Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense Attorney for Man Who Allegedly Killed Mollie Tibbetts Is Worried About the White House

"An attorney for the man arrested for allegedly killing Mollie Tibbetts wants the media excluded from the case. Lawyer Allen Richards, wearing an American flag tie, argued during an initial court appearance Wednesday that media coverage is overwhelmingly weighed against his client Cristhian Bahena Rivera, who should be presumed innocent. Even the government at “the highest levels” has commented against the defendant....

Magistrate Diane Crookham-Johnson on Wednesday continued to allow cameras in the courtroom. She denied the defense motion for a private hearing, saying media coverage of the initial appearance wouldn’t violate Rivera’s right to a fair trial because he wasn’t going to be asked that day to make statements about the facts of the case.

On the defense’s request, Crookham also set a schedule for a district court to review a motion to implement a gag order on the case...."

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profil...ie-tibbetts-is-worried-about-the-white-house/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not making any excuses for the suspect, but the attorney has a point.

I would not want to be a defendant in a case that becomes super-charged politically, and this case rocketed to the top.

I do not believe that Mollie chose to run along a highway such as hwy 6.

There were indications that she was training for a half-marathon, so an extended run is not out of the question. Though it appears that she never had a chance to return via Hwy 6, or any other route!

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the road Mollie was found on was in SharonNeedles video #1 at the 5:36 mark. SharonNeedles didn’t go down that road, just crossed over it. The area where Mollie was found would be taking that road to the right.

There were indications that she was training for a half-marathon, so an extended run is not out of the question. Though it appears that she never had a chance to return via Hwy 6, or any other route!
I agree. She could have either headed out to 6 or doubled back on 385. We’ll never know unless we hear her “normal” running routes.

Does everyone have to go on national TV?

If I were this agribusiness owner, I would grab a lawyer ASAP, and never appear on media. I could be wrong, but seems to me he needs to worry about liability.
I want to see an interview of the farmer with the video....

Reactions: Emi
Mollie Tibbetts murder suspect makes first court appearance, Tibbetts family releases statement (with clip)

"An Iowa judge ordered Cristhian Rivera, the 24-year-old illegal immigrant accused of murdering Mollie Tibbetts, held on $5 million cash-only bond Wednesday -- with Rivera's first court appearance coming just minutes after Tibbetts' family members broke their silence about their broken hearts.
Rivera was mostly stoic and looked straight ahead in the courtroom. He wore headphones and used an interpreter when the judge spoke, only answering "Yes" when asked if he understood the proceeding.

Later, given another chance to speak, Rivera declined.

Rivera's lawyer, Allan Richards, filed a motion for a private hearing, after an earlier defense motion for a gag order was rejected. Richards argued the case had already become too politicized....

A preliminary hearing in the case was set for Aug. 31 at 2 p.m...."

Mollie Tibbetts murder suspect makes first court appearance, Tibbetts family releases statement
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not as far as I know, although I wouldn't be surpised if that turns out to be the case.

I think you come to realize that the MSM gets many thing wrong. Worse yet, they do not correct themselves. I understand time constraints and deadlines etc. But often the details are passed along without rigorous vetting.

Someone hired this private attorney. Someone has signed on a piece of paper to pay his fee, if he wants a fee that is. The Magistrate Judge offered CR the opportunity to have a court appointed attorney instead but CR said no.

Is there anyway to ask Mr. Richard how he came to represent CR?

I suspect hed be as willing to tell you as the legal team who us repping magbanua in FL

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the road Mollie was found on was in SharonNeedles video #1 at the 5:36 mark. SharonNeedles didn’t go down that road, just crossed over it. The area where Mollie was found would be taking that road to the right.

Mom24's timeline and synopsis of case:

IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #21

Jennifermn's case map:

IA - IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

SharonNeedles' videos of the area:

Thanks for your time and effort with these projects!

Does everyone have to go on national TV?

If I were this agribusiness owner, I would grab a lawyer ASAP, and never appear on media. I could be wrong, but seems to me he needs to worry about liability.
Totally agreed.

If he gave fake info how did it match when they put it in the system? This monster has affected so many families and now a business. Prayers for strength and honesty from all.
Did he go by a totally different name on the job?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members