Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #6

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pamelado2

pamelado2 Well-Known Member

There have been girls abducted in the last 6 years. That's my point, maybe he didn't like all the attention from abducting little girls - so how many runaways (who look like little girls) between say 16-20 have there been? I don't think anyone can say definitively that he never killed again.

beth272, pillywiggin, wary and 4 others like this.

2. Ilovemy3boys

Ilovemy3boys Well-Known Member

3. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

I cringe with the recurring threads discussing Mom not freaking out over a “no show” Mollie for dinner. PLEEEEEEASE LET IT GO. When my 19 year old daughter is juggling work and college (especially finals week or the week before finals), I do not bombard her with texts if she doesn’t show up for dinner. Sometimes I check her location on “find my phone”. Sometimes I don’t. This is an age of letting go- by both parent and young adult. My daughter was nearly 3 hrs late for Easter Brunch because she got called in to an extra shift at work & was behind on a paper that was due. Somebody mentioned that the summer session was ending this week- and she would have had to turn in projects/papers before the DR wedding. She was probably burning the candle at both ends. If I were her Mom, I’d just assume she was down to the wire on a due date & taking advantage of having the peace & quiet of an empty house before the trip next week. She would have no reason to assume anything else. Please don’t second guess this devasted mother’s decision...

Traymar, Toodles5000, Keane and 35 others like this.
  4. Veracity

Veracity Well-Known Member

WideOpen and jkloc420 like this.
  5. Marah

Marah Active Member

HOw does a Grand Jury work? Does the suspect know they are being discussed?

6. jkloc420

jkloc420 On Time Out

whomever killed those girls in iowa and indiana likes the thrill of taking them in parks.

Breathe, carbuff and Hatfield like this.
  7. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

It was earlier reported that the jogger recanted her story of alleged attack. Makes sense why story only reported on Telegraph Herald and didn't get picked up by others. (Latest "Police News Flash" only alerting on skimmer found on gas pump at a station located on Central St)....

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    TRB, pillywiggin, angelainwi and 3 others like this.
  8. liz b.

liz b. Well-Known Member

15 agents sent so quickly is interesting. I wonder if they believed M. was taken over state lines ? Or if this was a case of trafficking ? Or did they find similarities to another unsolved case(s)....

9. jkloc420

jkloc420 On Time Out

wonder why it is in montezuma and not brooklyn

10. Athena12

Athena12 Well-Known Member

I’m a few hours away from Brooklyn, but the only church activity that happens here on Wednesday nights is Catholic religious education classes for kids, and that only happens during the school year.

Traymar, TRB, Gussified and 6 others like this.
  11. n_6CC

n_6CC Well-Known Member

Exactly my thoughts

12. Veracity

I beg to differ -

Wednesday night are prayer meeting and midweek services and also a night for some churches to have choir practice, youth group meetings, some churches use that night to have fellowship or business event. For us, we have to be at church around 5 to 5:30 if there something happening - and service usually ends between 7-8. And some folks don't leave right away.

And lets not forget some go to eat out on those nights or drop by the grocery stores, pick up mail at their PO box if they have one in town...

pillywiggin and jkloc420 like this.
  13. El Mago

El Mago Well-Known Member

Dead or alive, MT is probably no longer in Poweshiek County? Feels like there has been little to no buzz in Brooklyn and even the surrounding area(s) lately.

Is it possible LE is quietly following on leads way outside the town or state thus the near silence?

The interstate highway(s) are just around the corner. It would have been rather easy to speed out of sight, out of mind.

I've driven on the interstate in the country during the day, and sometimes you don't see a single car for hours. I would imagine it being even more of a ghost town at night, or early morning.

14. Veracity

You mean to say there is no Vacation Bible School in your town at all?

beth272 and jkloc420 like this.
  15. T_mar

T_mar Well-Known Member

I would be the same way! Unless LE told me they have a lead that I don’t need to be searching. It’s a mother’s worst nightmare, my heart breaks just thinking about what she’s going through.

16. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·

I buy it. I was born in a small town in the Midwest almost the exact the same size as Brooklyn. Not only did people not lock their doors, but most people did not have locks on their doors. Not only did people not lock their cars, but most people left the keys in the ignition. That was the 1960s and 70s. I'm not sure most people in that town would do that today. But they probably could.

Traymar, IowaMom4, WideOpen and 6 others like this.
  17. jkloc420

jkloc420 On Time Out

hehe vacation bible school

Purplepixii, beth272 and Laughing like this.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

Yea It is more concerning to me that the FBI has put so much manpower into this. It has me concerned they knew right away this was foul play and could be involved with other similar missing people.

I keep wanting to think it was someone local and known to her to make it easy on LE but the huge FBI presence has me leaning the other way too.

19. jkloc420

jkloc420 On Time Out

what if she took off with somebody she knows and she cant get away away from them.

newmember, Breathe, Kapua and 2 others like this.
  20. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·

Kidnapping or murder, depending on the circumstances.

21. Jethro4WS

Jethro4WS Well-Known Member

In Brooklyn itself, you have a Catholic Church, A Methodist Church and a Presbyterian Church and those aren't churches that run Wednesday night stuff like you see in Penecostal or Evangelical chruches. You would have to go to Grinnell to find most of those or the ones that might have significant congregations.

Purplepixii, TRB, Gussified and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.