Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #6

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

delete

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    Suglo and Momma2cam like this.

2. Momma2cam

Momma2cam Well-Known Member

While it may be true that some psych majors pursue the field due to their own mental health history or trauma, I think it is a stretch to assume that of everyone or even most. At least in terms of their experiences putting them any more at risk of victimization or future mental health issues. Trauma and mental illness is broad and far reaching so just statistically speaking, there will be many psych majors with those experiences. There will also be many doctors, attorneys, engineers, you name it with similar histories. JMO, as a mental health professional.

human, gitana1, mommylicious and 5 others like this.
  3. Suglo

Suglo Well-Known Member

BUMP :)

4. Gussified

Gussified Well-Known Member

Reminder not to quote a TOS violation, makes clean-up harder. Use the Report button instead.

gitana1, Tbone144, gliving and 8 others like this.
  5. Athena12

Athena12 Well-Known Member

LE said something like this after Lizzie and Lyric disappeared. IIRC, they said something about having evidence that led them to believe the girls were alive - and we all know how that turned out.

6. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Remember: Alert rather than quote and comment (which creates a string of posts for the mods to clean up).

jmo

tjredline, Suglo, PommyMommy and 2 others like this.
  7. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

As a former small town IA farm resident, I agree 100%. Somebody knows something.

human, crhedBngr, pillywiggin and 4 others like this.
  8. jennieohhh

jennieohhh Well-Known Member

After reading this, this made me think back to when i was taking classes to earn my BSN. I frequently had group projects assigned for almost every single class. I will be honest to admit that I hated these assignments the most because there are peers who tend to slack & not do their part, which causes more work for others in the group. At first you do let it slide, but as the semester continues you grow tired of having to pick up the slack for the same poor performers just to get a good grade...who knows, but maybe this was becoming an issue & someone threatened another by going to the professor to inform of not doing their part.

TRB, human and pillywiggin like this.
  9. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·

Best as I can tell there is not enough evidence to charge anyone in Danielle Stislicki's disappearance. I was looking for an example where there was a prime suspect, and police didn't arrest them immediately. I can't think of any cases like that. Usually suspects are arrested pretty quickly. The only possible reason I can think of not to arrest a suspect immediately, is maybe if they are hoping the suspect will lead them to a body, or something. But that is kind of unlikely.

bluesneakers and cass523 like this.
  10. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

If you check out that link, the default app pics show geolocation as well. Very dangerous.

OnYourLeft, TRB, human and 6 others like this.
  11. jkloc420

jkloc420 On Time Out

it means at best they got circumstantial

cass523 and KaaBoom like this.
  12. Davia18

Davia18 Verified Human

Is there active searches?
    Have there been maps released of all the areas searched?

13. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Please.

14. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Bump....

If you are posting on this thread - please read and follow the rules of this forum.

There are many new members who have joined in the past few days, it would be helpful to keep this thread from being shut down if everyone takes just 5 minutes to read PAGE 1 of this thread.

15. JudgeJudi

JudgeJudi Well-Known Member

Absolutely correct.

human, ReseeCup, Momma2cam and 2 others like this.
  16. gforce

gforce Well-Known Member

totally agree

toevlugsoord and Davia18 like this.
  17. Momma2cam

Momma2cam Well-Known Member

I was just suggesting that often there is a lot of information and evidence available immediately but not enough to charge without a reasonable doubt OR at least not enough presumably to justify the desired charges (murder without a body for example).

Someone gave an example above about a stepmother being cleared initially with a publicly checked out alibi who is now undergoing trial for murder. Kathleen Peterson is another case that comes to mind.

ETA: Despite the increase in technology and DNA, fewer cases are being solved. This article describes some reasons as standards for charging are higher now
    & distrust of LE and the system. It also highlights the significant variance amongst local jurisdictions vs national/FBI. I'm not suggesting the stricter standards are all negative but it makes sense that fewer immediate arrests would be made. JMO.

Open Cases: Why One-Third Of Murders In America Go Unresolved

TRB, human, pillywiggin and 1 other person like this.
  18. gliving

gliving Woof

Wednesday, July 25, 2018
    BROOKLYN, Iowa — Federal and state investigators are poring through “massive amounts of data” related to a missing University of Iowa student’s digital footprint in an effort to track her whereabouts in the hours before she disappeared.
    Mollie Tibbetts’ Fitbit data used in search for missing University of Iowa student

Okay, LE has had Mollie's digital footprint since last Wednesday. Five days. I know there's a mountain of data to dismantle. Hopefully they've found some clue by now. I guess if her phone was disable when she disappeared it might not give the information LE hopes it could. Wishing we could hear something slightly relevant today.

gitana1, slowpoke, Sconnie and 5 others like this.
  19. Squirrel85

Squirrel85 Well-Known Member

Deleted

Momma2cam and Rhia like this.
  20. Rhia

Rhia Well-Known Member

Oh geeze that’s awful...that’s a perfect place for a “hunter” then. I honestly never heard of it. My older one who’s 22 says she heard of it but never used it. I doubt this app was used in this case to have anything to do with Mollie but that is seriously alarming if the wrong person does utilize it.

TRB, gitana1, pillywiggin and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.