Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm giving credit to the lawyer with the tie for that. He looks like a bumpkin, but I think he knows how to put on a show.

jmo

Yup. I can see that's the direction this is going. Poor fellow, dragged to this terrible racist country as a child, never had a chance, developed mental disorder, family behind him, poor baby mommy will be without her sweetheart - and by the way, there was no warrant to obtain cell tower pings from random people...

Do we actually know more about his exact immigration status? I heard on the radio (CNN HLN) that his employer claims that he came back cleared in whatever database they check for work? Which could be a lie for self-defense of course. Or actually true. Dreamer?

Sounds like the database they use verifies the person by checking for matching information on documents. However, from what I've been reading, if the documents are falsified, the database doesn't know that and will clear the employee because they "match."

So it seems the mileage data point from home to disposal location is at 12 miles, is this correct? Tia.

How many miles to his residence? Tia.

How about if she was hit by a car? At this time would that be possible to detect?

After 5 weeks in the summer heat, the body will be a bit if a mess because of decomposition. However, post-mortem X-Ray will still show a lot, especially for blunt trauma to the head, and something like a motor vehicle accident.

Whatever is needed for a fair trial is a worthwhile expense, imo. We can't put someone on trial who doesn't understand what is happening....AND we can't a defendant later claiming he couldn't understand. Best to pay the expense of doing it right, for many reasons.

Yes! He must be able to participate in his own defense. Otherwise he could get off on an appeal.

Can someone explain how a person with a ICE hold can be bonded out AND be on the streets? I expected to hear the Judge tell him OK 5M bond - cash and oh by the way if you bond out of our jail there is an ICE order for you that compells us to hand you over to FEDS until the time of your trial.

WHY didn't that happen?

if he has an ICE detainer he isn't going to be bonded out. I think they just put a bond on the case.

I thought he spoke English to Mollie. Why does he need a translator? Is he going to downplay his ability to understand her?

Being proficient at conversational English doesn’t necessarily mean he can fully understand the sort of things he would be hearing in court such as legal terminology. I think it’s a good thing he has a translator as he can’t use lack of English comprehension later on as a appeal issue. Same goes for the fact that he obviously has a competent attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆