Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what some posters on here have speculated about the perpetrator being known to her but not close is correct from what the PC just revealed. Perhaps a social media friend that could have possibly been fixated on her. I’m glad they’ve caught him before he got the chance to harm other women.

I'm so, so sorry Mollie. She must have been terrified.

That was my main thought from the press conference. Poor Mollie... she must have had some idea what was coming. I'm in my 30s but I go running (sometimes on my own) which is what first drew me to this case.
I feel so bad for her. Mollie, I clearly can't but if I could I would give you a massive massive hug. I am so sorry for what happened to you :( :( :(

I will say, I didn't get the feeling that this monster jumped out of his car and started chasing after her. I got the idea that he was running along side her, probably saying inappropriate things that some guys think is "charming" when really it's just gross and creepy and then when she turned down his advances that's when he "blacked out" (what a pathetic excuse) and murdered her

Yeah, that part of the story sounded sketchy. He was following her in his car, then he was running alongside her? How did he kindnap her? I have a feeling they haven't gotten the full story from him yet. They were probably just letting him ramble on until they could convince him to tell them where she was.

I bet the police told the Dad which is why he felt it was okay to go home. He just wasn’t allowed to say the reason.

The dad decided to leave a few days ago right? They said they had the conversation with this guy last night, he led them to the body this morning. They didn't even get the video tape that eventually led to him til a week or two ago.

Body found believed to be missing Iowa jogger; murder charge filed
snipped
"A critical break in the case was finding a local person with security cameras showing Tibbetts jogging, Rahn said.

"Through that we were able to identify a vehicle that we believed belonged to Mr. Rivera," Rahn said. "From that we were able to track his patterns and the routes that he took. We were also able to find Mollie running on this video and we were able to determine that he was one of the last ones to have seen Mollie running."

Rivera led authorities to Tibbetts' body, according to Rahn."

This case makes me want to lock my 16-yo daughter up and never let her walk alone or go anywhere by herself ever again.

I realize it's actually quite rare for a person to be snatched off the street but being a WSer where we see this stuff more often than probably the average person, it makes me paranoid and trusting of NO ONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88