Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #6

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Momma2cam

Momma2cam Well-Known Member

Having one contact person and phone number is not unusual IMO. Sometimes a special hotline is created and several people sort through the tips. But, one spokesperson isn't unusual. I absolutely agree that minutes count. I just think it is too early to assume negligence as we are not privy to most of the evidence.

Purplepixii, TRB, Elle*Bee and 3 others like this.

2. DoABarrelRoll

DoABarrelRoll #JusticeForKyron

Thank you very much!

gregjrichards likes this.
  3. pamelado2

pamelado2 Well-Known Member

How do you know he waited?

borndem, wary, Hatfield and 2 others like this.
  4. jkloc420

jkloc420 On Time Out

we dont know, it is looking more like she was not abducted jogging

5. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

In my opinion, what makes the date in Mollie's disappearance significant is that it's a date when her housemates were out of town and she was alone.

For awhile I thought this might be a crime of opportunity (like Vanessa Marcotte's case in MA when a stranger attacked her while she was jogging), but now I'm leaning toward acquaintance/known-person involvement in the home. I think someone knew she was home alone.

Speculation only. JMOpinion at the moment, subject to change.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  6. jkloc420

jkloc420 On Time Out

becausr if more young girls were abducted and killed in parks or just randomly killed it would of been reported on

7. Athena12

Athena12 Well-Known Member

For those who can't access the Dubuque Telegraph Herald article about the man who attacked a jogger, it has been updated to say they are looking for a white male in his 20s with wavy brown hair.

IMO, the best source for Dubuque news is the Dubuque in Pursuit of Justice Facebook page, but there is no mention of this incident on there yet.

I was in Dubuque earlier today and there is a big electronic billboard with Mollie's missing poster on the main road through town.

Alcina, TRB, bluenoser and 12 others like this.
  8. geevee

geevee Well-Known Stickie

The official release of the PC doesn't say who will carry it but probably many media outlets given the interest in this case:

Notice of Press Conference

HayLouise, arabell, Hatfield and 5 others like this.
  9. n_6CC

n_6CC Well-Known Member

The interesting thing about all three of these cases is I-80. Although Delphi is 6 hours West, they all have similar environments- lots of farms, cattle and other livestock- but then again, it is the mid-west, and that is what drives most of these rural areas. There is a lot of cattle buying and Pig finishing that goes on, and therefor creates a lot of trucking to and from these areas delivering the livestock to other farms. Not saying that is what has happened here, just a similarity between areas. MOO
    Edit- Delphi is 6 hours E of Brooklyn

pillywiggin, Breathe, carbuff and 5 others like this.
  10. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Not for certain, but I believe if she was going to her mom's, she would have walked since it is just a mile. JMO

Hatfield, slowpoke, Davia18 and 2 others like this.
  11. liz b.

liz b. Well-Known Member

I agree, it was a fast presence. Hopefully it might make the difference.

12. lemmon714

lemmon714 Former Member

Yes, I've lived in cities big and small, populated by all colours, Canada and America, rural and suburban, and for each of the many decades, like our neighbours there, we always locked the doors. Period. It's a silliness to think otherwise, or a longing for a nonexistent past "when people trusted one another".

libraryg, TRB, lonetraveler and 9 others like this.
  13. monster12

monster12 Well-Known Member

I think many of us are going to be disappointed in this press conference because I don't see it coming out with any *new* or breaking info....but I sure hope I am wrong!

14. slowpoke

slowpoke Well-Known Member

Maybe because the area is considered so safe (it has been suggested they might not even lock their doors there), the mom never worried. That, and every family is different. Who knows, maybe mom may have texted back a “Hey, so are you still going to come by to eat dinner?” kind of message, and when no response came in, just assumed she likely fell asleep, instead of jumping to the thought that something bad must have happened to her.

Hatfield and otto like this.
  15. WtfHappened

WtfHappened Active Member

I wake up every day hoping to see that she has been found. Hopefully the press conference will bring more info on their progress.

16. n_6CC

n_6CC Well-Known Member

Yes Carbuff! A TEAM of FBI. 15+. I can see them calling in a nearby FBI agent, but a team? That’s also the reason for the hush hush on the case IMO

17. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

There is at least one livestream at @weareiowa5news. I'm sure you're right though and there will be many. Sarah Beckman on Twitter

HayLouise, geevee, carbuff and 4 others like this.
  18. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Totally agree. Mollie's disappearance has gone global, and her news trending which unfortunately also brings out the bad. There are many disturbed people that contact law enforcement and tip lines for cases like this and having one call center, spokesperson is not unusual but prudent. MOO.

Purplepixii, TRB, Hatfield and 2 others like this.
  19. BUF

BUF Well-Known Member

Officials to give update on missing Iowa woman Mollie Tibbetts (with photos)

The press conference is 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office, 4802 Barnes City Road, in Montezuma.

During this press conference, officials say they will provide updates regarding the investigative response, tip line information, rewards and information from The Missing Persons Clearinghouse.

Alcina, HayLouise, bluenoser and 9 others like this.
  20. Veracity

Veracity Well-Known Member

And and if google churches in Brooklyn there is a collection of them very close in proximity which makes me think folks from all over the place were either going in or out of Brooklyn IA on Wednesday night!

KaaBoom, Hatfield and jkloc420 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.