Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeng1810

Jeng1810 Former Member

IMO probably some drugs involved. Not for any reason other than I don’t feel he has the “qualities” of a true stalker/killer. JMO

Suglo and Robbi like this.

2. whiskers

whiskers Well-Known Member

I get the feeling there is a lot more to this story. First, I don't believe a word of his fake jogging/blacking out lie. Second, I wouldn't be surprised if he put her in the trunk still alive and took her to some home and others violated her. He didn't simply take her straight to the field. moo He's leaving a lot out.

That day he didn't simply see Mollie and decide to prey on her. He's preyed on women before. Seems he's just fine circling women in his car. There is much more to this story and I'm sure a shady past.

TRB, Breathe, libraryg and 10 others like this.
  3. Brooks1985

Brooks1985 Active Member

Because they set the bond for $5mil cash in his name, he cannot put up 10%, the entire amount has to be paid in cash.

bizzle2, Breathe, Quill and 5 others like this.
  4. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

I'm giving credit to the lawyer with the tie for that. He looks like a bumpkin, but I think he knows how to put on a show.

jmo

gliving and whiskers like this.
  5. Charliegizmo49

Charliegizmo49 Former Member

It’s cash only. It’s miney in his name. No one will give this guy $5,000,000.00 to get out of jail. No one. That’s why the judge set the terms as she did.

Jazzy5980 and Ilovemy3boys like this.
  6. ?mysterian?

?mysterian? Well-Known Member

Maybe the attendees were there to find out the truth. Maybe the accused has been lying to friends/family. We don't know.

gliving likes this.
  7. Shelby1

Shelby1 Cancer Sucks

Ugh. I don't like that a child was brought to court.

What was that lawyer thinking with that tie?

CR looks stoic.

I'm curious as to how much/how good his English is. I would guess it's pretty good. He's been here long enough.

I like the judge.

I didn't see Mollie's parents there...did I just miss them? Not that I blame them a bit for not being there. Just wondering.

To be clear, LE does NOT have any video of him attacking Mollie, what they do have is video of him in his car following and circling around her several times correct?

Breathe, libraryg, Al Hoffman and 5 others like this.
  8. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

Yes, I have worried this all along. That she was hit by a car and dragged off the road and left because they thought she was dead. Depending on her injuries she could have been unable to get help. IMO.

I hope she was out of it as soon as he attacked her and just never woke up.

Al Hoffman likes this.
  9. whiskers

whiskers Well-Known Member

I thought possibly an uncle and a cousin. Probably more, just not immediate family.

EaglesSpeical likes this.
  10. Stormy21

Stormy21 Well-Known Member

Or a mistrial. If the prosecution commits misconduct, he could get a mistrial. If evidence is not allowed because of some problem, he could be found not guilty, and the government would have no recourse to retry him.

11. rebel123

rebel123 Well-Known Member

Your entitled to your opinion; it's not ridiculous at all; it's only ridiculous because you don't agree with it.

12. monster12

monster12 Well-Known Member

When he (the lawyer) talked, I felt like I was watching "Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul".....

13. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

True. It will be interesting to find out if she was transported alive in the trunk to the place where the crime was committed or did he use the trunk to carry and then dispose the body where it was found. There was a road leading to the cornfield. How far by foot would he have had to walk? I thought I read that it was about 50 yards in but not sure.

Peony459, gliving and Bravo like this.
  14. Crystal Regan

Crystal Regan Well-Known Member

The client was talking to the lawyer and you hear the lawyer tell the interpreter,”tell him no, it gets the ball rolling quicker,” in reference to client waiving right to prelim trial. With this many interpreters, I can’t imagine client lawyer privilege can be maintained if media is allowed.

DizzyB, Peony459 and PommyMommy like this.
  15. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

He got a cash bond. That means he has to come up with the entire amount in cash. $5million in cash in his name. Not happening, folks!!

16. BayouBelle_LA

BayouBelle_LA Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting a conspiracy?

17. NewYork625

NewYork625 Well-Known Member

deleted.

MKZoo likes this.
  18. R.U.Kidding!

R.U.Kidding! Well-Known Member

Here is what I am wondering:
    How many other crimes he has forgotten

How he did not know what he just did when "his statement" arrest warrant pg 4
    Was after he harassed Mollie the Next thing he remembered was being at a intersection where he promptly made a U turn and headed for the corn--not the earbud first then corn.

He admitted to harassing Mollie because he was on vid. How it went down I am not sure but I do not think Mollie would allow a 5'3" punk like to sweep her off her feet without a Major fight.

I have heard so many answers to this question: When did LE first receive the tape. I have heard a few days after her abduction to Friday of last week.
    Just to be clear IMOO IF the tape was only given to LE last week --I sure as hell hope they do not qualify for the reward money--after all that is probably why the waited THAT LONG--guess the $400,000 wasn't good enough and this would not look good for them How do you sit on a tape that could have solved this case a month ago?

…...and yes this will be a star making case for an attorney ….but I do not think it be the case if you want a Supreme Court seat in Iowa.

19. Brooks1985

Brooks1985 Active Member

“Rivera is an undocumented immigrant from Mexico, and it is unclear how he passed the background check. E-Verify is an online system through which the government checks job applicants' backgrounds for employers.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/6abc.c...thian-rivera-passed-background-check/4028143/

20. Jazzy5980

Jazzy5980 Well-Known Member

$1,000,000,000 CASH bond

21. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

it was stated on HLN that the 5 million had no conditions. It's the full 5 million in cash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.