Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would the person know that someone was not going to be coming right then to pick her up. The person would then be caught

Well, people who commit crimes take risks, big, big risks. Sometimes they're lucky, sometimes they do get caught immediately.

Seriously, look at crimes of this sort. Ask yourself what would have happened if someone else had turned the corner, driven down the street at the right time.

One example that comes to mind is the man who killed Sierah Joughlin. In the past, he had tried to abduct someone, she fought back, and a passing motorcyclist rescued her.

As more time passes since Tibbetts' disappearance, authorities are increasingly suspecting that she was abducted.
"There's really no clues," Laura Calderwood, Tibbetts' mother, told "Good Morning America" in an exclusive interview on Friday. "There's a DCI agent who said she's been in the business for 23 years and only one other case where she had so few leads. So I really can't speculate. I'm just hoping for the best."
BBM

Search of pig farm turns up no sign of missing Iowa student

Ferjak says victims are recruited at the mall, school or in online chat rooms under a false promise of a dancing or modeling career. Others who are lonely or look out of place are also often preyed on. Once lured in, their picture and description are posted on buyer boards like “Backpage," an advertisement website, then sold in our own backyards.

"Believe it or not, human trafficking touches nearly every town in Iowa; big and small. It’s often hard for people to believe it’s happening in their own communities. Studies show victims in Iowa are typically young girls between 16 and 19 years old."

Hiding in Plain Sight: A Story of Human Trafficking in Iowa

She's a fairly petite 20 year old - she seems to fit the demographic very well. A trafficker is interested in what will make them money.

Does Mollie fit this? A young woman who has won awards, is going to college, has a boyfriend,and has a family that cares about her?

Just gotta say I'm really confused that LE announced Mollie was doing homework on her computer late at night that night. So she just missed dinner with her mom entirely and her mom didn't worry about that one bit, that was a normal thing for Mollie to do?? I find that so odd. Discussed it with my own mom and she was like, "If you said you were coming for dinner and didn't show up, I'd be calling you til you answered!!" Why didn't Mollie call her mom or vice versa?! I can't make sense of that.

Also sorry but who cares how brats is pronounced lol

My mom would also call like mad. As would I. However, there have been a few young people on here from small towns and busy families who have explained that in their families it would not be uncommon for moms to not check up, because people just come and go and they aren't worried types.

That's legitimate. Just a different style. It doesn't mean anything. They lived in a very safe area. I'm sure her mom had various kids and friends and mates of kids showing up and not showing up at various times with or without warning.

As to the pronunciation of brats, I started that. I haven't seen the conversation though. Someone did not know what that was. So I attempted to explain, just for fun. I thought of they knew it's not pronounced like "spoiled brat"they may recognize the term.

Sorry.

I believe Mollie’s mom also said Mollie was going to be making dessert for the family that night and wanted to make sure mom had picked up the ingredients. That sounds like more than a “Maybe I’ll drop by for dinner” kind of conversation.

I believe Mollie’s mom also said Mollie was going to be making dessert for the family that night and wanted to make sure mom had picked up the ingredients. That sounds like more than a “Maybe I’ll drop by for dinner” kind of conversation.
Mollie was going to make a birthday dessert for a coworker for Friday. Mollie texted her mom about buying the ingredients on Wed.

Would the yard where Mollie would let the dogs out to do their business have been wet and muddy from rain Thurs morning? If she made it through the night just fine Wed to Thurs morning at the bf house, then woke up and let the dogs out for pee/poop and the yard was yucky, I would think she’d have to towel them off and clean their paws so they don’t make a mess inside. Evidence of a wet and muddy towel or towels might show she was there Thurs in the AM, going through the morning routine.

Any bank activity? What about in the days before?

Where was Mollie living before summer break? In a dorm? With whom? Was she supposed to have roommates in the fall, in her new place? Had she already made a deposit for her new place?

How far is Brooklyn from college?

She didn't say she was making dessert for the family and didn't say she was making it that night. Her mom texted Mollie to tell her she got the ingredients, presumably for Mollie's co-worker's party on Friday, leaving Thursday (the next night) as the probable time the cake would be made.

“She had sent me a shopping list for a dessert she wanted to make and take to work,” she said. “I texted her that I got the ingredients and asked if she was coming home for dinner.”
Disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts remains a mystery
According to Dugas, Tibbetts had a trip to the Dominican Republic and had a party planned for the Friday following her disappearance.
“It was her idea to plan it on Friday afternoon, right after work,” Dugas said. “It was one of the other co-worker’s birthdays, so we were going to get a cake.”
Family, co-workers fear for ‘bubbly, cheerful’ teen who vanished

It's been a long while since I've logged into WS. Haven't been here since the McStay case. Mollie's case caught my attention due to her ties to Northern California. After reviewing her latest instagram post, I can't shake the feeling that someone desperately wanted to be in her inner circle. Wanted her to pay attention to them, most likely in a romantic way. Probably felt a strong connection to her but that connection was not reciprocated. I won't mention names but one particular post stands out for me. Anyway, I am just thinking out loud here.

Praying for Mollie's safe journey home to her family and loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆