recognize that it is her that fast without a thorough autopsy.

human, Confusion, Peony459 and 3 others like this.
  13. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

See if you can find on the internet the press conferences conducted by former Charlottesville PD Chief Timothy Longo during the Hannah Graham case. Not quite, but close. He also lectured whoever was listening and knew something to step forward.

Veracity, roadrunnermt, d4j and 11 others like this.
  14. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

If people insist on naming names that are not from MSM or LE, this thread could get shut down.

Now I'll just sit on my hands and wait for the press conference. Patience....

jmo

15. minazoe

minazoe Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear this, lets hope an arrest is coming. I think it is. There will be a lot that
    still be gleaned and they will know what they are looking for and who.

16. CheetosDust

CheetosDust Well-Known Member

Don't think it's private. It is a dirt road and a lot of times the Google car won't go up dirt roads.

17. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

@Seattle1
    "SHE'S NOT JUST A FLYER," THE BOYFRIEND OF THE MISSING IOWA WOMAN SAYS. PEOPLE SHE HAS TOUCHED THROUGHOUT HER 20 YEARS SHARED THEIR FAVORITE STORIES WITH THE REGISTER.
    Luke Nozicka, Des Moines Register

Published 7:16 p.m. CT Aug. 20, 2018 | Updated 9:13 p.m. CT Aug. 20, 2018

Mollie Tibbetts' parents liked the name Grace. At the hospital in San Francisco, they didn't know if their middle child would be a boy or girl. Waiting to find out was an old-school approach — romantic and spontaneous.

But when they looked at her for the first time, they decided she wasn't a Grace, after all.

“Well, she’s more of a Mollie,” Rob Tibbetts remembers saying. .....

People in Brooklyn, a town of about 1,500 residents 70 miles east of Des Moines, say Tibbetts' disappearance has brought out the best in their city. Days after she vanished, at least 200 people gathered for a vigil at the high school, including people with no connection to Tibbetts.

Friends video-called Alexis Lynd, 19, who was vacationing in Florida, from the vigil. Lynd came home early from the trip; she could not enjoy it without knowing where Tibbetts was.
    She's nurturing. She's a Harry Potter fan. We all know Mollie Tibbetts' face, but her friends and family say she's so much more.

late edit:

Minutes before the thread closed last night I read/shared this beautiful recap of Mollie's short life, and was so moved by the love and admiration Mollie garnered from all who crossed her path. I asked Mollie to come home. I waited until noon today to confirm the news already felt in my heart. Rest easy sweet Pie. May your Mum and Dad one day find peace.

Encourage all to read and remember this story of how Mollie lived, and not how she left us.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    Amonet, Sunny123, 1&2&3 and 25 others like this.
  18. DexterMorgan

DexterMorgan Well-Known Member

So the land owners didn't check their own property for a month while knowing she was last seen 15 miles away and properties were being checked?

1&2&3, rashomon, d4j and 18 others like this.
  19. sbsuzilight

I cannot see the truck stop on Google. Can anyone tell me which direction to look?

Karen MacLeod likes this.
  20. SkipperKey3

SkipperKey3 Well-Known Member

She has since tweeted 460th, so when she said 470th she was mistaken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.