Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brooks1985

Brooks1985 Active Member

Still catching up on the threads today, but I don't think they're "buying it" per say. They're just telling us that that is what he said. I honestly think saying he panicked because of his immigration status is giving him way too much credit, if he was worried about that he wouldn't stalk joggers.

wary, Robbi, ClockworkLemon and 2 others like this.

2. zencompass

zencompass Hope springs eternal

I want to see the judge and especially hear the District Attorney . I hope they don't show too much of Mollie's family. One reporter said that 20 members of her family and other loved ones are expected to be there. I will find the link.

Here's a link to CBS livestream: (on in 12 minutes)

3. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

I'm really not sure where "seasonal" came from. I recall the Employer stating he'd worked for the farm for 4 years.

Also, the dairy farm in question is a large operation with more than dairy according to their website. IMO, there's activity at their farm requiring peak agricultural help which could very well be considered "seasonal" work. MOO

Al Hoffman and Cortne like this.
  4. Jealoushe

Jealoushe Well-Known Member

He was"waving" at them, and then sending winky faces etc. The one I saw they didnt reply.

whiskers, kidetect22 and Cortne like this.
  5. Cortne

Cortne Well-Known Member

Working in a community that has lots of illegals I have learned that when confronted about wrong doing they generally fess up right away. I think you are right it’s better than being deported. Just my experience

Added. . Or say no English Lol

Al Hoffman, Seattle1, gliving and 2 others like this.
  6. agilbe

agilbe Well-Known Member

Hope it's not a high profile lawyer with an agenda.
    This is sort of off topic, but at the same time not. I noticed CR has a lot of persons he follows....... on FB. I think they were all female. Kind of creepy.

R.U.Kidding!, Cortne and kpm like this.
  7. dreamwarrior66

dreamwarrior66 Well-Known Member

That could be why he says he blacked out. He's ashamed to admit he raped a corpse. That's really the only way the story could be worse. He actually already half admitted to some premeditation. He said he had seen her before and on that day was drawn to her for some reason. That's just enough to charge him with premeditated murder, even if it's somewhat defensible. As you can see here, half the people believe it was premeditated. So his story of "half" premeditation doesn't do him any good really. Which is why I don't think he's smart enough to have preplanned this.

8. otto

otto Verified Expert

I don't know. Police said that the camera angle was poor and it took a long time to figure out what they were looking at and to identify the vehicle.

9. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Sorry I think I missed this. I know they stated it was near the area of Boundary and Middle streets, but do they have the actual abduction on tape and how does 1900 385th avenue come into play?

CheetosDust and Cortne like this.
  10. kidetect22

kidetect22 Well-Known Member

Also, the town my aunt lives in, has a lot of students that go to unveristy of Iowa so I’m wondering if this girl possibly went to school there and had mutual friends on Facebook?

Cortne likes this.
  11. The Farm

The Farm Well-Known Member

zencompass what time is it airing?

Oh 2pm???? Iowa time?

Cortne likes this.
  12. 2sharpe2

2sharpe2 Member

And she never had a chance to call 911

Breathe and Cortne like this.
  13. Jeng1810

Jeng1810 Former Member

I’m not local and a bit confused about the location “1900 385th”. Was that on the way to her mom’s house? It looks like somewhat of a distance from The city of Brooklyn.

AnnaGrace likes this.
  14. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Do we even know if there will be a trial?

gliving likes this.
  15. kpm

kpm ~ i am easily satisfied with the very best ~ wc

Mortvedt said officials do not anticipate filing additional charges against Rivera, but that decision will depend on where the evidence leads, and he cautioned there was still a large period of time unaccounted for.

"We want to account for everything that he did in that time leading up to the abduction but then since until he was in our custody yesterday," he said.

Investigator: Suspect in Mollie Tibbetts' death 'hadn't come across the radar' until Monday

AnnaGrace, gliving and Cortne like this.
  16. gliving

gliving Woof

[​IMG]

#BREAKING - #MollieTibbetts’ family has released a statement following yesterday’s news. They’re devastated and asking for time to grieve, but are thankful for the public’s love and support. @weareiowa5news

Confusion, MesquiteO21, otto and 2 others like this.
  17. R.U.Kidding!

R.U.Kidding! Well-Known Member

In reference to LE not reporting Mollie's disappearance as a danger to the community:

I think it does matter as each person in the community could make that decision for themselves. Some may have done nothing differently and others may have not allowed their children to be out alone .
    My perception was "no Danger" because it was Personal--someone Mollie knew that specifically targeted her.

18. Briangriffin

Briangriffin Well-Known Member

Not likely.

Al Hoffman and Cortne like this.
  19. Twistinginthewind

Twistinginthewind Well-Known Member

I'm guessing LE made it crystal clear they had him, and it would "go easier" for him if he confessed and told them where he put her body, and would be better for everyone overall for closure. Maybe a legal expert here can interpret what the "go easier" suggestion, if it happened, would translate into?

Grasping at straws:

That if he was cooperative, they would say that he was not a "highly dangerous" person in terms of where he would end up in the prison system (e.g., GP vs. maximum security)?

No deportation/death penalty and he would stay in Iowa where there's no death penalty, and that they wouldn't bump his case to the federal level that does have death penalty (if they could even do that... maybe not, but they could have made him think it was a possibility?).

I bet they raked him over the coals but good and the confession and location of her body was a real coup - they got a HUGE amount of evidence from the crime scene(s) that the DA can use to lock him up and throw away the key.

Al Hoffman, CheetosDust and kc1023 like this.
  20. Periwinkl3

Periwinkl3 Well-Known Member

The perp's account of the realization that earbud = trunk captive is absurd unless he's done this before.

Al Hoffman, enchilada, otto and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.