Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darmela

darmela Well-Known Member

I like your line of thought here and I think it sounds very plausible. The person could have been a neighbor, an acquaintance, or someone who faked that they needed help in some way.

2. usernameidk

usernameidk Active Member

I have a daughter mollies age who splits her time here and at her bf’s while home for summer from college. If I texted to tell her what was for dinner, and she didn’t arrive, it would not worry me whatsoever, she’s 20, I would assume she decided to do something else or be with friends. There didn’t seem to be a dinner confirmation, nor a formal invite, her mom seemed to casually let her know what’s for dinner in case it interested mollie to come over. Her mom probably assumed it did not interest her enough.

3. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

I can't on here. Sorry

4. LarkBunting

LarkBunting Well-Known Member

Unless she was wearing extra glasses/contacts those close to her didn’t know about, I don’t think she left the house intentionally or of her own accord. How would she be able to see to run, to drive the car back to her boyfriend’s house, to go to work & take care of kids?

5. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

OT what a baby doll! I am so sorry for your loss. I love Poms. I have two.

6. Athena12

Athena12 Well-Known Member

I haven't heard any mention of the neighbors who live near Mollie's boyfriend's house. There are a couple houses somewhat close by and I'm wondering if the people who live there noticed Mollie or anyone else coming or going, any lights on, when the dogs were let out in the yard, etc.

7. JudgeJudi

JudgeJudi Well-Known Member

He didn't mention a house. What he said was, "“Just a selfie with a caption like any other normal snapchat, but the background looked like she was indoors”.

Subiechik21, TRB, Confusion and 12 others like this.
  8. usernameidk

I would agree with this except I’d think there was some evidence, something, of someone having come to the house. I really don’t think it took place at the home. She is said to walk back and forth between her mom and bf’s frequently. And we know she did have a reason to go to her moms before going to bed, and that is to get the car, drive it back to her bf’s so she could get to work the next day.

9. mrtnira

mrtnira Well-Known Member

You've captured something. People often have more than one pair of glasses. But, until you mentioned this, it did not come to mind.

Subiechik21 and wary like this.
  10. usernameidk

He did say in another article I read that it looked like she was in a house.

11. kidetect22

kidetect22 Well-Known Member

So her mom lives “right around the corner” but it would be a 21 minute walk ??! Is that correct ?

12. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

Yes! It contradicts the brother’s statement and the Mom and the police. Consistently the one thing that has been made clear was Mollie didn’t go to dinner. I don’t understand why some posters are saying she did and then maybe just didn’t make it back to the bf’s house. To believe this is to disregard that Mollie was doing homework late at night there. Basically claiming the family is lying about whether she had dinner with them is weird.

13. darmela

darmela Well-Known Member

Thanks for your thoughts. At this point, I'm open to all possibilities and scenarios.

14. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

And no sign of a struggle.

15. HelpingHeart

HelpingHeart Well-Known Member

I think the timeline is something like:
    Dropped off at 5:30
    Changed and maybe had a snack and took off on her run around 7pm (someone saw her) and somewhere around there was wondering about dinner and texted her mom. Maybe she felt like brats didn’t sound that appetizing.
    So she goes home around 8 or so, showers etc and eats something that sounded more appetizing at the bf’s house.
    Started homework, while texting/social media, then at some point got interrupted. Kept the dogs downstairs to concentrate.
    She may have been attacked quietly with chloroform or something.

16. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

It's about 1 mile. At 3 mph, it would take 20 minutes. :)

17. JC40

JC40 Well-Known Member

Have there been any piece to camera appeals?

Subiechik21 likes this.
  18. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator

We do not have any verified insiders in Mollie's case. Information coming from facebook comments are not allowed here. Links need to be provided to substantiate statements. Only the victim's, suspect's, mainstream media and law enforcement social media accounts are allowed to be discussed. The facebook accounts belonging to family members, Molly's boyfriend, Molly's brothers or brother's fiancee' are not allowed to be discussed. Information posted from those pages will be removed.

This type of posting caused a major derailment of the thread last night and thread closure.

19. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

I can try to find the article. It was one with her mom being interviewed. I'm not sure what it means either.

Subiechik21, human, jkloc420 and 2 others like this.
  20. MelmothTheLost

MelmothTheLost Well-Known Member

Surely the work would be timestamped with the time she submitted it and a receipt or confirmation sent to her by email? In any event surely the university would be able to confirm the time she submitted her assignment after consulting the system?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.