Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think there’s been enough time to run a complete criminal background in him in Mexico. Those take weeks. And the simple statement that “I blackout when I get upset” makes me think he’s done something “upsetting” before and used blackouts as the reason. That’s not off the top of his head. Imo
I tried poking around last night looking for anything in Mexico. No luck. What I can tell you is CR comes from a village not even a proper city. Not sure how much CAN be found.

Wow. Nice tie. Notice the sheriff eyeballing him as he stated his argument about media being allowed in court room. Might be prejudicial, people may form opinions about him being a bad guy! Also notice the fiancee there with the baby. Sympathy, perhaps?

Who said "fiancee"? I only ever have heard girlfriend. And there was the young woman with the young child- not a baby- and in the row ahead of her a couple with a youngish looking woman who looked distraught. Anyone know who they were?

I want to clear something up about the affidavit that contains an alleged confession from CR:

LE needs probable cause for an arrest. Probable cause means sufficient reason to believe based on known facts that a crime has been committed. This affidavit was submitted to a judge to provide probable cause for the arrest of CR for the murder of Mollie. LE is stating: here are facts as we know them today that support this arrest. CR's confession, even if it is embellished or made up, is an admission that LE can rely on as proof that he committed this crime.

It doesn't mean LE believes CR's story, it means CR admitted this to LE and they can provide it as evidence that he committed the crime. It doesn't mean that LE will present this exact story at trial. It is just the initial evidence the supports an arrest. After further investigation, forensic testing, interviews, etc., LE may have a completely different explanation for the what of what happened. And that's fine! But the fact that he admitted to incriminating acts and statements is enough for LE to start with.

Thank you for explaining this. I was wondering about that part when it was touched on in court today.

I couldn't help but wonder if his attorney was wanting a media blackout and gag order to prevent anyone else from coming forward?

Even though this is a heinous case, his attorney is obligated by his profession to represent his client in the clients best interests. It will be far better to provide good representation, to ensure a fair process, then to leave huge deficiencies for later appeals.

I couldn't help but wonder if his attorney was wanting a media blackout and gag order to prevent anyone else from coming forward?

I think it's just common sense to ask for that in a very well covered case. The media tends to screw things up and prejudice potential jurors and all that. It seems like one of those things you'd be remiss to not ask for, even if there's no chance you'll get it.

[QUOTE="

I have a question about this attorney - he is from TAMA, IA which is in a different county. And is a private attorney. Anyone have any idea how CR actually found him? And who would be paying his bill?

It bothers me because I worry about who might be following this case and see this as some sort of test case and offer to bail CR out of jail.[/QUOTE]
I don't know for certain, but I am guessing the defense attorney has been appointed by the court. This guy is in private practice but possibly a contract attorney for the public defender office. You see that a lot in rural areas.

I’m surprised he didn’t run back to Mexico before now with all the heat and media attention to this case.
He probably didn't tell anyone. Otherwise his family could've snuck him back over. It's kind of a miracle that they were able to identify CR in the first place. I think the way he drove back and forth made it easier for them to identify the vehicle. Without the video they would never have fingered him.

I think it's just common sense to ask for that in a very well covered case. The media tends to screw things up and prejudice potential jurors and all that. It seems like one of those things you'd be remiss to not ask for, even if there's no chance you'll get it.

To represent his client I would not be surprised an attorney asks for a change of venue. Although he might have to move the case to Mongolia to find anyone who doesn't know about it.

It has taken nearly 20 hours since the PC for me to post. I am so angry at how this has all turned out. Poor Mollie and her loved ones
It has been stated that he had the sheriffs department as a "like" on FB. I am sure he wanted notifications of anything discovered. I was also trying to find a post on WS from several weeks back where a member claimed he was driving past WC house and stated he was not home then stated he just pulled out of his garage and that WC was supposedly following him. I think he said he was driving a black Malibu?? Someone else posted that as BS stating WC was 60 miles away at the time. Anyone remember this? Could it have been CR?
Whoa...that guy was creepy....he had a lot of us fooled. Kept saying he was going to go to Brooklyn the next day and look around and I thought it was weird that he kept posting that. I was like..okay then go. And then he said something like- I'm on my way, driving there now...and went by WC and there are all these reporters there and some knocking on his door. I just thought it was all strange. And then the "chase" happened ….I think the mod deleted his comments.

Anyone else from coming forward?
Not sure I understand.
Do you mean other victims?

Or in his communication with the LE while confessing.

Oh they had an interpreter, and it was taped. State and Feds were there.

There is a tremendous need for medical and legal interpreters. Almost every official interaction with a foreign national now requires it.

[QUOTE="

I have a question about this attorney - he is from TAMA, IA which is in a different county. And is a private attorney. Anyone have any idea how CR actually found him? And who would be paying his bill?

It bothers me because I worry about who might be following this case and see this as some sort of test case and offer to bail CR out of jail.
I don't know for certain, but I am guessing the defense attorney has been appointed by the court. This guy is in private practice but possibly a contract attorney for the public defender office. You see that a lot in rural areas.[/QUOTE]
Before people started disappearing off his FB, I saw he had a relative there.

As long as you use a valid SSN and have ID e-verify will come back as legit. It’s not a hard system to get around if u know where to buy/steal a SSN and get a fake ID. I don’t know where to get these but it can’t be rocket science....JMO.
That's right. It may take years to catch up to the worker that he or she used someone else's SSN. We just discovered that where I work, & the guy was given a week to pack up & leave. He's not from the U.S. He was here *8* years, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151