Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like Mollie's body was found 20 miles away from where she was last seen on W. Pershing Dr., similar to other missing and murdered in Iowa. I'm not convinced that makes a connection to other cases.

"She left Dalton Jack's four-bedroom home in West Des Moines Street and was last seen by a neighbor, Nate Hopwood, who lives a few hundred yards away in West Pershing Drive. From there the trail goes cold."

Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online

It’s 8.6 straight line about 10 via road. That’s app.

If this is someone here illegally all hell will break loose.

@NickMoroff Washington Post Journalist.
SCOOP: Iowa investigators have made arrest in Mollie Tibbetts murder, and the suspect has a fed immigration detainer, meaning likely in the country illegally
This might make so much more sense now with the odd behavior of all.
Could they have known all along? Vice president Pence inviting the family to speak with him. wow, unbelievable. POOR MOLLIE!

Oh my God, we've been following this case like it's a criminal mastermind serial killer and it's going to be some drifter below the radar of social media and polite society, isn't it.

My bet is on a local that LE has suspected for some time now. Seems like the searches have been targeting the area -- as if they know where she was likely to be located in general, but not exactly where.

Have you guys seen this?

Investigators: Suspect in Mollie Tibbetts death is in custody, subject to immigration detainer

"
More than a month after Mollie Tibbetts went out for a jog and disappeared — and days after investigators searching for the missing Iowa college student said they were focusing their efforts on five locations — her body has been found, the Associated Press reported.

Iowa state investigators said Tuesday they have a suspect in custody who is subject to a federal immigration detainer, typically an indication that the person is present in the United States illegally"

Iowa state investigators said Tuesday they have a suspect in custody who is subject to a federal immigration detainer, typically an indication that the person is present in the United States illegally.

“We’re not going to release anything more until the press conference,” said Mitch Mortvedt, the assistant director of Iowa’s Division of Criminal Investigation. He said officials would provide more details at a press conference scheduled for 4 p.m. central time.
Investigators: Suspect in Mollie Tibbetts death is in custody, subject to immigration detainer

(sorry rhapsdy ... we were posting at the same time, thanks!)

If the person being held in custody is indeed an illegal immigrant, I could imagine a very outside possibility that this *perhaps could* have been an accident gone very wrong (hit and run that was tried to be covered up), and the person responsible for the accident didn't want to come forward because of their immigration status.

However, regardless of who the guilty party is, I still believe it's less likely to have been an accident than it is to have been foul play.

Breaking**** Washington post says a suspect in custody and is being held on an immigration detainer. Can someone copy and past the story here, I’m out of views on that website.

Use Chrome in Incognito mode- it gets around most article limits.

The WaPo is also very cheap or free if you are a teacher, student, have a .gov email address, or a .mil email address.

This might make so much more sense now with the odd behavior of all.
Could they have known all along? Vice president Pence inviting the family to speak with him. wow, unbelievable. POOR MOLLIE!
No. His presence was planned months in advance. The Iowa fair is a major political event. This was simply a coincidence, nothing more than that.

People brought up farm workers early on in the case but everyone said this type of corn was picked by machine, there were no farm workers?
No other types of farms that require farm hands? I'm from rural Ohio and even though there are a lot of cornfields there are also workers that come from south of the border looking for other types of farm work.

My other prediction is that she is seen on the car wash video with the guy who is in custody. Either having been abducted by him before they were caught on the car wash camera, or there is footage of her being abducted from the car wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288