Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
DlOLssaUUAEK71s.jpg:large

#BREAKING - #MollieTibbetts’ family has released a statement following yesterday’s news. They’re devastated and asking for time to grieve, but are thankful for the public’s love and support. @weareiowa5news
That was so kind of her family to post.

Mollie Tibbetts’ Family Releases Statement

“Our hearts are broken.

On behalf of Mollie’s entire family, we thank all of those from around the world who have sent their thoughts and prayers for our girl. We know that many of you will join us as we continue to carry Mollie in our hearts forever.

At this time, our family asks that we be allowed the time to process our devastating loss and share our grief in private.

Again, thank you for the outpouring of love and support that has been shared in Mollie’s name. We remain forever grateful.”

So heartbreaking. I am sure my co-workers are wondering why I am sitting at my desk silently as possible crying.

In reference to LE not reporting Mollie's disappearance as a danger to the community:

I think it does matter as each person in the community could make that decision for themselves. Some may have done nothing differently and others may have not allowed their children to be out alone .
My perception was "no Danger" because it was Personal--someone Mollie knew that specifically targeted her.
I think the purpose was they believed that if they could make the kidnapper feel comfortable, he'd release Mollie. They probably really did believe Mollie was being held by an admirer. I'm sure she had 1 or more admirers who fit the profile of a kidnapper. If one of those were involved it may have been possible to save her.

Delete, I didn’t quote right

zencompass what time is it airing?

Oh 2pm???? Iowa time?

1:00 p.m. Iowa time which means 2:00 p.m. eastern standard time which is me.

I'm sorry I keep thinking everyone here is on the same time as I am.

Whatever time difference Iowa is for you. For me, it starts in 5 minutes. EST

Thinking about where he decided to place the body. It's possible he moved the body there later once WC was questioned by LE. It seems rather coincidental that her body was found adjacent to WC's property but then again the data footprint took them there. IDK

Still wondering about the poster who was here and I think got booted - who drove by (supposedly) WC house and said he pulled out to follow him, and that he was driving a dark Malibu. And then he said "well at least we know what he drives now".

Is the poster still here? I think it was the night of the press conference where we got no info. Around August 9th, same night I got a time out lol

That was baseballpiug iirc, I hope he didn't get booted and can come back to remind us.

Also, the town my aunt lives in, has a lot of students that go to unveristy of Iowa so I’m wondering if this girl possibly went to school there and had mutual friends on Facebook?

Not sure why this is a story - seems to be something about the suspect contacting someone on Facebook and the person who was contacted did nothing. That's a bit of a non-story, isn't it?

Time Zones Currently Being Used in United States
Offset Time Zone Abbreviation & Name Example City Current Time
UTC -10
HST Hawaii Standard Time Honolulu Wed, 8:01:38 am
UTC -8 AKDT Alaska Daylight Time Anchorage Wed, 10:01:38 am
UTC -7 PDT Pacific Daylight Time Los Angeles Wed, 11:01:38 am
MST Mountain Standard Time Phoenix Wed, 11:01:38 am
UTC -6 MDT Mountain Daylight Time Salt Lake City Wed, 12:01:38 pm
UTC -5 CDT Central Daylight Time Chicago Wed, 1:01:38 pm
UTC -4 EDT Eastern Daylight Time New York Wed, 2:01:38 PM

There are probably other victims but they may also be illegally in the country and are therefore not missed or didn't report what he has done. I don't for one minute believe that he committed his first crime at age 24 and it was was kidnapping and murder. He's been preying on people his whole life. Bet on it.

Thanks, TeaTime. You've made me think. I wonder if his other victims were indeed here illegally, which might mean:
1) If he "only" raped or assaulted them them but did not murder them, they could never go to any authority because they would be deported, maybe all their friends would be deported if it was discovered that the employer had hired illegals . . . the employer might be put out of business and the lives of people she loved might be destroyed. So she saw no choice but to keep quiet.

2) If he had actually murdered someone and hidden the body, no one could report it without the above consequences. Perhaps the employer thought a female employee had run off during the night. Wonder how many female employees have vanished like that and never been missed/reported? It would be interesting to check CR's employer's books for women who left suddenly and without explanation.

Horrible to think about, but I consider it possible. This wasn't a "clean" crime and he must have been helped considerably by the heavy rain that night and the fact that Mollie was not missed for nearly 24 hours. I just wonder what might be found in CR's background once they start digging.

Do we even know if there will be a trial?
i don't think anything definitive has been stated? i know there was talk of an immigration detention...that illegal immigrant a few years ago who shot a woman on a pier in San Francisco went to trial. Found not guilty but is facing weapons charges so not sure what will eventually happen to him based on the outcome. I'm not a lawyer and certainly no expert in criminal procedures when it comes to an illegal person, but i'm guessing there will be a trial since it happened here (meaning US/Iowa).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member