Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, I’m still hopeful the FBI is onto someone and has said person zeroed in and on a 24hour surveillance watch. A part of me wants to believe really bad that Mollie just ran off on her own. This can’t be another case of another missing girl with no answers. No body, no suspect, no crime scene etc. this can be so frazzling.
I don’t think she ran off on her own.

*why bother doing this homework then?
*why isn’t there more “stuff” missing?
*why worry about the dessert being made for work?
*out of character...no notes to anybody nothing
*authorities don’t believe she just left
*lack of means to get “lost”...at least without help and that should have left a footprint (no car, lack of public transportation)
*intended on a trip to the islands soon (heck why not wait until after that vacation)

He’s not a super close neighbor, he's at the end of the street close to the larger north/south road. The way he talks about her, it seems he didn't know her to recognize it was her, he just made the connection after she came up missing. In the article, it says:

Source: Neighbor offers new testimony about the night Mollie Tibbetts disappeared

It seems that she was walking east on W. Des Moines Street and then turned either left or right on 398. Blue arrow would take her past his house, then if she turned left where the green arrow is pointing, that would take her in the direction of her mom's house.
View attachment 140222
The article just says "Wednesday evening," no time given.

So just on instant street view - if she walked east on W Des Moines Street - you've got a lot of houses along there that'd make it trickier for an abduction - https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/ap...3&key=AIzaSyAy3_Eqgwg_whwbGU3zOQFM4IG5lgaF8Qg

However if she did turn left on 398, in the direction of her Moms - then you've got a lot more open spaces...and if it was getting dark around the time she was walking to her Moms - this would definitely be lot more dangerous - https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/ap...4&key=AIzaSyAy3_Eqgwg_whwbGU3zOQFM4IG5lgaF8Qg

Does anyone have the exact co-ordinates for her Moms house?

Maybe was just trying to determine if it was moms house the Snapchat was sent from.
It is written weird, that she was asked if she was in a home at 9:45, and that was over my morning coffee. Hurts my head lol. And I don’t think I’d be calling it my morning coffee if my daughter was missing. I’d have to drink coffee of course, but I’d slam it while frantically trying to locate my daughter be it, making flyers, driving around, (no I do not think the mom is guilty, no way, I do not think any family or bf is )but I wonder if subconsciously she’s open to the possibility that mollie could have run away, especially to say that mollie was possibly abducted. I’d be saying URGENT!! ‘she’s been abducted’! or “she was taken against her will!!!’
Also what do you all think of brady’s recent interview?

Why would the agent ask the mom if Mollie was in a home at 9:45? The mom said she never made it over for dinner and the last she spoke to her was around 7:30.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, I don’t think she ran off either.
I’m open to it but I don’t think she did.

I don’t think she ran off on her own.

*why bother doing this homework then?
*why isn’t there more “stuff” missing?
*why worry about the dessert being made for work?
*out of character...no notes to anybody nothing
*authorities don’t believe she just left
*lack of means to get “lost”...at least without help and that should have left a footprint (no car, lack of public transportation)
*intended on a trip to the islands soon (heck why not wait until after that vacation)

Snipped by me for space.

There was zero indication that Mollie intended on sleeping anywhere other than the boyfriend’s house. Why would she? She basically lived there with him and she was the one watching the dogs. She was the one who was supposed to take care of them in the morning before work.

I thought she was only living there a short time and it was temporary? Also, if she was dogsitting and was going to work for the day - is that what dogsitters normally do...especially for labradors who are extremely needy...

Dogs in a basement isn't something we do in England, can someone help me understand if it's something that takes just a second or two (so maybe you would do it everything someone comes to the door) or if it's more of an effort and you would only do it when you know you are going to be out of the house for some time.

If an intruder came to the house would it be something they could do to get the dogs out of the way?

TIA

I think the difference here is in what people think of as a basement. In this area...Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska etc. a basement is just another area of the house. In my area 90% plus would have fully finished family use areas that include fireplaces, wet bars, media rooms, a guest bedroom and a full bathroom. The flooring varies from carpet to tile to engineered hardwoods. Putting a dog in that area is not in any way questionable. The rooms remain cooler and more quiet during the day. Many/most have a walkout to the back yard area where it is easy to take a dog out for a break or exercise time. Even in a rental type home most still have a fully finished area.

If one of our kids disappeared, we'd have to be sedated in the daytime, so we wouldn't continually black out from hyperventilating and lack of food intake. We'd have to be sedated at night, so we could get some sleep and not awaken in frequent panic attacks. I image Mollie's mom is just like us. Don't pass judgement on her affect. It's very likely moderated by medications which we also would take if our daughter vanished.

I can agree LE could possibly be withholding certain very specific telling details, providing rough generalized guiding statements.
However, just because MT may have been up indeterminate or not revealed late, doesn't entirely speak to her lacking or non-response mode to individuals, including mom, brother and bf. My experience is that some people know their communication partner's habits, such as sleep, and defer sending a text unless necessary or emergency (then they may call through).
Meanwhile, the response could be put off to a later time when better chance receiver is awake or up, functioning. MT may have acted this way.
A communicatuon may not have been immediately acknowledge as one may have been occupied or dozed off, thus when recipient did see, may have figured beyond appropriate time then to respond
IMO and experience

I am leaning more and more to LE knowing more or less who the few people are that know where she is. I hope she is still alive, but in so many of these cases they are not. Mollie seems to be a fairly responsible child that wouldn't skip out on work and most likely already had her ride to work worked out. But again I think it will be someone close to her that went awry in some way.

So just on instant street view - if she walked east on W Des Moines Street - you've got a lot of houses along there that'd make it trickier for an abduction - https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/ap...3&key=AIzaSyAy3_Eqgwg_whwbGU3zOQFM4IG5lgaF8Qg

However if she did turn left on 398, in the direction of her Moms - then you've got a lot more open spaces...and if it was getting dark around the time she was walking to her Moms - this would definitely be lot more dangerous - https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/ap...4&key=AIzaSyAy3_Eqgwg_whwbGU3zOQFM4IG5lgaF8Qg

Does anyone have the exact co-ordinates for her Moms house?
There’s a map linked here: IA - MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINES - NO DISCUSSION - Molly Tibbetts,20, Poweshiek County

I thought she was only living there a short time and it was temporary? Also, if she was dogsitting and was going to work for the day - is that what dogsitters normally do...especially for labradors who are extremely needy...
She was basically splitting time there and her mom’s house for the summer.

I think the difference here is in what people think of as a basement. In this area...Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska etc. a basement is just another area of the house. In my area 90% plus would have fully finished family use areas that include fireplaces, wet bars, media rooms, a guest bedroom and a full bathroom. The flooring varies from carpet to tile to engineered hardwoods. Putting a dog in that area is not in any way questionable. The rooms remain cooler and more quiet during the day. Many/most have a walkout to the back yard area where it is easy to take a dog out for a break or exercise time. Even in a rental type home most still have a fully finished area.
A basement is not a tornado or root cellar.

My hyper labradoodles can be crated for 8 hours with no trouble if I had to make them go that long, but only because they get long walks 2x day. I work from home so they are rarely crated for more than 3-4 hours.

Mollie lived there for breaks from school, most of the time, according to Dalton’s Mom. “She practically lives with my son.” But I can’t remember where I read that. Probably an article very early on. But I can’t back it up with a link.

If one of our kids disappeared, we'd have to be sedated in the daytime, so we wouldn't continually black out from hyperventilating and lack of food intake. We'd have to be sedated at night, so we could get some sleep and not awaken in frequent panic attacks. I image Mollie's mom is just like us. Don't pass judgement on her affect. It's very likely moderated by medications which we also would take if our daughter vanished.
Very true. Plus she’s really damned if she does and damned if she doesn’t. If she was making a tearful plea for Mollie’s return people would be quick to say ‘yea right - that’s what a parent does right before they confess to having killed their kid.’

I saw a photo from her interview and she looks wrecked. :( poor lady.

Unless the perp walked. As I remember way upthread the local police weren't exactly "local", meaning PD isn't actively patrolling streets as they do where many of us live. Perhaps a local to this area could share their experience re this likelihood.

But if the perp walked, what became of her? I think there has to have been a car on the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member